[RR] North American March 2023 Round Robin - The March to the Beat of a Different Drummer Edition - Closed

#2 reporting

#21 @Beachyblonde sent a St. Patrick’s Day card, thank you Whitney! :beer: :four_leaf_clover: :rainbow: We didn’t do anything for this day, but I did text my sister and wished her a Happy Birthday though. :smiley:

#30 @RockyRoadTrip sent a “cat” haha! Thank you Rocky and I agree, if this one went missing, woooo… don’t hike the trails alone in the Colorado wilderness, plenty of these guys out there that are hungry. No plans for St. Patrick’s Day, but I did get an Oreo Shamrock Shake at McDonald’s. :grin: :four_leaf_clover: Cute stickers too, love Snoopy and Woodstock. :heart:

#9 reporting in with arrivals from the past few days…

from #18 @LaurenceB - a pretty LP card featuring the shore and a sailboat for Collingwood, Ontario. Oof! Good luck with finding a new day care. That’s tough. My kids are checking the mailbox for me these days, and so excited if there’s a postcard inside! :slight_smile:

from #29 @melvnoble - Julia Morgan, architect of the Hearst castle. Very cool!

form #30 @RockyRoadTrip - Crumlin Road Gaol in Belfast, Northern Ireland. This is exactly the kind of place I would want to tour if I were in Belfast! My kids were a little confused about why a jail is so interesting though, since their little heads just think of jails as places to be avoided.

Thank you all for the great cards!

1 Like

#16 @jacieslar reporting:

#3 @Cruzin Thank you so much for the lovely Aurina Paskeviciene postcard. I loved the great sticker and washi tape, too. I now have another postcard source - thanks!

#4 @jenhart What a great card from the Charleston City Market. Cute Care Bear St. Patrick’s sticker, too. Thanks! I try to keep my postcrossing expenditures in check, but it’s a losing battle!

#10 @emotis Thank you for the cute St. Patrick’s Day postcard, stickers and washi. I’m glad you’ve had some nice weather and have been able to get out and enjoy it!

#14 @dnrhott Thank you for the great card showing the California Gold highway. I don’t think I would have survived as a pioneer or gold prospector!

#21 @Beachyblonde Thanks for the St. Patrick’s Day Card, shamrock washi tape and great postage stamps. I really appreciated the school bus stamp! We had a traditional St. Patrick’s Day dinner of corned beef and cabbage, Irish soda bread and Guinness extra stout.

#23 @suatelier I really like this card showing the skyline of Toronto which showcases the CN Tower which was the tallest free-standing structure from 1975 to 2007. I also love the stamps you chose. Thanks! We get snow here, but it only stays for a day or two. We don’t even own a snow shovel or snow blower!

#25 @jocrafts I love this vintage postcard of the Navajo Loop Trail in Bryce Canyon National Park and the washi and stamps you used. This is the perfect time of year to visit Moab and the surrounding areas. Have fun!

#29 @melvnoble What a great postcard of of the Northern Paiute woman, Sarah Winnemucca, from the Women Who Dared series. She is well-known in the western part of the U.S. for being an author, educator and activist. Thank you!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip Thank you for the lovely card showing azaleas at the Villa Carlotta on the Como Lake. The photo reminds me of the area of San Francisco where our daughter attended college.

2 Likes

#19 received

#3 @Cruzin - thank you! Has most of the water dried up by now or are you still getting lots of rain? They’ve called for us to have a lot, but we haven’t seen too much in the area. Just colder temperatures.

2 Likes

Updated!

April is open!

26 received: 3, 16, 18, 24, 25, 28, 29

3 @Cruzin - thank you amazing war and peas witchy postcard with matching witchy/celestial vibes stickers :sunglasses: she’s so cute! every time i pass by the tarot card display at my local bookshop i am so tempted to buy another deck! :see_no_evil:

16 @jacieslar - i love the peaceful mood of this painting (inseparables by south african-born australian artist florence fuller); makes me want to curl up on the couch with a good book! :books: the weather has been all over the place, this winter; it is so hard to plan ahead!

18 @LaurenceB - amazing pop-art postcard showing one of my greatest fears haha :mailbox_with_mail: amazing stamps as usual (both hockey and transportation themed?! you are spoiling me!) i hope you enjoy your time in toronto :two_hearts:

24 @roxy - a wonderful stamp card of the dorchester - canada’s first steam engine :steam_locomotive: thank you so much! sometimes i forget that most of our place names have very british roots haha; dorchester is a large neighbourhood in boston too! :see_no_evil:

25 @jocrafts - thank you so much for the good night stories postcard of warrior queen lakshmi bai of india :crown: the murdaugh story almost seems unreal on how it unfolded. :fearful:

28 @TwoDoggies - thank you for these fabulous and fashion-forward ladies :dress: and cool vintage stamps (james dean!) congratulations on the birth of your grandchild, as well! you must be so delighted :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

29 @melvnoble - thank you for this vintage reprint from the gal pals postcard book :two_hearts: good to know that we werent alone in the random snow storm a week ago; my class got cancelled that night but only ended up get the slushy stuff haha :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

#20 reporting a amazing “woman who dared” arived today from #29 @melvnoble
I love this card. I think I’m going to add it to my list of interest on my about page! Happy woman’s history month to you as well. The plants are starting to bud here. Thank you for the great card!

Ps I’m posting from my phone is I messed up I apologize!!

1 Like

@Beachyblonde #21 Thanks for the lovely SF card! Nothing wrong with preferring a quieter life and saving the cities for the occasional visit!

