[RR] North American Round Robin April 2024 - The Spring Fling Edition - Closed

#16 reporting

#4 @jenhart Great sunset picture from a Bahamian beach. Thanks! I hope you had a wonderful time on your cruise.

#13 @ladybug513 Thank you for the postcard from the Brookview Manor Inn. It looks like it would be a great place to have a special dinner.

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA Thank you for this fun postcard. It looks like a Puli to me - with a partial poodle cut!

#19 @ellistrations I always enjoy getting stamp reproduction postcards. It’s fun to discover the history behind them. Thanks for the one you chose for me, as well as the great stamps and washi!

#22 @uconn The clothes hanging on the clothesline represent a lot of work! I have eaten at several restaurants in the Amish country of Pennsylvania, and the food was delicious. Thanks for the great postcard!

#24 @roxy Thank you for this postcard showing an old fashioned sewing machine (great stamps and washi too). It brought back wonderful childhood memories of my mom and grandma making clothes using a Singer treadle machine. I wish I had it now!

#25 @virgomar0918 Thank you for this fun April Fools Day card. I didn’t know the history of April Fools - thanks for sharing!

#26 @sarahaeyo Thank you so much for the beautiful Hyacinth postcard. I love the way they smell - a sure sign of Spring. Hope your parents’ plants made it!

#28 @TwoDoggies Thank you for the lovely postcard showing the artwork of Gabriele Munter. Great stickers too! All of the fruit trees are in bloom here, but so far the wind has spared them.

#30 @RockyRoadTrip A great card from Stingray City in the Cayman Islands, as well as a yummy looking recipe for rice and beans. Thanks! I have been to the Caymans , but didn’t do the trip out to Stingray City. I did, however get stung by a sand ray in Mexico, and it hurt like crazy!

4 Likes

#25 card received from #27 sounds like you got an awesome view of the eclipse @RobinP :grin:

#21 BeachyBlonde

I have two more cards to report:

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA Thank you for the courthouse postcard! I think a lot of “old” courthouses are now banks! At least I know of two. Maybe that’s not “a lot”! ha!
#27 @RobinP Thank you for the lovely postcard! It sounds like you all had a wonderful and memorable trip!! Yay!!

#8 Shesa-Renegade with a fabulous received card from #20 @potatertot! I don’t think that I could love this card any more than I do. Thank you so much for sharing this treasure with me!

Received 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29, 30
So excited for 18, 21, 22, 23, 26

1 Like

Five more wonderful cards arrived this past week. Thank you to:

#4 @jenhart for the sunny card from vacation in the Bahamas. I have 24 school days remaining, as I leave early for the AP US history reading. Plus, two of those days I’ll be gone for a workshop! I can’t wait for the year to be over and my summer travels to begin!

#6 @mikeyz1 for the card of Simon Kenton. I had to read a bit on him. He was present at the Battle of the Thames where Tecumseh was killed. He was asked to identify Tecumseh, but he identified another body as the soldiers were about to mutilate the body, and he wanted to protect Tecumseh’s body. I’ll take that as a win. Speaking of statues, we met up with friends in Monroe yesterday and had drinks at a place directly across from the giant Custer statue…that needs to be removed!

#20 @potatertot for the nice cactus card. Oh, if I waited until now to plan my summer travels, I would be panicking! We plan our travel well in advance. This summer I’m travelling to Kansas City for the AP US History test reading, then I’m spending 10 days in Italy on a student trip. Finally, my husband and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary by spending two weeks in Germany and then we’re spending a week coming back, crossing the Atlantic on the Queen Mary 2. We already have our summer and fall travel plans for 2025 booked! But I’ll save the details for another time.

#26 @sarahaeyo for the awesome Chairman Mao card! Yeah, I’m ready for spring as well. We were teased with warm weather about a month ago, and now it’s cooled back down. One of my life goals is to be in Japan for the cherry blossoms!

#29 @melvnoble for the view of the old Poland, Ohio library. We also built a new central library here in Bay City in the early 2000s, replacing two older branch libraries, one of which was a historic Carnegie library. That one is now a bank (which I never see anyone in) and the other branch, which was originally a grocery store, is now just storage for the library system.

Thanks everyone! Only a couple cards left to receive for this month.

1 Like

First post is updated and May is now open! (Be sure to sign up there, not here.)

#28 reporting cards received:

#3 @cruzin GF the sun. I also think these cards are clever.

#15 @4kids2pay4 Beautiful, beautiful diamonds from the Smithsonian’s national gem collection. My challenges are inspired by just about anything; something I’ve read or someone else’s challenge. I like putting them out there and also enjoy trying to fulfill others. How many ad pens in your collection?

#18 @LaurenceB Hey from Miami. I hope you’ve enjoyed your vacay without kids. Pretty card.

#20 @potatertot white/off-white decor. Did you enjoy Sakura Matsuri?

#22 @uconn GF from Culpeper VA Yes, I’ve been to Culpeper. It’s not far from where I live. More of a rural area but I’m sure the suburbs are encroaching as people move farther and farther out seeking more affordable housing.

#26 @sarahaeyo opposites. In-laws and Outlaws. So cute. Were you successful in finding a new pair of glasses? It’s funny how we procrastinate getting them; probably because they are so expensive.

