[RR] šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø US to US Surprise Me -Themeless Fun From Hawaii to Maine - We Want YOU! (Part 1)

All my open house card are finally out the door!

Hi @clouisesz, I noticed that your @mentions arenā€™t being ā€œactivatedā€ as tags in your posts, because youā€™re typing the names in bold letters. Try just typing the usernames following the @ in regular letters, and the system will automatically convert them to tags.

Hi @Yelena, your @mentions also arenā€™t being converted to tags because of the dash (-) youā€™re placing after the usernames. Try putting a space between the names and the dashes, to activate the tags. (And hello, we havenā€™t met yet in one of Michelleā€™s groups, so please forgive me for piping up here uninvited!) :sweat_smile:

@kyvintage sent me a nice Kentucky card. Iā€™m glad you and your husband have been safe. Nobody I see has come down with COVID (that we know of) yet either. Another student is rumored to have tested positive, but the school canā€™t tell us who. I only interact with a handful of classmates, though, and I know itā€™s not them. Hopefully it doesnā€™t spread. :grimacing:

I thought Iā€™d mention that before we ā€œmoved,ā€ Gbnaabennett posted that she and her children had tested positive and werenā€™t wholly recovered (that was probably at least 6 weeks ago). Iā€™ve tried to get an update, but no luck so far.

My neighbor is currently in quarantine and waiting for 2nd test. That will make you nervous.

Hereā€™s hoping those us of who are healthy remain so!

Oh. My. Goodness!

Donā€™t hesitate to post any questions here or you can send a Private Message to our local expert maleko for the best advice. If heā€™s busy, Iā€™m fairly knowledgeable now! :hugs: But the first thing to remember is that we have ALL stumbled through the update - it gets better.

And you have an avatar! :rofl:

My friend, you donā€™t need an invitation - the door is always open to you and your help is sooooooooooooo needed (as I just mentioned to Mary in the above post)! :kissing_heart:

Just my suggestion to your notes about the @ tag. Iā€™d like to also point out that when you start to address someone with the @ tag, a pop-up should appear with a list of users that you may be tagging. If you type in the full name (i.e., ā€œ@pretenduserā€) then that userā€™s avatar should appear and you can click on that!

So many discoveriesā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

And I received two cards yesterday, which made the day a lot brighter!

OPEN HOUSE:

@Shesa-Renegade sent a beautiful card showing Moraine Lake in Alberta, Canada. I was sorry that my trip to Canada only involved landing in Alberta and then heading out on our westward journey! Thank you! :smiley:

@Yelena sent a beautiful Monet painting, ā€œOn the Bank of the Seine Bennecourt.ā€ Itā€™s interesting that the woman in the piece is his wife, Camille! Your Monterey trip sounds so relaxing - building sand castles sounds like a perfect escape from everything! Thank you! :smiley:

And I think that is it for the moment!

FlowerSmiley.jpg

@maleko thanks for letting me know. hope this one works So appreciate you.

1 Like

@MichelleW may i join a small group

THANK YOU for letting me know that! Iā€™m still learning how this new forum works. Iā€™m glad you let me know that! :slight_smile:

Group 1161 will be heading out tomorrow!

I received two cards yesterday from @dariasmith, one for group 1104 (a view of the City Market in Charleston), and one for group 1121 (an adorable photograph of a little girl with a cow)! I also love cows so muchā€¦ here is one of my favorite cows Iā€™ve ever met, alone in the rain on a country hike in England:

20191001_172244

I hope your boyfriend enjoys his time in Ohio, if he ends up coming to school here!

1 Like

Also, for the Open House group, I received from:

@kyvintage A very interesting illustration of The Tortoise and the Hare - slow and steady has been the only way to get through this year, I think!

@Shesa-Renegade Another new addition to my Women in Science collection! I agree about the setbacks women in science still face - at least there are a lot of wonderful projects lately (including Rachel Ignotofskyā€™s illustrations!) to help bring attention to the fact that women have always been a part of science, even if they werenā€™t always recognized for their contributions!

@treeclimber A card with some wonderful views from Great Smoky Mountains National Park! I miss travelling as well - I spend half of my days just planning out all the trips Iā€™ll take once weā€™re able to goā€¦ not that my budget agrees :sweat_smile:

Thank you all!

1157 from @Blue_Fox Samupai a Japanese art work from about 1849. The best part is the fortune cookie, fortune added to the card ā€œIf we do not change our direction, we are likely to end up where we are headed.ā€ I love it.

Open House @coleandjojo sends Edward Gorey, Illustration from The Glorious Nosebleed . This card comes with the absolute worst post office story I have ever heard. I can not imagine how such a transaction could occurā€¦oh wait, yes I can.

Thank you both for your cards and words.

recā€™d #1158

@serifluous ā€œfeed your friendsā€ postcard. I love this postcard, it supports communities and immigrant orgs. What a wonderful project. Yes I was very happy with the election and like you sending donations to Ga.

2 Likes

Open House received from:

@coleandjojo - what a view of Grand Canyon National Park; Iā€™ve been to the Outer Banks only once at Thanksgiving and we camped in Duck, NC - we thought the camper was going to be blown over at night it was so windy.

@jocrafts - an Urban Sketcher card of a fountain in Paris; I saw an ad for Emily in Paris and wondered if it would be good. I may have to check it out this weekend. I need a feel-good show.

Iā€™d like to join 1060, Double Eagle, please.

Group 1162 is in the mail!

Cards for 1162 are mailed!

Groovy - thanks, everyoneFlowerSmiley.jpg