[RR] North American May 2023 Round Robin - The Days Are Getting Longer Edition - Closed

All of my cards are in the mail. Enjoy!

My postcards are on their way!

Sent out cards 1-19 today!

1 Like

Cards 8-18 are now in the mail from #7.

#9 - last two cards are on their way!

#6 reporting

All cards are in the mail as of today.

#9 @RobinP sent a great card from Cherokee territory in NC. We visited there as a little kid on a camping trip and your card brings back great memories.

#25 @jocrafts sent a fun card from subpar parks series. I LOVE IT. They always make me crack up. Thank you!!!

#9 reporting one lovely card arriving in my mailbox today:

from #22 @uconn - a WPA style card for White Sands National Monument. Gorgeous!

Thank you for starting the month off with a great card!

1 Like

#15 lyndylou5

I received my first May 2023 postcards today. Woohoo!

#2 @CrimsonKing Iā€™ve never been to a postcard show, that sounds like fun! Finding old postcards about historical events would be wonderful.

#19 @ellistrations Thank you for the Man on the Moon postcard stamp, thatā€™s a nice one! I went to a philatelic stamp show last month and stocked up. Itā€™s hard to restrain myself when there are so many cool stamps.

2 Likes

#11 hazygirl
received

#19 @ellistrations sent Christmas with lanterns. That washi tape is great! I havenā€™t seen anything like that before.

#22 @uconn sent the ultra-luxurious Grantmoor Restaurant and Motor Lodge. I am totally putting it on my ā€œMust stayā€ list. Um or not.

2 Likes

I (#7) mailed cards 19-24 today.

#16 @jacieslar. All of my cards have been mailed.

#22 uconn

#19 @ellistrations a fun card, thank you

2 Likes

#29 - My first two postcards have arrived for May!

#19 @ellistrations - Thank you Barbara for this postcard of a whimsical owl! I also appreciated the pug stickers! What other games are you playing on your Switch? PokĆ©mon Snap was a lot of fun. I donā€™t think I finished it, so I should get it back out! My boyfriend got the special edition Zelda Switch and is excited about the game!

#22 @uconn - Thank you James for a new president for my collection: George Herbert Walker Bush! I didnā€™t realize he went by just the W! His son is so known for that now, so thatā€™s interesting! I appreciate the Pennsylvania Toleware postcard!

2 Likes

All my postcards have been sent :mailbox_with_mail:

#15 lyndylou5

#7 @hootnoodle I bet the Alice in Wonderland ballet was fabulous, how did I miss that?! Iā€™ll be coming home in June and Iā€™m looking forward to catching some live theatre. Thanks for the clown stamp. :blush:

#22 uconn

#9 @RobinP Iā€™ve stopped in Winslow AZ in 2000, so before this shield. There wasnā€™t much there from what I remember. Thanks!

1 Like

#18 KimberKS

#2 @CrimsonKing - Lesly, thank you for the warm welcome to postcrossing & the RR! I love the creative, simplicity of my favorite yellow postcard.

#22 @uconn - James, thank you for the fantastic tourist postcard of Connecticut. The ferry would be much more fun than the bridge. Oh! And the awesome stamps! Those were unexpected!

2 Likes

#18 ā€“ @KimberKS ā€“ Ominous tornado cloud in Kansas. What a frightening but memorable experience!

1 Like

I also have Animal Crossing but havenā€™t started that yet! Time flies with that one and I just do not have it to spare, haha!

1 Like

#4 reporting

#2 @CrimsonKing : love this old German lighthouse. I have actually received modern cards of this same lighthouse (from a gentlemen in Denmark I am often in an RR with). I never find great stuff like this at shows. I have bad mojo I think!

#7 @hootnoodle : wonderful card from a trip to Guatemala. I grew up knowing many people from Guatemala and loooving the food, but Iā€™ve never been able to visit. How awesome! Thanks so much for this card - itā€™s my first card featuring the country.

#15 @lyndylou5 : TV watching Blue Cat. Thatā€™s my kind of cat :laughing: I have lived in SC for 18 years and have never actually been to Sumter - but I spend a lot of time in the Lowcountry and it is wonderful :heart:

#18 @KimberKS : Kansas City performing Arta Center. My girls went to the same university as well, and for two years lived in the same apartment building :heart: The oldest graduated last year and moved to a new city, but se is now closer to me - so we are going to be able to go see Annie together at the end of the month!

#16 @jacieslar : lovely fairy tale castle illustration. I do one section of baseboard every Saturday - I couldnā€™t handle the whole place at once. And we wonā€™t talk about the blinds :laughing: I hope the book was a good reward.

#19 @ellistrations : great Coca Cola polar bear ad. Fall! Noooooo. I canā€™t wait for hot, (slightly) humid days with cicadas buzzing while I read and doze on the deck in the summer sun :sunny:

#22 @uconn : really great illustrated map of Manhattan. I have bad luck at shows and flea markets - everything is so often yellowed. Mind you - not many opportunities aro9und here anyway. Bah!

4 Likes