[RR] šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø US to US Surprise Me -Themeless Fun From Hawaii to Maine - We Want YOU! (Part 1)

Group 1142

@MeaganMS sent the lovely HPC USA card. My favorite part of the front is the cute burger (weird, I know). Moving sucked, but it was necessary, so I just had to learn to deal with it. We had to stay a few weeks with family while waiting for the new place to close. Fortunately, I was able to unpack rather quickly (weā€™ve heard from friends who have taken months to unpack). Thank you, Meagan!

Wow! This will take some exploring.
Congratulations, Michelle.
Iā€™ll have to come visit more frequently.

Please add me to a small group.
:sunglasses:

But my walking skeleton dude is gone.
:sleepy:

2 Likes

Yeah. That kinda sucks. So happy to see you, though!!

1 Like

Group 1140

@anon38742675 sent a hilarious geology as depicted in jello postcard. I immediately took a picture and sent it to my geology friendsā€¦so funny! I love Schittā€™s Creek, too. Donā€™t forget to watch the special on Netflix after youā€™ve finished the series. Moira is my favorite character. I just think sheā€™s amazing. She is followed closely by Alexis. :heart:

1 Like

Group 1152 is ready for the mail.

1148 - now all received, today I got a fun record store postcard from purplepiccolo

ellistrations received:

Group #1140

@DigiHawk - ā€œScenes from the life of George Washington,ā€ thank you! This is sort of a black and white animal, it counts! Itā€™s interesting to learn about who is from your town, especially when theyā€™ve made such a large impact.

@anon38742675 - beautiful snail illustration, thank you! This is a beautiful card! Iā€™m thinking when I have my own place, Iā€™ll frame all my snail cards and hang them in the room I use to write my snail mail! :slight_smile:

@MeaganMS - artsy turtle, thank you! I have really slowed down with the forums myself, but Iā€™m hoping to pick it back up once I get more comfortable with the new format. Iā€™ve been well lately, taking it all one day at a time. Love the stickers you used as well!

(All received except Monkeyflower.)

recā€™d for group 1146
@coleandjojo Thanks for the postcard. I will be glad when the postal service stops using the energy postal mark, itā€™s a great one except when the miss and put is right over the written part. Thatā€™s what happened with your postcard. I wasnā€™t able to read the first few lines, but I do understand you decorated someone house, your parents I think and had a great time doing it. Love the pumpkin witch idea.

Group #1149
@kyvintage A great Harry Potter postcard. My favorite character is Ron, but I love the strength of Hermione she is a great example for any young or old girl.

Ah heck! I bet no gifs in profiles now, huh?

Some updates:

Group 1125
@anon38742675 a wonderful sign of the birthplace of L Frank Baum! I remember seeing his name in bold type face on my copy of the Wizard of Oz book as a kid. I really liked that font. What a nice original postcard!

Group 1150
@coleandjojo such a fun sheep letā€™s all love each other postcard :slight_smile: What a fun tradition to decorate your parentsā€™ home while they are away on vacation! Thatā€™s really special. I hope they enjoyed it. Thank you for the Halloween stickers, too :broom:
@Shesa-Renegade a fun vintage PC of Jack Kennedyā€™s summer home. I just borrowed James Pattersonā€™s book on the Kennedeys from the library, so this was like deja vu! Educated is a crazy story. I think Iā€™ve only made my way through 1/2 of it since I own it. If I have to give it back to the library, Iā€™m more likely to finish it. :yum:
@kyvintage a wonderful ā€œElvis is Everywhereā€ postcard. I definitely can agree with that!
@Blue_Fox a lovely postcard of Cavalry on Carter Day in England. Thanks for the royalty card! I think the interior shots of the castles are probably mail-worthy, too :wink:
@LilyPostKort sent a wonderful World Postcard Day postcard designed by @MeaganMS. Itā€™s so special and lovely. Thank you both!
@steresem a night view of Portland. Iā€™m glad you had a wonderful time with your friend!
@PamUSAOhio a Degas painting! I used to love his work a lot as a teenager. I will probably write about my voting experience in postcards to comeā€¦ :grimacing: not nearly as smooth as yours.
@TravelingKatie itā€™s funny to think of Zebras as being mostly black. And they have the longest migration!?! Whoa, so cool. Iā€™d love to see the migration patterns of dazzles of :zebra: :wink:

Thank you all!

Hi @MichelleW, can I join a group please? Also, thank you for getting the new forum setup. It looks great! :star_struck::heart_eyes:

I seem to have lost my little sheet that says how many cards I received for each group! Where do these things that just disappear go. Iā€™m beginning to think the Mary Norton was on to something when she wrote ā€œThe Borrowers!ā€ Regardless I have a couple people to thank for AWESOME cards:

Group 1148

@purplepiccolo sends pc with 90ā€™s babe Pam Anderson. In my current role I do a lot of interviewing and its tough right now. With Covid-19 there is not a lot of in-person interviewing and many businesses are not hiring at all so you should be very proud with your progress. May the odds be ever in your favor!

@travelingyogibear sends JUSTICE pc with stamps of victims of Police violence. This is such a creative idea. Thank you for sending me one! I agree the worlds would be a better place is we took the time to talk and relate with people outside of our own country, race, culture, religion, etcā€¦

@MichelleW I need to send you a u2u and everything is NEW and DIFFERNET. UGH! If all goes well you will have one by the time you read this. If not please send me a message I have a questions???

Yay I found this group on the new forum :smiley:

May I please join Group 1154

Group SB03 :heart:

@TravelingKatie
A cockroach! I am really loving these b&w illustrations. I wish I knew they didnā€™t like cucumbers when I lived in Californiaā€™s Central Valley. Donā€™t overwork yourself and be sure to take time when needed. Thank you, Katie!

Group 1150 ā€“ Double-Bogey Group :heart:

@LilyPostKort
Hurray! A USA Virtual Meetup card held on October 3, 2020 / World Postcard Day. How many people attended the zoom event? Megan did a great job the card and I love the colors. Thank you, Lily!

And they would be for group(s)???

Mark, I wasnā€™t in 1148. I think that was a RAS card I sent to you. Was it Halloween-ish? :jack_o_lantern:

I got your PM and will put you in a group - Iā€™m sorry I missed your post on the old forum!

Sorry @MichelleW they were 1140.

No problem - I kind of thought that was the group!

Group 1154 closed and I sent the address list.

Stay tuned for news about a special groupā€¦ :sunglasses:

updated resize

Group 1150
@TandemStoker sent an LP PC of Denver. Itā€™s really dreary here, too!

I am getting used to how I process incoming messages with the new forum. I had my system in the old forum, and now the alerts throw me off! I think Iā€™m getting the hang though, so I will send out my due postcards today hopefully.