[RR] North American Round Robin February 2024 - The Super Bowl of Postcards Edition - Addresses Sent

18 reporting!

2 @CrimsonKing Thank you so much for the PHQ circus card! It is indeed quite my style! :smiley:

10 @AtlasPostal Thank you SO very much for the EPIC motel card!! I LOVE the long ones like this!!! Kind of a creepy story behind the city name! Thank you for such a gem!

11 @sarahgrab1 Thank you for a great ice cream truck!! I’m trying to eat less ice cream in 2024 :stuck_out_tongue:

14 @Hazygirl Thank you for the Valentine’s card! Lovely texture indeed.

15 @4kids2pay4 Thank you for a beautiful linen gem! I have never seen a restaurant in the back of an antique store, but I like the idea :stuck_out_tongue:

16 @jacieslar Thank you for the Valentine’s pizza store! I’m a little bit like you, I always put so much effort in my postcards, but when an occasion calls for a card, I’m terrible! I can’t process the interaction of my ordinary life and my hobby life it seems :sweat_smile:

17 @nhigh Thank you very much for the Pullen Park card with a giraffe carousel! How cool!

19 @ellistrations Thank you sooo much for the Hawaii map card from your vacation! I hope your trip was truly wonderful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Was it the first time Leo visited Hawaii?

26 @sarahaeyo Thank you SO much for the gorgeous flamingos in love!! sooo pretty! Weather is very cold these days here… but we are lucky - it’s the first time this year it’s been really cold!

6 Likes

#16 @jacieslar

#15 @4kids2pay4 Great photo of a float plane at sunrise in Homer, Alaska. Thank you! I have never been to Alaska, but the description of your experiences make me want to visit sometime.

#17 @nhigh Thank you for the multiview card from North Carolina. What a beautiful state! Retire when you can and enjoy your next adventure!

#18 @LaurenceB I really like this vintage card of the Florida coast. How serene - without a person in sight! I hope you had good weather for your trip to Florida.

#19 @ellistrations Thanks for the fun card showing a breaching Humpback whale. I’ve seen whales in Hawaii in March and April, but only from the shore. They are incredible creatures!

#21 @YellowButterfly76 Thank you for the card from the Forum Shops at Caesar’s Palace. I love window shopping at the high end shops and people watching!

#22 @uconn What a wonderful Shirley Temple card! Thank you. Even though she was a star waaay before my time, I remember watching a lot of her black and white films as a child. I hope the Shirley Temple doll is still in your family!

#25 @hootnoodle Lake Chelan looks like a beautiful lake, and probably unspoiled since it sounds as if it is somewhat difficult to access. Thank you for sharing it with me!

#26 @sarahaeyo Thank you for the great Lunar New Year card! I can totally understand the need to slow down after all of the holiday festivities.

#27 @beatriceh Thank you for the Happy Galentine’s Day card. My February has been pretty low key - no big plans or fancy dinners. My cat is less than a year old, and has a lot of "cat"titude!

#28 @TwoDoggies Thank you so much for the fun Inga Simonyte-Deniz card. Her work is really unique! I hope the cruise was everything your brother hoped for and that you all had a great time.

#29 @melvnoble We watched a lot of Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood when my daughter was young, so this card really brought back a lot of memories. Thanks for choosing it for me!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip I haven’t visited the Virgin Islands in a long time, but this postcard immediately brought back many great memories. Enjoy your cruise in April and have some conch salad for me!

4 Likes

10 received 4 and 26
4 @jenhart Thank you for the Adirondack State Park card (and snoopy sticker :slight_smile: ) ! It looks beautiful, and yes I too am impatiently waiting for better weather, but we wouldn’t appreciate the sunshine without a little rain sometimes I suppose.

#26 @sarahaeyo Thank you for the Philadelphia card! Sounds like I’ll have to make a trip over myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

#22 uconn

#8 @Shesa-Renegade thanks for this chuckle.
I remember using these in a music class at school as a kid. I’m sure it was teacher headache material!

