Sending duplicate cards

That’s perfectly understandable. Personally I’m happy to check for duplicates, as browsing galleries is fun to me, but I made a mistake anyway lol. I was fooled because the card was uploaded vertically, while the photo is horizonal, and I didn’t recognise it at first glance.

I’ve seen one RR that has a special group for advanced collectors who want to avoid duplicates and have their galleries posted to check, but also has a “normal” one without the need to check. I think that’s pretty neat, as people can choose their “experience”.

Anyway I’ll accept I made a little whoopsie mistake. I was thinking about sending another card to that person but I didn’t get any feedback, so that would feel kind of weird to me in this case.

3 Likes

Yeah, I would prefer a group for collectors and a group for those who don’t care. I asked the host about it, but she said that would make extra work for her. I get that. We have enough RRs here for me to find another one :slight_smile:

And I agree, I wouldn’t send a second one. Like you said, sending mail is expensive.

1 Like

I check the cards, but the change for duplicates is always there. I try to personalize the card with my message.
I don’t mind duplicates when the stories are different.

But I would send a different one of they already have the one that is matching. Most people have wishes, but like a lot of not mentioned cards too!

2 Likes

I check collections only if their importance is stated in the profile. In any other case I send something I think the recipient will love.

I’ve recently started uploading my own collections, but to me, it’s a way to share the beauty of cards I’ve received and I don’t care about duplicates at all. I agree that the message is what makes a card unique.

2 Likes

They might have gotten that design before, but I bet they have never gotten that exact card with the same exact stamps with the same exact message before. The picture isn’t the only part of the postcard experience. Don’t stress it too much. I am always happy to see a postcard in my mailbox, even one I have already seen the picture before!

2 Likes

I love this community and the effort that is put into this hobby! With that being said, I once clicked on the link provided on a profile “check to avoid duplicates” and clicked right “back” to the previous page when I realized there were dozens and dozens of category albums :face_with_peeking_eye::face_with_hand_over_mouth: I just don’t have the patience. :grimacing: PC is my time to get away from the stress. Hopefully they’ll like the back of any duplicates I may send :dancing_women:

1 Like

Ohhhh I am new and don’t have that many cards yet. I hadn’t even thought of the idea of duplicates before. I was already intimidated by people with very strict sounding wish lists. Hopefully people understand that dupes can happen and don’t get too mean. I haven’t even received 10 cards yet, but even if they were all the same, I am just jazzed to get something that isn’t a bill haha. Plus I am amazed at the different things people think to write to a complete stranger!

1 Like

Normally when I read a profile, I can already think what of my cards I send.
So it’s easy to check my country, did they receive it.

If they have collections, I look that topic, like “rivers”, if they organised it by theme.

But sometimes Flickr works really bad, images open in different time, it can be slow, so I don’t looks such.

If someone seems really not wanting to have a duplicate, they get card what is done from my photo, so it will be unique, unless they keep other profiles :slight_smile:

But it’s always possible to get a duplicate, because someone can be writing the same card while I write mine, or while mine is travelling, or similar is already travelling to them.

3 Likes