[RR] North American November Round Robin - The Tofurkey Edition - Closed!

#29 - Phew this should catch me up from everything I received while on vacation and the week I was back but wasn’t ready to be out of vacation mode yet! :laughing:

#2 @CrimsonKing - Thank you Lesly for this ADORABLE Pikachu!! I love how fuzzy he looks! I’m ready to climb into my warm cave of a blanket mountain and stay cozy for winter!

#3 @Cruzin - Thank you Lori for this postcard of JFK and his possibly most famous quote! That “advent” gift exchange sounds fun! I have been getting some sort of “advent” for the holidays the past few years (last year was 12 days of chapsticks), so I’ll have to see what I do this year!

#4 @nursegarry - Thank you Garry for this postcard of a theatrical poster for the Brokeback Mountain play! I did not know it was made into a play! I haven’t seen many live plays or musicals though. It’s one of those things that just aren’t on my radar. My girlfriends and I recently saw SIX though and that was amazing!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade - Thank you René for this postcard of Pittsburgh! Were you at the David L Lawrence Convention Center? I park there sometimes when I’m too lazy for a walk to work. :rofl: There really aren’t a ton of places for postcards except the museums which is unfortunate. Glad you found one for me! :smiley:

#14 @Hazygirl - Thank you JoAnn for this postcard of vintage Thanksgiving greetings! Snoopy’s Thanksgiving menu sounds like a fun time! I would miss the turkey though! :turkey:

#15 @Buttercup3000 - Thank you Susan for this postcard of a family stargazing! I have a small portable telescope that I use to look at the moon. It’s too bright for most stargazing and recently it’s been so cloudy so I haven’t gone out with it in a few months. Hopefully soon! Happy to meet someone with so many mutual interests!

#24 @roxy - Thank you Brenda for this postcard of Canadian Food! I think I’ve heard of all except the Beaver Tails. After googling it seems like it’s what I call elephant ears! Neat!

#28 @TwoDoggies - Thank you Terri for this postcard of Princess Diana! This is a beautiful artistic depiction of her! I did a quick Google and didn’t find anything specific about this one. I suppose it could be AI or just an edit, but it is neat-looking!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip - Thank you Rocky for this postcard with vintage Thanksgiving Greetings! We’re not cooking at all this Thanksgiving! Going to my boyfriend’s parents’ house so they’ll be taking care of it all. Hopefully your spedcial stuffing turns out amazing!

3 Likes

Yes, I was! There is a tiny shop to the right as soon as you walk inside the convention center. They have a pretty nice rack of postcards and then they have a few by a local artist sitting on a small shelf on the back wall. I talked at length with the woman who owns the shop and told her about Postcrossing. She said she would try to order a wider variety of postcards knowing how difficult they were to find now.

1 Like

#15 Reporting

#7 @alcott1 thank you for this beautiful covered bridge! Beautiful, especially with the pretty fall leaves in front. Happy Thanksgiving to you too! :grin:

#9 @wrenatthebeach thank you for the lovely Loupaper card! I think this is actually my most favorite Lou of all and I’m so happy to have it! Happy Thanksgiving to you too! :grin:

#24 @roxy thank you for the covered bridge postcard! I love the colorful font, it’s a beautiful addition to my covered bridge collection! So awesome that we have that in common! :grin:

#28 @TwoDoggies thank you so much for this beautiful autumn harvest scene! I love the art style and use of color! I also love the cute chipmunk sticker on the back! :grin:

1 Like

#12 reporting

From #13 @TheVintageDarling a great licence plate postcard from “Los Angeles California” with fun stickers about travelling and unique postage stamps. Thank you!

A very special United Nations (UN) flag postcard was received from #17 @alisonp2022. My father and brother were both in the Canadian military and served in UN peacekeeping missions. I collect this theme and remember my father and show my brother the items I find or see. I like the different postage stamps. Thank you.

2 Likes

26 received: 28
28 @TwoDoggies - what a gorgeous illustrated autumnal-themed table setting (and pastoral view!) thank you so much! it seems like there has been a slight delay in the colour change for our leaves this year, but glad we get some more time to enjoy them before the snow comes! :maple_leaf::fallen_leaf:

Updated!

And December is open: [RR] North American December Round Robin 2023 - The Multitudes of Holidays Edition

3 Likes

#14 hazygirl reporting

#1 @CorgiMama sent a great Alice illustration
#18 @LaurenceB sent a classic Disney World Alice card
#20 @Triol sent a cute Thanksgiving card.

