Shame we don't get many African countries taking part

I also supported the project in Timbuktu in Mali but it was in september 2022 but that time there were no political problems in Mali. That time everything went smoothly.

5 Likes

I always try to send postcards in travel mode when I am traveling in Africa. I reached out to another postcrosser in Madagascar for advice about where to buy stamps before I wernt there and learned that she was traveling, too. I wonder how many of the postcards from African countries are sent from travel mode rather than from a local resident. On another note, I sent postcards from South Africa in July, from the main post office in Johannesburg, and it took over 100 days for the first one to reach its destination. Some are still undelivered 8 months later. I don’t understand why the post is so slow.

1 Like

Unfortunately the South African Post Office (SAPO) is no longer a predictable and reliable service, like many other state institutions, sadly. Just look up on Google SAPO reliability or SAPO service quality and you will see that there are many newspaper articles and even studies analyzing the decline of SAPO.

3 Likes

I ordered postcard on YourBotswana website project. It took only 40 days to arrive to Poland. It’s a good contact with website manager and the fee is lower comparing to others. I can recommend it.

5 Likes

Plan International?