[RR] North American October 2021 Round Robin - The Spooktacular Card Edition - Closed!

My cards are all going to the post office in a few minutes to begin their travels.

2 Likes

All cards mailed this morning :grin::mailbox:

Happy World Postcard Day!!

2 Likes

Mailed all even #s postcards just now, in time for the special postmark. Soā€¦sent #s: 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28 and 30.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just returned from the post office. ALL my cards went out, but there were some doubts from a post office employee if the home made cards would arrive. Those of you that get them, please let me know if thereā€™s any damage. Thank you

Happy World Postcard Day to my fellow postcard enthusiasts

4 Likes

Heads up, my cards will not be mailed until at the earliest, Monday, October 11th. Tomorrow starts off the 9 day Balloon Fiesta which I didnā€™t think I would be crewing this year, but turns out I am. Also, Iā€™m attending a meet up on the 9th! :wink:

6 Likes

@mere5oh: THAT is so awesome!! My ā€œInner Pollyannaā€ is so glad Iā€™ll be anticipating a happy mailbox throughout this whole wonderful month!!!

2 Likes

All cards sent this morning!

1 Like

#8 Shesa-Renegade Checking in! Half of my postcards went out on Saturday and the other half are written and waiting to be put in the mailbox tomorrow!

2 Likes

#14 here cards #1-20 hits the mail tomw. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

First update completed :slight_smile:

3 Likes

All my cards were mailed on Friday.

2 Likes

#11 report that all Spooky cards have been Sent on their Scary way! Happy Haunting!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve received four cards today, all mailed on World Postcard Day, October 1. Many thanks to:

#2 @Sunshein for the beautiful LP card of Canyon de Chelly National Monument. Iā€™m jealous that you got to explore it on horseback!

#5 @carolreader for another awesome LP card showing the Great Hall at Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens in Akron. Iā€™d imagine it would be great at Christmas! Cool quilt stamp.

#15 @NittanyLionRI for the wonderful card showing the Chinese Tea House at Marble House in Newport, Rhode Island. Fall is my favourite season as well, for the reasons you mentioned :smiley: :jack_o_lantern:

#18 @scoutingbear for the cool Lincoln family painting. At its heart, you can see the famous picture of Lincoln and his son, Tad, with Robert and Mary added by the artists. And thanks for the early birthday wishes :wink:

4 Likes

#15 NittanyLionRI reporting: I received 3 wonderful cards today

#5 @carolreader sent a lovely cityscape of Cleveland. That looks like such a neat bridge to walk/run over

#7 @treeclimber sent a cute fox card with some interesting trivia. Your greenway trail sounds like just the type of trail I like to walk on

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA sent a vintage scenic Rhododendron postcard with some flower facts. I have always wanted to visit Roan Mt in TN during the Rhododendron BLOOM.

Thank you all!

2 Likes

#16 CrimsonKing received:

#7 @treeclimber: Thank you for the cute Pixar bee card. :smiley: I dare not purchase Halloween candy this early! There is an ape on my back named ā€œSugarā€ and he always wants some! LOL!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA: Thank you for the American Impressionism postcard! I cannot say that I know of James Stewart or Edward Abbey, but I will look them up. :slight_smile: I would love to wander around a Christmas tree farm, sounds pretty. :slight_smile:

#19 @ellistrations: Thank you for the cute Disney card from Florida! :smiley: I know what you mean about flashbacks when you listen to songs from way back when you were younger. Hehe. Fun times. :slight_smile: Thanks for using Halloween washi tape and stamp! :smiley:

#26 @alcott1: Thank you for sending me something not from Illinois. :grin: I bet the River Walk in San Antonio, TX is beautiful! Though I would think it would be more humid than where we live? :thinking: Iā€™m glad you had fun when you were with your daughter. :smiley:

3 Likes

Update from #2 Sunshein:

Received from:

#5 - Dear Carol, thanks for the art postcard by Scott Miller. Iā€™ve used Google to visit museums during the pandemic, but itā€™s not the same as actually seeing the items in person. Thanks for the pretty stamp, it didnā€™t even get cancelled, but itā€™s staying on the postcard regardless.

#17 - Dear Rick, as Iā€™m not a movie/TV watcher, I had to ask my husband who Jimmy Stewart was. Thanks for teaching me something new and the cute stickers.

#18 - Dear Karen, I firmly believe that if you enjoy something, you donā€™t need patience. You only need patience for people or activities you donā€™t enjoy. Do you know if the rug got woven? The postcard showed a rug design for the David Wright house. I liked how you used the sticker on the monster stamp :slight_smile:

To Receive: 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

2 Likes

#22 uconn

1 - 7 written and going out Tuesday

2 Likes

While I was buying all the postcards in the museums I visited today, my mailbox was becoming very happy!

#22 Scoutingbear reporting:
#2 @Sunshein Iā€™ve visited several parts of Arizona! I love the Flagstaff and Williams area. I remember visiting Tucson when I was very little and as an adult we drove through Saguarao National Park.

#5 @carolreader sends a beautiful trail with fall colors

#16 @CrimsonKing sends squirrels collecting nuts. We just got some pumpkins and gourds this past weekend for the porch

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA sends polar bears and a few polar bear facts. Thanks!

#23 @normajean sends an adorable bear cub. And a super cute drawing of a campsite on the back side!

3 Likes

#13 ladybug513 - All of my cards are in the mail!

2 Likes

#23 put all Odd numbers in the mail today, so all my cards have been sent!

1 Like