[RR] North American Round Robin January 2024 - The "What Will THIS Year Bring?" Edition - Closed

26 received: 3, 13, 20, 28

3 @Cruzin - thank you for the beautiful poststone aquarius postcard! :muscle: i love your take on starting the new year on the “right foot”:leg:although i have super bad balance so i dont know how well i would be at this haha

13 @k8thegr8 - pusheen on a cargo bike - thank you so much! we love a multimodal queen :clap: i feel like oregon is the always the american model we aspire to be haha :bike: in boston, we are getting there but not quite where we need to be with protected bike lines. hopefully, one day!

20 @hootnoodle - thank you for the gorgeous unesco view card of tallinn :church: so many beautiful rooftops in the view! would love to visit one day :two_hearts:

28 @TwoDoggies - thank you so much for the washington dc max&oscar! i am so glad they included the cherry blossoms in this; one of favourite things about dc :cherry_blossom: i hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise!:passenger_ship:

thank you everyone for the wonderful messages, postcards, decorations and stamps! :love_letter:

1 Like

Nope, I’m pretty sure that wasn’t photoshopped. Note the clothes are just fastened to the fronts of the statues. The figures aren’t actually wearing them. This group of statues has often been dressed up by locals.

1 Like

#20 here:

#14 @Hazygirl - a great year of the dragon illustration. Yes, it is new to me.

#30 @RockyRoadTrip - the imposing art deco style Webster County Courthouse in Dixon, Kentucky.

Thank you both.

#3 received

#4 @jenhart Womens March!:heart: I’m hoping 2024 has a positive outcome…

#7 @alcott1 Saint Louis Zoo Painted Dog! I’ve never heard of these! If I saw one I would think it was a stray and I’d try to rescue it!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade cute card! My dog tolerates me…. Even though I am the one that feeds it. Loves my husband though!!

#14 @Hazygirl Very cool card! Love the skull “place stamp here” on the back!!

#15 @4kids2pay4 Love “local” artist cards! Great colors on this mermaid!

#17 @potatertot cute anime card! Love the colors! Wow - you picked a cool language to learn!

#19 @ellistrations Love Tausendschoen cards!!! Wishing you luck on your land hunt!

#24 @roxy PHQ of Iron Maiden! I just got back into listening to Green Day! Forgot how much I enjoyed them! Fitting time for them here in the US also!

#28 @TwoDoggies I totally forgot about putting in a challenge for January!! I’m going to do Feb. after I finish this so while I am remembering! Hope you and your brother enoy the cruise!

#29 @melvnoble Great postcard from the Postal Museum!! I wish they would sell some of these postcards on the USPS website!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip Wow! A Christian Lacroix Mexico card! I have a set of Lacroix postcards - but never seen anything like this one! Love the metallic and of course the skulls! Also very collage like!

Thank you all for the wonderful cards and words!

jo

4 Likes

Hmm, BeachyBlonde isn’t in this month. Was this from another month or this month’s #21?

February is open!!

1 Like

Strange. It was Jan 22 NA RR from her. Must have been in the backlog of cards that I was waiting to scan in. Sorry!

1 Like

#6 reporting

#26 @sarahaeyo sent me an adorable Frida Kahl-O card. Love it! And I do love Kale!!!

1 Like

#28 reporting cards received:

#3 @Cruzin thanks for the opposites card showing Mr. Muddle with shoes on his hands.

#4 @Jenhart thanks for the opposites card showing the O’Bamas. I love your description of her as GOAT!

#6 @mikeyz1 thanks for the Edward Gorey card with “The Boggerslosh”. Strange. I need to improve my sleep quality as well. As I’ve been retired, my sleeping habits have become worse. Up til 2-3 a.m. reading, sleeping in until 11. Not great for getting things done.

#12 @Yarn-Lady Sent a beautiful sunrise at Crater Lake NP. Also, an enormously cute Pusheen sticker.

#20 @hootnoodle sent a card showing Mt. Baker. I like how you created your own series to send to me.

#24 @roxy sent a sorry, not sorry card. I love these cards.

#26 @sarahaeyo thank you for the opposite turtles (top and bottom). a beautiful box turtle crawled into my backyard one day. I have no idea how he got there through the fence. I relocated him to a nearby creek. I hope it was the right thing to do and I didn’t inadvertently separate him from his family.

#29 @melvnoble thank you for the Love stamp card. I went to a meetup at the P.C. museum last World Postcard Day. I liked the venue. I didn’t like the meetup. It was too crowded.

3 Likes

#22 uconn

#23 @suatelier Thanks for sharing this tram card. Cool stamp and postmark.

All my January cards were sent a bit ago…and I’ll report on the received ones within next few days.
Garry

Not from this round robin, but I thought I’d share the card I received today as an official from #25 @jocrafts!