#23 reporting:

#8 @Shesa-Renegade Thank you for the Pittsburgh card! It’s always great to be able to find time to explore a city even if you’re there for work

#15 @Buttercup3000 Thank you for the Hudson River Valley card! After hiking in Montreal this past weekend, I think places like the Hudson River (and Montreal) would be perfect for me! I love being close to the city and the abundance of nature

#21 @calisunshine Thank you for violin card! Oh! Norman Petty Recording Studio is a museum! That’s neat

#24 @roxy Thank you for the LP New Hampshire card! oatmeal cookies! It’s been a while since I had those

3 Likes

#21 Reporting

Received: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

To Receive: 1, 14, 20, 23, 24

#16 @hootnoodle Sent an awesome Titanic card. I would love to visit that museum someday!

#18 @LaurenceB Thank you for the vintage rock card. Where are some of your favorite places to find them?

#6 @mikeyz1 Thank you for the vintage lake card. Thats nice that you are close enough to visit the lake when you want!

I commented on the thread, my number was not included in the returning list yet

Received this Cardinal card with a Cardinal stamp from # 18 @LaurenceB . Thanks Laurence for the warm welcome to the group and lovely card. Rhonda

#22 uconn

#29 @melvnoble nice view of Charleston, thanks!

#6 reporting

#9 @WrenAtTheBeach sent me a cute wren on a pumpkin card.

#10 @emotis sent my an old card of Cincinnati police chiefs. Cool card. Birds haven’t gotten a change of address notice. We’re seeing fewer species at the new house (no cardinals yet!!!) but hopefully it’ll pick up once word gets out about our well-stocked feeders!

Thank you!!!

2 Likes

#23 reporting

#3 @Cruzin Thank you for the Little Miss Magic card, so cute! Wishing your husband a speedy recovery on his ankle!

#4 @nursegarry Thank you for the Colin Self card and for telling me about the Mexican ice creams and popsicles! What a fun card

#14 @Hazygirl Thank you for the Large letter NYC card, a card from my favs! Sure, I’ll take the Long Island next time, thanks for offering!

#17 @alisonp2022 Thank you for the postcardfair Illinois card! Aww I kinda miss Sears. Definitely one of my go to places with family back in the day.

2 Likes

#25 Reporting

#12 @HarleyGirl73 sent a lovely photo from Sherwood Park, sounds like a great place to visit. Love the stamps and washi tape.

#18 @LaurenceB sent a beautiful Barn Owl, animals just make me smile no matter the day. I love your quote, thank you so much!

#29 @melvnoble sent a view of Charleston, I hear lots of great things about this area. Hope you enjoyed your festival.

#30 @RockyRoadTrip best card ever! Raccoons are my FAV and this one is just beautiful! Thank you for the smile today!

1 Like

#22 uconn

#23 @suatelier nice stamps on this comic mosquito card, thanks

#14 hazygirl

#23 @suatelier sent Alice in Wonderland. Those stamps are amazing

Hi all! I (#17) have 2 cards to report! First: a wonderful butter dish Lego card from @LaurenceB !! #18 Thank you! The pie slice shaped stamp is so neat I love it! Cant wait to visit Canada (Toronto!) in 2024 :blush:

#20 @Triol ! Thank you for this Thanksgiving card! Oh boy. My favorite Thanksgiving food has to be corn “soufflé” we call it, but it’s more of a pudding? Like corn bread but more cake like! Grandma's Corn Pudding Recipe Like this!

#15 Reporting

#6 @mikeyz1 sent me an interesting card featuring an industrial mural. I love the curvy lines and the colors… The art style is appealing to me, thank you!
:blush: (it’s a really beautiful card, I can only imagine it’s even more stunning in person!)

#26 @sarahaeyo saw that I like citrus fruit and sent along this fun fact card! I like it very much and may need to start collecting fun fact cards now lol thank you! :blush: (it is so hard for me to pick a favorite citrus fruit, I love them all but I’m going to have to go with grapefruit for the win! :grin:)

1 Like

#29 - Two postcards to report today!

#6 @mikeyz1 - Thank you Mike for this ADORABLE “Greedy Cat” just trying to get some milk! We have some neighborhood cats and they’ll lay on our patio furniture, but they’re a little too skittish to accept any treats or affection from us. Maybe someday we’ll befriend them! :smile_cat:

#23 @suatelier - Thank you Charlotte for this postcard of a Sugar Shack in Quebec, Canada! I also love fall! Lately, it feels like it goes right from summer to winter any more, but it’s still beautiful with the leaves changing! :fallen_leaf:

1 Like