[RR] North American September Round Robin - The Summer Cool-Down Edition - Addresses Sent

#5 - all my cards will be in tomorrow’s mail.

#8 Shesa-Renegade all of my cards are written and I will drop them in the mailbox on Tuesday on my way to work! :bouncing:

as of tomorrow, all of 26’s cards will be traveling :two_hearts:

First update has been completed!

1 Like

#22 uconn

All mailed

#13 All of my postcards are in the mail!

#23 reporting - mailing cards 1-13 today

#2, all cards are going out today. :smiley:

Wow! So 10 cards arrived today for this RR! What a surprise! I have so many awesome cards to report. Thank you to:

#4 @jenhart for the wonderful cards showing Civil War era African-American soldiers. We started week three with students today, my fourth week overall. We’ve had lots of changes as well, and overall, they seem fairly positive!

#13 @ladybug513 for the great card showing the famous William Penn statue on city hall in Philadelphia. Wow! Middle school already?? My nieces started third grade this year. Time sure does fly. Our busses start their runs at 6 AM here!

#14 @Hazygirl for the intriguing art card of a fish/cat! I didn’t even see the cat at first!

#17 @sarahgrab1 for the fun Mule Day card. It sounds like a fun celebration.

#18 @LaurenceB for the great York Post Office card. I’ve been there!!! I loved it. I’m surprised that your card arrived so quickly!

#21 @harleyq2btrue for the delicious recipe card.

#22 @uconn for the cool “wrapped kunsthalle” card. At first I was thinking, “are they fumigating the building??” Then I saw it was the work of Christo. :laughing:

#25 @rosiefreiwald for the stunning Rainbow Bridge National Monument card. We all should be planing more native plants and be moving away from well-manicured lawns.

#26 @sarahaeyo for the cute fall card. I miss taking classes on a regular basis. My experience in Poland this summer helped to bring that back to me. I will be taking another online Polish class starting next month. I cannot wait!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip for the fabulous Nixon card. Why doesn’t it surprise me that the police would be waiting for you at the various ports of the Caribbean?? :laughing: And thanks for the sticker for my success in my Polish classes. :poland:

What a great start to the month!

6 Likes

#22 uconn

#9 @RobinP thanks for this Philip C Curtis painting
Nice choice

#14 @Hazygirl there is a historic cemetery in Farmington CT with Memento Mori above the entrance gate
Thanks for this great card

#17 @sarahgrab1 thanks for this cool card. I really enjoy Fall in New England

#19 @ellistrations thanks for the humorous Alcatraz card. My dog isn’t bothered by thunder either

#21 @harleyq2btrue I’m ready for Fall weather, but it’s in 90s in CT today.
Thanks for this vintage lock, fish viewing room
Cool

#30 @RockyRoadTrip there’s a pinball expo in Massachusetts starting on Thursday that I’ll check out. Whoa Nellie is never there. I don’t think it was a big seller! Too offensive? They rethemed it to Pabst Blue Ribbon and then to the band Primus. That way they could use the same parts and just change the programming and art work.
Great card!

4 Likes

Big Juicy Melons? My Name Is Mud?.. eh same difference. :slight_smile:
I heard Whoa Nellie was an independent manufacturer’s hit that Stern then bought the rights to (maybe just to kill it off).

1 Like

#19 received

#10 @emotis - thank you! I would love to give my mom a carousel horse. She loves them and is why I got into them. She has a few mini figurines.

#14 @Hazygirl - thank you! At quick glance, I thought this was a blueberry with wings, haha! I love it! Bummer on the lack of postcards, I’d have thought they’d have some in the mountains.

#21 @harleyq2btrue - thank you! Haha, I have lived in places a while and never visited local or areas within a 2 hour drive. Interesting how that works out, isn’t it?

2 Likes

#14 hazygirl reporting

#19 @ellistrations sent a fun Alice in Wonderland tea party. Of course it has a perfect postmark - on the front.

#21 @harleyq2btrue a modern looking vintage card of Seattle. Aren’t postcard lots fun!

#28 . @Cera1985 sent great butterflies. Love the stickers of Snoopy & Co

#30 @RockyRoadTrip sent the demolished Campbell’s Field. Its reincarnation is interesting and must be pretty big.

Also, all of my cards were mailed on 9/1

3 Likes

18 reporting

All cards now sent!

#15 posting all cards sent

Rcvd #21 @harleyq2btrue Thank you for the beautiful skyline. I’m not sure what’s taking me so long but I need to go check Seattle out.

#19 @ellistrations You can never go wrong with a flamingo card. Thank you.

#17 @sarahgrab1 Okay why did my back start hurting as soon as I looked at this guy? :joy:

#30 @RockyRoadTrip So before I even read the back of the card I was staring at the “photoshop” that was attempted in the front. Love it

3 Likes

#9 reporting soooo many cards from yesterday!

from #4 @jenhart - a beautiful scene of Denali and Wonder Lake in Alaska. Those temperatures sound heavenly. It’s supposed to be 100 degrees here today. Oof.

from #13 @ladybug513 - a lovely poster for Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Our kids had the same schedule: a full week of school and then a day off. We spoiled them with a morning at the trampoline park and then a rare trip to the movies in the afternoon. We underestimated the intensity of Jurassic Park on the big screen though. Whoops.

from #14 @Hazygirl - a great poster for the St Louis Arch. I went up to the top of the arch when I was in college. It was a very nice view.

from #17 @sarahaeyo - a VERY pretty llama card. It’s been a while since I’ve seen one, but I used to see a fox running through my yard fairly often in the middle of the day. It always freaked me out to see them midday, but I think the chickens across the road were the attraction. It was certainly a sleek little fox! How fun to have a whole family of them to watch!

from #19 @ellistrations - a cute llama illustration from Lantern Press. Yeah, the hurricane season is certainly heating up. Lee is getting the side eye from me right now.

from #21 @harleyq2btrue - Rainbow Falls in Washington. I would not have thought this was a vintage card without you telling me. :slight_smile: Such a pretty waterfall.

from #28 @Cera1985 - a poster card for Napoli. It is gorgeous!

Thank you all for the fun mailbox day. Hopefully I can get most if not all of my cards ready to go out by the end of today.

5 Likes

#24 reporting

Cards 1-20 have been mailed.

#11 reporting that as of today, all postcards are in the mail

Hey @RobinP the llama card #17 is from me @sarahgrab1 not the other Sarah (sarahaeyo) Just wanted to point it out so it doesn’t cause confusion later when they mark who received what above. We see our foxes out at all random times too. They come out to drink and eat if they didn’t get enough while night hunting. We have farmland and chickens next to us so I think that’s why they hangout in our trees in our backyard.

#9 checking in.

My apologies. I was trying to get my update done before getting the kids ready for school and I obviously should not have rushed. :slight_smile:

My card from #17 was from @sarahgrab1 not from @sarahaeyo . Thank you both for catching my mistake!

2 Likes