[RR] North American May 2023 Round Robin - The Days Are Getting Longer Edition - Closed

#15 lyndylou5 cards received:

#23 @suatelier Wow that book-reading stamp is fabulous!! It goes perfectly with the card you chose. Thank you so much for using it, and the other stamps are great too, very colorful!

#24 @roxy Ahhh Perry Mason. I remember watching that with my grandmother when I was a kid. Great show! Thank you for the wonderful postage stamps. And I really like your tiny return address stamp. I’ll have to look for one like that, the one I have is too big.

#28 @TwoDoggies What a nice card, three of my favorite things - a meandering river, a snowcapped mountain, and cherry trees! I had one outside my bedroom window in the house I grew up in. It was sour cherries. My grandma used to make cherry pies with them. Yumm!

1 Like

#3 @Cruzin Everything about this card is awesome! The shape, the beach and seashell, the postage stamp, the book page paper reinforcement rings, the washi, the great parrot sticker - all of it is terrific! A very fun card to receive.

#8 @Shesa-Renegade What a fun card! I love it! Ohhh petit fours, how decadent. How did your class go? I bet it was fun. Yumm… creme brulee is my favorite too, especially when my son-in-law makes it.

#17 @kickassk12 Japan’s Kit Kats are different than the ones we have here? How so? The card is fabulous!

#25 @jocrafts “just a bunch of gators” soooo cute! And thank you for the wonderful stamps! They didn’t get postmarked, so they’re nice and clean to use in future artwork.

#26 @sarahaeyo What a great postcard! It might be fun for me to research some of the more intriguing ones!

#29 @melvnoble “Play it again, Sam” - a misquote from the movie Casablanca, 1942? I like the “I like Ludwig” button!

4 Likes

Did I miss the announcement for June, or is it not open yet?

#5 Volvomom reporting in again! I have received:

#6 @mikeyz1 - What a beautiful tiger lily card from Indiana! I’ve been trying to get into gardening; it’s a lot of fun! Happy to hear your daughter is also enjoying it! :slight_smile:

#10 @emotis - Wow! I love this card full of anchors! Isn’t it great to have the kids home again? I miss mine terribly.

#14 @alcott1 - Oooh! A pretty art card with a music lesson. Hope your spring is nice!

#25 @jocrafts - This “I’ve Seen Better” viewcard is a riot! Thanks for sharing her instagram, too. I’m going to look that up!

#29 @melvnoble - Love the rose stickers - I actually tried to see if it was a scratch and sniff - I guess that reveals my age!

Thanks to all!

#23 received

#28 @TwoDoggies thank you for the MOTW Virginia! Yeah the MOTW series is kinda long and tedious so its one I just passively collect

The June RR was opened on May 20 but has since closed

#4 Receiving:

#23 @suatelier : beautiful Canadian lighthouse. I hope you see one in person soon - they are just as lovely as postcards make them look :heart:

1 Like

#2 reporting

#1 @cawindt sent a supporting Ukraine card, thank you Craig! I hope their post office keeps up with educating the people on the events of the war. :blue_heart: :yellow_heart: :ukraine:

#29 @melvnoble sent a zoo display of birds at night, thank you Mel! :bird: :smiley: The few times I went to Zoo Lights in Denver, it was SO cold, we practically power walked through there to get back into the car and get the heater blasting, haha!

Dang it! Thank you.

1 Like

#5 @volvomom A race on Lake Champlain will be beautiful! My first race will be in August, and it’s for a charity called Paddle for Life. Being my first, I’m very excited about it! :blush:

#18 @KimberKS The Dirty Girls sounds like a really fun group! Congratulations on your kayak, the postcard is beautiful! Thank you for taking the time to google about dragon boating, and for the compliments about my profile. Most of the time I live in the moment. :blush:

1 Like

#5 Volvomom back again!

First, sorry for the confusion @ladybug513! The card was from @lyndylou5 and I’ll update it below.

I have received:

#11 @Hazygirl - This 1980’s card for Crater of Diamonds State Park is classic! I think I have a similar photo of my high school boyfriend and I in similar clothes!

#15 @lyndylou5 - Anchors! I love water views, so this card is great!

#17 @kickassk12 - Thanks for such a fun card - and uplifting message! This is a riot!

#18 @KimberKS - What a beautiful Kansas card! I have a friend who lives there and I’ve been talking for years about visiting her. Thank you for such a beautiful note; you are truly an amazing person! I’d buy you coffee any day! :slight_smile:

#22 @uconn - The USS Alabama, adding to my anchor collection!

Happy almost summer, everyone!

2 Likes

It seems the 2nd half of my cards aren’t arriving. I mailed them from the post office the same day as a card for my son (to Vermont), and that still hasn’t arrived either. :frowning: I’ll resend.

That makes me so sad and furious as well.

That has happened to me more than once - I wonder what the PO does with them?

28 @TwoDoggies Send a great Mississippi map and info card! I understand about those deadlines!!! I usually miss mine as well. Thank you for the card!

Waiting now for 5-20-21

#21 BeachyBlonde

I’ve sent all of my cards before May ended! I wanted to send them from my trip so I’m sorry for the delay! Except for 3 of the postcards that I expected the postal worker to pick up before I left town last week. I found them today, still in my mailbox. I’m sorry! Those will go to the PO tomorrow.

I am also sorting through my received cards and will post my thank yous!!

#5 @volvomom – I still enjoy Anne Tainter cards!

#28 @TwoDoggies – I enjoyed the rest of the story! The print was too small, so I didn’t upload the image, but it was an interesting story

Thank you!

1 Like

#13 ladybug513 with a very big thank you going out to:

#20 @Triol - Thank you very much for the terrific cards you sent to me and my granddaughters! They were thrilled to each receive another card to place in their albums. Your thoughtfulness and generosity are appreciated. I was very happy to receive the Lou Paper New York card for my collection. I appreciate you telling me where to find it in my Faves - both places!

1 Like

#24 reporting

Thank you to:

#1 @cawindt for the amazing Edmond Fitzgerald postcard. Wow - this one made my day, heck my week. Nice touch adding the Gordon Lightfoot stamp too. This is a real gem of a card!

#20 @triol send a card from my faves - a building with tons of window boxes full of beautiful flowers. Love it!

@Shesa-Renegade - Thank you for the warm welcome! I’ve really enjoyed participating! I printed my postcards with MOO. Rarely am I impressed with mail order anything, but this company is 100%!

1 Like