#27 @RobinP South of the Border. The day I got your card, I also got a card from someone in another RR which was GF Charleston. She said they visited related their frequently and she always looked forward to seeing the signs from South of The Border. My next card in the mail, same day, was yours! Loving the coincidence. Your most disgusting thing ever eaten story was awesome. I laughed so hard and shared it with my husband. My parents had a similar story, but with an eyeball.

#29 @melvnoble GF Pittsburgh. I love all these cards!

4 Likes

@TwoDoggies at last count it was just over 600 by 3.

I am, in fact, left-handed. Is it the direction my writing slants? Because I don’t think I’m particularly smeary with my writing any more. Just curious what gave me away, lol.

#27 finally reporting on tons of great cards that have arrived this month…

from #1 @cawindt - a Solar Eclipse card from Cleveland. I was hoping for eclipse cards this month, so this made me super happy. No message on the back. An oversight, or is the lack of message a message itself?

from #2 @CrimsonKing - not one, but 2 cards! A lovely view of the interior of Notre Dame, Montreal. And a majestic bald eagle image from Alton, Illinois. I collect Alton postcards because my husband is named Alton, and I get a kick out of seeing all the cities that share his name. :slight_smile:

from #3 @Cruzin - a nun card! I like almost any nun cards, lol. This one is new to me and great! Someday, someone somewhere will find a pink-habited nun on a postcard and send it to me (maybe).

from #4 @jenhart - a lovely poster-style card for the Pacific Northwest. We just had a 20-plus degree turnaround this weekend. I’m ready for slightly warmer weather too.

from #9 @WrenAtTheBeach - a beautiful poster card for Redwood National Park. I love all the spring flowers and fresh green views.

from #10 @nhigh - another great eclipse card showing the totality path through Ohio. We decided this was a unique enough experience that we should pull the kids out of school for a couple of days. And I think it was totally worth it given how much fun everyone had over our road trip. My kindergartner even went back to school and gave a spontaneous presentation on what she learned!

from #13 @ladybug513 - Expedition Bigfoot from “The World’s Largest Bigfoot Museum.” I did not know Bigfoot was a Georgia thing. Now I want to check this place out myself!

from #20 @potatertot - a beautiful ocean view of Port Campbell National Park in Australia. So many amazing places in the world to see!

from #24 @roxy - a tranquil lake scene in Algonquin Park. I don’t love camping as much as I used to. These days, it’s mostly a tent in the backyard for the kids with my husband while I hide inside once the marshmellow roasting is over.

from #26 @sarahaeyo - a pretty vintage image of Trinity Church in Copley Square in Boston.

from #29 @melvnoble - a beautiful room in the style of a Romanian Orthodox church. It is quite pretty!

Thank you all for the great cards. I loved looking at every one of them.

5 Likes

Oh no! It must have gotten stuck to the others as I was writing them out. I’m so sorry for that!

I noticed the slant. :smile:

#12 received from #28 @TwoDoggies
Thank you for the Breaking Bad card! It’s one of my favorite shows ever, and the first show I ever binge-watched. The quote sticker is from one of my favorite Jane Austen books, so thanks for that, as well.

#29 - A few postcards to report!

#5 @carolreader - Thank you, Carol, for this postcard of the Total Solar Eclipse! I watched the NASA broadcast, and Cleveland’s was excellent! I should’ve gone to see it in person, but it was still lovely to see it digitally!

#7 @blubay2021 - Thank you, Nichole, for this postcard of cute cats and a basket! The texture of the postcard is pretty neat. I hope your spring break and time with your son were great!

#18 @LaurenceB - Thank you, Laurence, for this postcard of Joshua trees! When I hear Joshua Tree, I think of U2 more than the actual tree, so it was nice to learn a little more about them!

#20 @potatertot - Thank you, Daisy, for this postcard of the African Elephant from the Natural History Museum in DC. My boyfriend and I love visiting the Smithsonian Museums, especially the American History one with all the pop culture stuff!

#24 @roxy - Thank you, Brenda, for this postcard from the Button Box of Harvey Milk! His story is interesting and sad. I’m glad he is remembered and inspired many!

#28 @TwoDoggies - Thank you, Terri, for this postcard of the Total Solar Eclipse! It’s such a long one! I love the moon sticker as well! I wish I had gone to Cleveland, but I saw it on the NASA stream, so it was still neat!

1 Like

#2 reporting

#15 @4kids2pay4 Thank you John for this cute card! :blush: A donkey basketball game?? I’d pay to watch that! :smiley: I’ve never seen a wild mustang either, lucky you. :horse:

1 Like

#8 Shesa-Renegade received a wonderful mermaid card from #23 @suatelier in the mail today! I think I must be part mermaid as much as I love to be in the ocean.

Received 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29, 30
So excited for 18, 21, 22, 26

#14. Hazygirl reporting

#4 @jenhart Sent the Cairo hotel in Washington DC. This is a great card- how lucky that your sister-in-law found that batch of cards.

#23 @suatelier Sent sent a post crossing year of the rabbit card very cool. Glad you didn’t send all of them out.

#22 uconn

#23 @suatelier Thanks for this food card. Great stamps, especially the eclipse.

#21 BeachyBlonde

I received another card! This time from #27 @RobinP
Thank you for the pretty Seneca Rocks postcard!

#6 reporting

#18 @LaurenceB sent a great Statue of Liberty card from Palm Springs, which sounds like a great vacation.

#20 @potatertot sent tomatoes!!!

#23 @suatelier sent avocados!

#26 @sarahaeyo sent a lovely Klimt painting!

Thank you all!

2 Likes