[RR] North American Round Robin March 2024 - The Luck of the Postcard Edition - Closed!

#25 Reporting received from:

#3 @Cruzin Thank you Lori for the postcrossing in space card!

#6 @mikeyz1 Thank you Mike for the card from your university and the cool stamps!

#10 @nursegarry Love the notes from your garden/backyard and matching themed card. Thank you!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip Thank you for the mailbox card and cool stamps!

2 Likes

#22 uconn

#1 @cawindt thanks for this one, I’m not familiar with her. Was just checking out her art online, great stuff. Nice old stamps too.

#28 @TwoDoggies a fun Inkognito Easter card, thank you!

1 Like

#27 reporting more received cards:

From über-fast reader #3 @Cruzin, a cover of a piano piece of music. Lovely! Forty-eight books so far??? That’s amazing! I’m lucky if I finish one book/week. :grin:

And #28 @TwoDoggies sent a lovely illustration of Easter eggs. We had 3 days of sunny skies! Such a welcome change. :partying_face:

And a great find at the Goodwill from #29 @melvnoble! I don’t know where in the store I would find postcards there. :rofl:

Thank you! :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

#20 reporting in again!

Thank you to #3 @cruzin for the great bookstore postcard, I loved the image :slight_smile: Thanks also, for the author recommendation, it sounds outside of my normal reading, but sometimes I love something different. Thanks so much! Happy spring :slight_smile:

1 Like

#5 reporting:

#28 @TwoDoggies Another new card for my “Women in Science” collection. Thank you! I’ve not heard of most of these women before, sadly.

#29 @melvnoble – Great skyline view of Pittsburgh! Thanks! I would love to find some old Cleveland cards of this type. Lucky you!

Updated!

Also, April is open!

1 Like

#17 has received:

#10 @nursegarry Timber wolf card. They are such beautiful creatures. Hope you and your dogs survived the dog-sat visitor!

#18 @LaurenceB an enlarged postage stamp card, of a British stamp. Scene is painting of Stackpole Head, Wales. I will have to check out the book you are reading. I’ve been reading some YA novels lately. They are (usually) good reads, and relatively quick reads, too.

15 reporting

Sent: all
Waiting: 3, 25, 28, and 30

3 more cards today. I love getting happy mail!!

From # 10 @nursegarry

Hi Garry , yes this pig looks like he is smiling. He must smell his dinner coming. My puggle gets that same look at mealtime. Thank for the cute card and joke.

From #14 @Hazygirl

A Bravocado card. So cute!
I laugh at some of the “National Day of” days. Today is National Proposal Day and National Ravioli Day. I think I will make ravioli for dinner tonight.
And From # 21 @YellowButterfly76

A beautiful mommy swan and her babies! Precious! To answer your question…
We have a huge St Patrick’s Day parade in S Boston every year, since 1901. This year brought the largest crowd in years. Over 1 million people from all over the world. Too crowded for me.
So, we go to our local pub with friends and watch the Irish step dancers and listen to bag pipes. The dancers are teenagers down to about 4 years old. So adorable!
Thank you everyone!

1 Like

#23 reporting

#4 @nhigh Thank you for the USPS Kansas stamp card! The Flint Hills definitely seem cool. Gorgeous sunset/sunrises there too from what I saw online!

#12 @Yarn-Lady Thank you for the postcardfair Hawaii card! Love to visit that State soon!

#13 @ladybug513 Thank you for the LP Pennsylvania card! That’s neat how youve done basically everything listed on the card! Can’t say I’ve done half if there was a card of this for Ontario… i need to see my province more.

#14 @hazygirl Thank you for the snowy landscape card! Thought it was a body of water that froze over and was starting to crack at first!

#18 @LaurenceB Thank you for the LP Wild West card! Enjoy your trip in Palm Springs!

#25 @misslyss Thank you for the Writerie CA card! Big congrats on the marriage!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip Thank you for the ADG Miami card! And all the Greetings from stamps wow! This is my first time receiving them and theyre absolutely gorgeous! Definitely survived the Canadian winter. Can’t say there was much of a winter this year tbh (though it did snow quite a bit yesterday)

2 Likes

#22 uconn

@nursegarry thanks for this pinup card. I don’t watch the Oscars but will checkout the highlights

#14 hazygirl

#10 @nursegarry sent Dumbledore. I saw the play in NYC a few years ago. It was good but looong.

#23 @suatelier sent Year of the Tiger. So glad you sent it, I don’t want to wait 10 years to get one.