6 Likes

#20:

#17 @potatertot - a rainbow-hued hot air balloon in an unlabeled location. I think it may be part of the Prosser, Washington hot air balloon festival. I’ve seen very similar photos from that location. Thank you. I’ve never gone ballooning in the US, but have been lucky enough to go twice on other trips - over the Nile River near Luxor, Egypt in 2006, and over the Cappadocia region in Turkey in 2014. Awesome! The first time we had a bumpy landing in a farmer’s field. The second time we landed neatly on the flatbed truck that was take the balloon back to its home.

1 Like

#24 reporting

#3 @cruzin sent the Daisy Mae room from the fabulous Madonna Inn! I hope your new ink cartridge solves the problem!

#7 @alcott1 sent a lovely card showcasing the San Estevan Rey Mission and graveyard

#13 @k8thegr8 sent a fun Mincing Mockingbird card - “This jackassery will not stand!” I’m now using the word jackassery all the time lol!

#16 @hazygirl sent a card of the element Actinium - the dude does look very punk!

#18 @laurenceb sent a beautiful card of the Moorish Castle Young women court. Smart move getting the treadmill for all those zoom meetings!

#20 @hootnoodle sent a vintage reprint of Mission San Louis Obispo

#21 @YellowButterfly76 sent a new one for my smoking collection

#23 @suatelier sent a wonderful illustration of the Hong Kong city signs - all the way from Hong Kong! I hope you’ve had a great trip.

#28 @twodoggies sent a fabulous Marion Peck card for the swearing collection. Love it!

#29 @melvnoble sent a card of the Lincoln Memorial

#30 @RockyRoadTrip sent one for the swearing collecting “Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity.” Um, yeah.

Thanks everyone!

2 Likes

Hello All,

I have received cards from #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 24, 25, 26, 28, 29, and 30.
@cawindt Love the card from Jamestown…cool pic!
@CrimsonKing Love the portrait by Thomas Gainsborough…just saw another of his in Hong Kong,
@Cruzin The Golden Girls …ruthless!!!
@jenhart Pretty good student work I’d say!
@carolreader A photo of Buffalo Bill…so cool!
@mikeyz1 One of my favorite art pieces…The vegetable construction portrait from the Louvre…I’ve seen it! And there are others there too,…very difficult to recreate I think.
@alcott1 A reminder to support your local book store…and I do! Bakeries and bookstores…cannot pass them by!
@Shesa-Renegade Very cool pic by a musician turned artist…creativity abounds.
@WrenAtTheBeach Wow…a poem about a woman and a bear…magical.
@Yarn-Lady a cabin in Central oregan…I’m guessing there’s snow there now…looks like you all have been having a hard winter.
@k8thegr8 Thank you for the beautiful art card…so serene.
@Hazygirl Omg a cat butt painting…made me howl…so good.
@4kids2pay4 Sent a female nude art card. Thank you,
@jacieslar Wow…such a perfect pot by Mexican potters…It’s jaw dropping.
@potatertot Love the cranium…if only it was true right? Damn science…
@LaurenceB a beautiful portrait of a young lady…it’s inspirational what these artist do…
@ellistrations Love the stamp and bird combo…very nice.
@hootnoodle Yeah…Australia! I also toured the building…it’s almost glowing wouldn’t you say?
@YellowButterfly76 Love the Unterach painting. Very colorful
@uconn Very funny…Saturday Evening post cover …of tattoo changes…love this card! Thanks James
@roxy Yes…all my family are in Canada…so I get over there all the time…wedding this June for instance…love the B & W from Paris.
@jocrafts Thank you for the reminder to Love what you love…
@sarahaeyo Appreciate the Hawaii card…thanks
@TwoDoggies Sent a portrait of Karl Marx…I’ve read the Communist Manifesto and I always love it when people send book recommendations and I read it and question our friendship…lol…you too huh?
@melvnoble Love the old time mail box photo from DC…ahhh…the good old days.
@RockyRoadTrip YES! Walt Whitman portrait…and my favorite poem is the Wound Dresser…it’s about his time as a nurse…I relate!

Thank you all so much… what a trove!
Garry

13 Likes

#28 reporting a funny card from #13 @k8thegr8 with information about the world’s largest potato. These are good facts to have on hand!

1 Like

#14 hazygirl reporting

#23 @suatelier sent Hong Kong! Wow that must have been some trip. T shirt weather - oh how I can’t wait for it to return!
#29 @melvnoble sent Washington DC I haven’t been there since I was young, it’s so close to NY but I never think to go.

#21 @YellowButterfly76 reporting

#7 @alcott1 Thank you for the Eugene Field House & Toy Museum card. I also enjoy visiting historical sites :grinning:

#17 checking in :partying_face:

#23 @suatelier FOTW from Hong Kong!

thank you so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you #26 @sarahaeyo for the cool Philadelphia card!! Now I’m craving a Philly pretzel as well!

And the Ben Franklin cancellation is pretty darn cool!

1 Like