[RR] US to US Surprise Me -Themeless Fun From Hawaii to Maine! (Updated)

Group 1473: At long last, the card from @thrakaboom arrived! It was mailed on April 22 and arrived without damage. It’s curious what took it so long. :wink:

Yep, dealing with triplets can be a handful as what one doesn’t think of, one of the others will. :rofl:

I just finished reading “Why We Swim” by Bonnie Tsui. Fascinating stories about survival, wellness, community, competition against the backdrop of history, anthropology, culture, science and personal stories.

I did paint it! How fun that we have the same number and species of pets. :slight_smile:

I did, yes, glad you like it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@hootnoodle thanks for these chickens.
I bought my niece some Pokemon cards for $1. They’re in French, but since she’s 3, I don’t think she’ll notice :joy:

@TandemStoker congrats to your team! Thanks for the cheese

@maleko thanks for this Universal Studios card

1 Like

How nice to resume what we think of a “normal” posting! :laughing:

I’ve updated - enjoy your weekend!
FlowerSmiley.jpg

1 Like

Rec’d 1500
@scoutingbear I absolutely love this teapot postcard. In fact I am in the processes of making ice tea right now.
@treeclimber Happy faces. A scrapbook road trip sounds like it would be right up my ally. An Art warehouse even better. What fun you must have had. I know I would too.
@JudyFL a great watercolor postcard “Time to talk” not a cellphone in sight. Your gardens so
lovely.

@MichelleW 1503 in a mailbox

group 1500 had 21/38 cards…more came in

@treeclimber smiley faces, I love crafting road trips!! Hope you are having fun with your new found treasures!

@sleepyhippo1 a beautiful Iowa sunrise! You are so right!!! There is something quite magical about the picture and I think we need to squint and peer from the deepest corners of our eyes to see the fairies!

@ljbbauer Great Lakes shoreline…looks like a fun place to visit. I love watching any watches roll in to the shoreline!

@TandemStoker Mona Lisa…yes, I was surprised at the small size of the painting as well. I guess we all assume that all the famous paintings were on the big 20x24 or greater canvases. lol but it was probably equivalent to his sketchbook as they say there is another painting underneath…so maybe he was just doodling. haha

@JudyFL all the Disney classic fairies! I wish I was within commuting distance to Disney…I would get an annual pass and go on dreary days! haha

@hootnoodle Harry Potter film clip :smiley: Having just returned from a vacation…I have lost so many items because I don’t remember where I put them before we left…and didn’t see them while we were gone, and now the house is in worse chaos than before! sometimes it is not worth going away!..oh well, it is just money…I am re-ordering from amazon some things I need to survive the summer heat that got lost…I am sure they will show up as soon as I place the order. haha

@TwoDoggies a beautiful rainbow…good luck not overpacking…I tried my darndest to just pack the essentials on our trip and when I was unpacking I still realized that I packed twice as many clothes as I actually wore. But when I pack I do not count on wearing things twice…I once figured that into my packing and ran out of things without doing washing or buying more as they got muddy or stained or whatever :frowning:

@jocrafts I need to go check if you are in this group…I got a lovely homemade fabric card and it just says from Jo…so I immediately thought of you, but didn’t realize you were in Phoenix…for some reason I think of you in Indiana! Phoenix in the summertime…I well remember that misery! I used to walk my dogs around midnight or 2am!

@Cruzin I can see your card on informed delivery…but it has been a few days. The other cards finally showed up on saturday but yours hasn’t yet. reporting since I can see it made it into the post office anyway, just not MY post office. haha.

this will bring me to 30 of 38 cards

2 Likes

Group 1500

@lyndylou5 sends a beautiful Washington postcard that looks like somewhere I want to be on a hot day! It’s 80 today, I am in my happy place!

@hootnoodle sends a new addition to the Harry Potter case, I love how Harry was channeling Prof Lupin during the training! Three weeks in Italy sounds amazing, my mom’s family is from Sicily!

@ljbbauer sends a postcard of all time best sellers, I have read most of these books! Your cat sounds like our late Whiskers. He adopted us and thought he was the King of the house…he would sit by the hand vac meowing…our clue that he wanted to be vacuumed!!

@JudyFL sends a gorgeous postcard of Australia! Oh how I miss working stamp shows with my dad! I would help set up the booth and then I was free to look and shop. Many of my favorite dealers would have things set aside for me to look at.

1 Like

From group 1500:

@sleepyhippo1 , a sweet illustration of kitties. I always sleep with the window open. I love the fresh air.

Thank you!

All my Group 1500 cards are being dropped in the mail Tuesday (after the holiday)!

Thanks to @MichelleW @gabi_m @ellistrations @clouisesz @Angeldreamer @sleepykitty @BarbL @Ukucaitie @anon68172931 @durangirl @uconn @Cruzin @Yarn-Lady @ljbbauer @treeclimber @salemhouse @Mallowpuff @MystiqueDeep @jeffweiss @JudyFL @SincerelySel @Appaloosa05 @maleko @TandemStoker @steresem for the cards I’ve gotten so far!

9 Likes

@treeclimber The Cellist of Sarajevo was a very good read, I stayed up all night to finish it, because I couldn’t put it down. Thanks for the suggestion!