#11 received from:

#6 @mikeyz1 - a cool empathy postcard. I will definitely be checking this artist out after I post this. I always try to be the best human I can be as well! Thanks for sharing this one with me!

#10 @nursegarry - a cool chicken feet dish! This is the first shape card I have ever received! I wouldn’t be able to try chicken feet as the look alone turns me off! I give credit to you and others who are willing to try different things! I just can’t do it. I wish I was more adventurous with food. I’m a dare devil with anything other than food haha! Jealous you went to Hong Kong too! How neat!

#I8 @LaurenceB - a cute little spring bat! It took me a minute to realize what it was. I saw the wings and then knew. Haha! Glad the snow has melted for you! I don’t miss winter at all! I’m happy for Spring!

#23 @suatelier - a lovely cactus card. I love plants and cacti but I’m a plant killer. No matter what I do, I kill them. I really wish I could keep them longer than a few months haha!

I have received 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30.

To receive: 21

#20 reporting in!

#1 @cawindt Thank you so much for the women’s history postcard. I love it, it’s the first one I’ve received and I learned a lot from it. I love the stamps that you used, and your very cool username stamp. This is my first RR, and I’m amazed at how much work it must take to moderate it! Thanks for making this really fun :slight_smile:

#30 @RockyRoadTrip Thanks for the great crafting postcard! Definitely, yes, yarn and fabric and other crafting supplies have increased in cost along with everything else lately. It doesn’t really discourage me because I don’t make things because it’s cheaper than buying. I do it to bring some calm and peace into my life when I need it and to feel good about creating something. At work, I have to be really exact so it’s fun to have a hobby that allows some creativity. Thank you! :slight_smile:

#6 reporting

#10 @nursegarry sent me a cute raccoon card! The face on this one looks different from the Ohio ones as well. And sorry about the chicken!

#18 @LaurenceB sent a great card by Saul Steinberg, written while on the treadmill. I admire your willingness to get the exercise however you can. It’s hard with young ones!

#23 @suatelier sent me a great card of the huge Buddha statue on Lantau Island. Someday I hope to see it in person! Thanks for taking me there via card!

Thanks!

#24 reporting on many more wonderful cards:

#4 @nhigh sent an upcycled Lego London postcard package. I love those Lego postcard sets and have them all. This is a fun way to recycle and add something new to my Lego (paper) postcard collection. I hope you got some good money for all your old Lego - sometimes it becomes quite valuable.

#5 @carolreader sent a card of St. Edward’s Crown made for King Charles II. Lovely!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade sent a delightful card of Queen Elizabeth with a dog. (The back says it is a corgi, but it doesn’t look like a corgi to me.) She loved animals and this card just warms my heart.

#10 @nursegarry sent a fabulous shaped Queen Elizabeth II shaped card! I hope you make it back to London in June.

#13 @ladybug513 sent a card showcasing one of the lovely rooms in a Skyline Hotel (Montreal or Toronto - doesn’t specify). Everything is a shade of brown - e v e r y t h i n g!! :rofl:

#19 @ellistrations sent a great nightview of Bricktown in Oklahoma City - had to really squint to see those potted plants, lol!

#23 @sraelling sent a beautiful card of a weather brick building, door and window. Beautiful flowering plant up against it.

#25 @misslyss sent a great large letter Los Angeles reprint card. l love LA but haven’t been back there in many years.

#28 @twodoggies sent a wonderful King Charles III card. I too wish him a good recovery.

#29 @melvnoble sent a portrait of painter Mark Rothko smoking, circa 1964. Great card!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip sent a card showcasing the Richland Creek covered bridge in Greene County, Indiana

5 Likes

Looks like it got a haircut :joy:

1 Like

#6 reporting

#21 @YellowButterfly76 sent a great psychodelic Buddha card!!!

#19 received

#3 @Cruzin - thank you! Farmer’s markets are so fun. We have one locally, but it’s not open yet.

1 Like

#23 reporting

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA thank you for the grand central terminal artwork card! I’ve actually been there last December and was amazed by the entire building

#17 received
#3 @Cruzin photo card of Gillian Anderson, 2018, in London. Sounds like you had a busy day…doctor appt AND shopping. Wow.

#21 @YellowButterfly76 a stained glass window, magnolias in detail from “Magnolias and Irises”, 1905, Tiffany Studios. Tiffany windows and lamps are so amazing.

1 Like