#23 reporting

#14 @dnrhott thank you for the notre dame basilica card! I knew it instantly when I saw the image. I’ve been to it last year and I’m excited to visit it again this year! Hopefully for the nighttime light show

#15 @AccentOnHakes thank you for the red barn card! I hope you feel better now. Take care

#26 @sarahaeyo thank you for the doughnuts card! I love the grapefruit deco so no worries! I never tried apple cider doughnuts before but I’ll be going to Boston this year. Let me know if there’s a shop you’d recommend to get them! My fav doughnut place is…I mean, tim hortons. But then again I don’t eat a lot of doughnuts in the first place. My fav is their roasted coconut chocolate! Heat it for 10seconds and it’s the best!

1 Like

#5 received a card from: (also received February resend, but that’s reported there)

#18 @LaurenceB - cute, cute! I love this whimsical space scene… I almost didn’t notice the “sunbather” beneath the umbrella. I’m sure you’ll enjoy hour Toronto trip. It made me wish I were going…it’s been a lot of years since I visited the city. Good luck with your daycare search.

My cards are posted on Flickr.

#25 here with a few to update:

#3 @Cruzin what a lovely sketch of Rihanna! I hope the levee cleanup has been smooth! Sounds scary. Lovely collage, as always! :heart_eyes:

#4 @jenhart what a wonderful Asheville love postcard! I am about to go back in June, and I’m really excited. Thanks for thinking of me and thanks for the care bear sticker, too :slight_smile:

#18 @LaurenceB what a beautiful flowery card of Singapore. Your decor is always so much fun. I love all the sewing and embroidery stickers. The stamps are the best, too! A Canadian treehouse stamp?! How cool!

#21 @Beachyblonde lovely St Patty’s day wishes. I was at Arches NP on St. Patty’s Day, and coincidentally, my jacket was green–but I did not plan for it to be that way! :stuck_out_tongue:

#29 @melvnoble what a cute set of gal pals! I haven’t painted in ages, either.

#30 @RockyRoadTrip I always get a chuckle out of the cards you send! Trump as Putin’s “Manchurian Candidate”–so perfect and very true.

Y’all take care and thank you!!

1 Like

#29 - Two postcards to report!

#10 @emotis - Thank you Erin for Virginia’s Eight Presidents! They are definitely interesting depictions! I think they would be creepier if they were animatronic though! :laughing:

#21 @Beachyblonde - Thank you Whitney for this postcard of President Truman! I didn’t know he was a mason. I am curious about masons and what they even do nowadays!

#27 reporting

From #15 @AccentOnHakes thanks for the great Land of Lincoln Illinois E.S.T 1818 postcard. I’m the same as you, I love a good road trip and enjoy seeing the different license plates showing where people are from.

From #17 @sraelling sent a historic landmark postcard showing the Stadium High School located in Tacoma, Washington. I loved the movie “Ten things I hate about you” wow that’s cool it was filmed here. Thanks.

#2 reporting

#23 @suatelier sent a card with a LOT of green on it, thank you Charlotte! :smiley: I like ice hockey also, grew up watching my brother play his games. We got to go out of state for a few, along with Vail and Aspen, Colorado, it was beautiful up there. I miss living in CO sometimes, haha.

1 Like

APRIL - yes please!

#27 reporting

From #18 @LaurenceB sent a cool postcard showcasing the Montmorency Falls in Winter. Its frozen spray is also called Sugar Loaf. It’s neat to see the size of the people climbing up the huge face of ice. Great Quebec postcard with a huge maple leaf sticker. Thanks. :slight_smile:

From #19 @ellistrations thank you for the fabulous Lantern Press postcard showing Leprechaun Irish Pub - Vintage sign. I loved the postcard and washi tape. You placed postage on this card I have never seen before. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

#24 reporting more received cards:

#10 @emotis sent a great Lego postcard! Check some of those sets you have from when your boys were young - they may fetch some good money!

#11 @hazygirl sent a great card of Baldwin’s Book Barn in Pennsylvania. You’re right - it does look a bit like a covered bridge!

#15 @AccentOnHakes sent a great action shot of a girl on a skateboard circa the 70s!

#17 @saerelling sent a multiview of the Oregon Trail showcasing the hardships along it. Great card!

#27 @HarleyGirl73 sent a very Canadian card with maple leaves and Canadian buzzwords. Sounds like you had a great time in Calgary!

1 Like

good evening everyone im #20 reporting in one amazing card from #23 @suatelier sent me a beautiful apple blossom flower card so pretty! i love to watch the petals float on the winds. definitely a highlight of mine too, as well as a sure sign that spring is on its way when they start to bud! thank you for the great card!

1 Like

#3 received

#10 @emotis Nothing can turn me off chocolate - not even this card! LOL!

#18 @LaurenceB Great shaped card!! I’ve never been to the NorthEast - one day I might go! Have a great time in Toronto!!

#21 @Beachyblonde LP card!! I loved the bar scene - in the day. Now….I’d rather be home!

#23 @suatelier love this card! I’m always lost in a book!

#25 @jocrafts Greyhound! You do have a busy month! Have fun!

#26 @sarahaeyo Emma Stone? Interesting is the JustJared on the bottom right - a gossip site! Love what you did with the sticker on the back!

#29 @melvnoble Great card for Womens History Month!

[b[#30[/b] @RockyRoadTrip would not have thought this to be a Wegman photo! I thought it was a pig at first too!

Thank you all!!

3 Likes