It’s been a hectic week of work and baseball, so I’ve been tardy in noting receptions. But now that I’ve been awaken by the neighbor’s ad-hoc fireworks display, I have a moment…

Group 1500

@TandemStoker sends Route 66. Unfortunately after I wrote a program to solve Wordle puzzles for me, it lost most of its appeal for me. My family is still really into it though.

@treeclimber sends smiley faces. I don’t think I even knew rOtring made a fountain pen. Welcome to the journey. There are so many neat inks; it’s amazing. I like your artwork on the card!

@maleko sends “real men write postcards.” I just upgraded from a Pilot Prera to a Vanishing Point for postcard writing. My goto ink for postcards is Noodler’s Zhivago. It’s not exciting, but well-behaved on even the slickest coatings and waterproof. My employer recently rebranded, so I’ve been having fun trying to match inks to the new official colors.

@Beachyblonde sends Clinton Square Market. I’ve never been to Key West, but I’ve heard really great things about it. I hope you had a great time!

@Ukucaitie sends a sign from Scottsboro, Alabama. We usually go away for the 4th, not to celebrate, but to get away from the ad-hoc neighborhood displays that go on until the wee hours. I’m all for a spectacular municipal fireworks display, but I get real feisty when the kid and dog are woken up. It’s not like when I was a kid when you and your friends just shot Roman candles at each other…

@sleepykitty sends potatoes. I never really thought about sending fruit and veg by mail until I visited the Postal Museum in London in March and they had historical posters about how to pack fruit for sending it by post… Hope you had a great time in the mountains!

@JudyFL sends Mickey at Disneyland. I miss keeping hens! They were always so entertaining to watch.

@BarbL sends Ruler of the Remote. Yeah, I have a thing about spiders, so I don’t think I’d be game for being bitten by a tarantula.

@SharonMI sends a night sky scene, with what looks like Sasquatch. I did a big home office reorg, which included filing away all the RR cards I’ve gotten (previously they’d been in a big stack on the shelf), and it was a nice reminder of how much I’ve enjoyed this RR. Hope you’re having fun too!

@Angeldreamer sends Black Hills, South Dakota. I think I can make out Mt Rushmore in the distance. I’ve never been to Mt Rushmore. It looks like a beautiful area.

@ljbbauer sends a MoMA card of folks dancing to a gramophone. We were set to see some live music, finally, but the weekend before the concert my wife got covid. All is well now, but we missed the show. :sob:

@uconn sends a painting of Siena. I love when American towns model architecture after European places. I grew up near the Country Club Plaza in Kansas City, which is modeled after Seville, Spain.

@salemhouse sends a Kentucky waterfall. Hope the library book sales was a success!

@lyndylou5 sends Rockaway Beach, Oregon. I can’t believe the local post office didn’t have postcard stamps! Rockaway is just south of my favorite place on the Oregon coast: Manzanita.

@Appaloosa05 sends a beautiful watercolor painting! You’re quite an artist. I’ve very impressed! I also really like your sparkly purple ink. :purple_heart: Fireflies are one of the two things I miss about summers in the Midwest. Evening thunderstorms are the other. We get plenty of rain, but rarely thunder.

8 Likes

thank you to:

group 1491 @Monkeyflower sent a beautiful view of the Grand Canyon! thank you, I’m starting to feel there really is not a bad view

group 1501 @Susaninutah sent a Georgia O’Keeffe card, inspired by the Cottonwood trees in spring! thank you, I love the poppies stamp too

group 1502 @steresem sent the kitty of self care! thank you and I’ve seen dogs do the same thing!

group 1502 @HoosierWyomingite sent an anatomy of a paper store, so we can connect! thank you and the seahorse is not very inspiring and love the attributes

group 1502 @SharonMI sent a black and white of mother and child in a wheat field. thank you and our thoughts are the same–we are strong!

group 1502 @AccentOnHakes sent Cherry Republic! I have been through this town during cherry season, and it was wonderfully delicious. thank you and I know the shades will be just right for you!

2 Likes

PreambleConstitution

emoji 4thJuly

FlowerSmiley.jpg

6 Likes

G-1505 please add me.

please add me to 1505, thank you

Happy 4th Michelle! Can I please join 1505 :blush:

Well, I decided to join the folks signing up for Group 1505! It closed and I just sent the address list. Thank you!
FlowerSmiley.jpg

Group 1500

@MichelleW 1500!!! Thank you!!

@TandemStoker our community yard sale is in two weeks - as much as I should get rid of stuff, I need to stay away so I don’t buy more stuff!

@treeclimber I didn’t have much time to read in June - I have a lot to read in July to keep me on track!

@hootnoodle Sounds like a wonderful trip!! And how great to have your kids with you! I think we are off to the UK in Oct… not quite sure yet…

@Mallowpuff I like the Cheetos hand sticker!! Though whenever I get a batch of the vinyl stickers, some of them are disturbing - I end up ordering just because there are a few in the batch I have to have!

@maleko I agree, time to get into activist role again! Like you, my life right now is a small circle of friends and family - I think with the move, growing older and with all that is going on - it seems like this is where I am most comfortable at…right now.

@Appaloosa05 what a gorgeous card! I’m assuming you painted it? Just beautiful!

Thank you all for the great cards and words!!

3 Likes

I did paint it, yes. Thank you!

1 Like