#15 @4kids2pay4 thanks for this funny vintage one

#20 @Triol what a fun three part postcard! Thanks for this one

#23 @CStar9 thanks for a card from this artist. I actually had purchased some from them! I sent this same card to Germany on Jan 30th. So cool to a copy of my own now

#27 @beatriceh thanks for this great spooky card. I watched the UConn women’s basketball game on president’s day. A perk of a noon game and having the holiday off.

4 Likes

#25 reporting:

#7 @RobinP - a lovely poster for Petrified Forest National Park. Thank you. I’d love to visit it. We have a less impressive Petrified Forest State Park in Washington which is still worth a stop if in the area.

#29 @melvnoble - a painting of Pittsburg’s Strip District neighborhood. It sounds like a fun area. Thank you.

March is open!

1 Like

I want in :grinning::star_struck:

@Triol that 3-part crocodile postcard is amazing!!!

If you’re trying to join March, you’ll need to post in that thread, not here.

Reporting Received #21 @YellowButterfly76

#4 @jenhart Thank you for the cool UFO bingo card. I am also interested in planning a trip like you are in a few years! Sounds like a lot of fun.

#27 @beatriceh Thank you for the Tom of Finland card. I just discovered this art and something about it makes me happy.

#29 @melvnoble Thank you for the vintage child card. For Valentines Day my husband and I spent a long weekend in the Seattle area and attended a meetup😀

1 Like

26 received: 18
18 @LaurenceB - i hope you had a wonderful time in florida, with your family! i am glad you had a chance to escape the cold for a bit haha. thank you so much for the fantastic miami max & oscar with adorable decorations too! :beach_umbrella::sparkles:

#14 hazygirl reporting

#27 @beatriceh sent The USA WPD postal hug. So glad to have this.

1 Like

#17 received from

#30 @RockyRoadTrip a map of French departement 86 La Vienne

It is a new one for me.
Thanks!

Thank you for the older stamps too.

#15 Reporting received cards from #29 and #30

#29 @melvnoble sent a yellow glazed censer from the Wanli period.

#30 @RockyRoadTrip sent a young lady sunning on the beach.

Thank you both for the great cards.

1 Like

#2 reporting

#29 @melvnoble Thanks Mel for this red flamingo card! :flamingo: We celebrated Valentine’s Day on the 13th, went to an awesome steakhouse and it was kind of packed that night too, glad I made reservations, haha.

#23 reporting a great and sparkly card from @RobinP (#7) that reminds me of home (I grew up in TN). It’s rare to see a snowy scene from there even though I remember plenty of snowy days as a kid in the ‘80s. How special that you have two pecan trees!!! They are one thing I miss most from the south. Sounds like you are surrounded by idyllic wildlife!!

1 Like

#10 received from #23 @CStar9

Thank you so much for the Mothman card! I’m actually planning a trip down to New River Gorge National Park this summer! And I love the Mothman statue in Point Pleasant! I actually haven’t received an African Painted Dog Card yet but I’m relatively new to Postcrossing! :heart:

1 Like

#11 received:

#3 @Cruzin - love this card! I love how she could be playing fate or could be a puppet master.

#18 @LaurenceB - cute creatures card. I’ve never heard of this artist so I will be looking her up. How was Florida? Did your kids enjoy the plane ride?

#23 @CStar9 - A bruja card. she is kinda creepy looking! That’s so neat you were able to interview the Anderson Design group here! I love getting things from them.

#27 @beatriceh - A birthday card. Thank you for the birthday wishes! Sweets are my favorite too so I love my birthday and holidays!

#29 @melvnoble - A top of the morning card. I’m not a morning person either! Work is so annoying when it messes with my sleep haha!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip - A valentines card. Thank you for the birthday wishes! How was your bean dip and chili for Super Bowl Sunday? I think we all need your recipes now haha!

3 Likes

For #6

#4 @jenhart sent me an adorable art history card!!!

#24 @roxy sent me some parliament guards hard at work!

1 Like

#24 reporting

#6 @mikeyz1 upped his hotel game this month with the fancier Grand Hotel “Bristol” in Italy. I love it as much as your tacky ones, lol!

#7 @robinp sent a great postcard of a poster “This is an adult world” for free federal adult schools circa 1938

Thank you both!