[RR] North American June 2022 Round Robin - Closed!

Cards to Canada (18, 23, 24) will go out today.

Received first cards from:
#2 @CrimsonKing - jellyfish, thank you! Haha, they are like living bubbles in a way. I ordered Nalu a new bed - should have been here todayā€¦

#9 @scoutingbear - Pixar bird, thank you! Haha, since itā€™s a detail, happily counts as feathers. I have yet to see the new Top Gun movieā€¦ maybe when the crowds fade.

1 Like

#17 reporting in with a cool card

#5 @carolreader black-and-white photo of Tony Bennett, 1955, by William Claxton. Heā€™s smoking in the pictureā€“I find it interesting when watching things on Netflix (canā€™t remember now if same thing is done on Amazon Prime) that the ā€œwarningsā€ list in the descriptions will include smoking if there is smoking in the movie.

1 Like

All cards sent.

All are sent

#17 reporting inā€“I should have waited for todayā€™s mail to arrive. Have another couple cool cards:

#19 @ellistrations Downtown Houston card. Looks like a great place. Iā€™ll probably not get in much traveling this summer eitherā€“but AM hoping to visit a couple friends in neighboring states.

#22 @uconn Black and white photo of the Marx Brothers in a movie scene with an unnamed actress. I prefer the Marx Brothers to the 3 Stooges. Babysitting a three year old. You are brave. I remember when I used to babysit my nephews occasionally at that age. Such energy.

2 Likes

#5 @carolreader thank you for these dino really love lookingšŸ˜ƒ at it i wonder where they off too. Glad to be back .

#2 @CrimsonKing these box set cards have some nice flowers. No i dont have flowers here more trees.

##17 @YOIYUMTEWA a lovely sunset with a sticker of Daisy Duck thank you for the birthday greetings Rick we are birthday buddies :blush: a card was sent to you as well.

#19 @ellistrations wow a spectacular view of an active volcano in Kilauea National Park. Loving the jungle stickersšŸ¤©.

#22 @uconn a funny card :rofl: these men seems to be all tangled up. Yes 3 year olds love the water hope you werenā€™t worn out. Truly love this.

Thank you pals and gals for such awsome cards made my weekend. :smiley::smile:

3 Likes

#22 uconn

#5 @carolreader I think reading this card made me dyslexic. :crazy_face::crazy_face: thanks

#9 @scoutingbear funny vintage card, thanks

#10 @emotis great Cheese Chalet card, thanks

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA I havenā€™t heard of this person myself; off to Google!
Thanks

#15 cards #1-8 sent

#8 Shesa-Renegade reporting in with my first received cards!

#5 @carolreader sends a card with advice from an eagle. This card is fabulous! I watch eagle cams, too. I think they are fascinating. One of my favorite pictures from my Alaska vacation years ago was an eagle swooping down into the water to catch a fish. Breathtaking!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA sends a wonderful Women in Science card of Katia Krafft, a geologist and volcanologist! I am a geologist, although a paleontologist and not a volcanologist, so I especially love this card!

#19 @ellistrations sends a beautiful card of the northern lights. I know what you mean about having to go on a postcard-buying freezeā€¦haha. Iā€™m heading out on vacation soon and know that Iā€™ll have a LOT of cards coming home! Iā€™m so excited to add more to my stash (but I really need to go on a buying freeze, too).

Received: 5, 17, 19

1 Like

#4 has received:

#5 @carolreader : two of my favorite themes combines: lighthouses and Lantern Press :heart:

#14 @dnrhott : beautiful cardinal. I am so old - I love sitting outside watching/listening to the birds :bird:

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA : West Virginia map. I sent a card from West Virginia to someone overseas and they actually replied back about how much they love the song ā€œCountry Roads!ā€

#22 @uconn : Cocklespur Lighthouse near Savannah. I have tried - without a fancy camera (or boat) there is just no way to take a picture of this lighthouse in real life!

1 Like

#9 reporting
#17 @YOIYUMTEWA decided to tackle my May challenge with a road sign card! Thanks!

#19 received

#5 @carolreader - details of the sun - green, thank you! Who knew there was green to the sun. First time Iā€™ve seen that color in correspondence, haha! Very pretty!

#10 @emotis - camera with a cactus, thank you! My brother just got back from a trip to Europe with his friends and the photos I saw were amazing. Love this beautiful card!

#14 @dnrhott - NYC, thank you! Iā€™ve never been, but donā€™t have plans to. I do often miss the cuisine most places I visit.

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA - ā€œRemember when we couldnā€™t wait to be older?ā€ Thank you! Haha, yes! I am at the point where Iā€™d like to stay the age I am. No older, no younger.

#22 @uconn - feather quill, thank you! I like to keep my holidays for fun and relaxation as well. Work can always wait, haha!

#2 received:

#5 @carolreader sent Glacier Bay in black and white, thank you Carol! :smiley: It is a cool view, from what I read on the back, the picture was taken in 1891. I wish the glaciers were still that tall, but I feel that they are not unfortunately, still a beautiful card though! :slight_smile:

#9 @scoutingbear sent a June challenge card of Pantone, Violet Ice 15-2706. I have to agree with you, I see no violet in that color at all. It looks tan/brown to me, lol. Send all the Pantones you want lol, thank you Karen! :smiley:

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA sent a Rhododendrons vintage card, how pretty, love the color, thank you Rick! Did your rhododendron grow wild and huge? Iā€™ve seen lilac bushes do that. What color is your flower? :smiley:

#19 @ellistrations sent a fairy house, what a neat card, thank you Barb! Iā€™m glad you got lucky and sent this card to me, itā€™s adorable. :blush: I love the ladders going from tree to tree, hehe.

#22 sent the Land Crab from Birds, Beasts & Reptiles, how cool, thank you James! Ahh, I donā€™t watch Dr. Who. Is Torchwood and Doctor Who intertwined? Have you watched Torchwood? I have not, maybe I should, lol.

Thank you everyone!

2 Likes

#26 sending out #15-30 on monday morning~

#9 Reporting

Some cards have already been sent. EVERYTHING will be sent by tomorrow! Always a joy picking cards for this RR!

@CrimsonKing #2 I adore this ADG card of Great Sand Dunes (no, Iā€™ve not been)! I love poster style cards but this one is different, it looks like an oil painting! I have never seen one like this before and I am so happy to add it to my collection. Thank you!!
@carolreader #5 I love this turtle photograph from your local NP! Iā€™ve heard that itā€™s very beautiful there.
@YOIYUMTEWA #17 Thanks for this vintage card showing a saguaro cactus. I remember being young and learning that you shouldnā€™t draw saguaro cactuses and camels in the same picture. We associate them both with deserts but they donā€™t come from the same ones, like polar bears and penguins!
@ellistrations #19 Thank you for Mokoliā€™i Island, aka the ā€œChinamanā€™s Hat.ā€ What an interesting formation! Iā€™d love to see the rabbit island as well. I appreciate the matching Hawaii stamp, too!

2 Likes

Rest of the cards are in the mail tomorrow, and therefore completes this monthā€™s outgoings!

#8 Shesa-Renegade spreading the word that my postcards are written and will be dropped off at the post office in the morning! YAY!! :bouncing:

1 Like

#5 with my first two cards:

#2 @crimsonking ā€“ Isabel Samaras version of the Three Magi. Great card ā€“ I absolutely love her work. Thanks!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA ā€“ A vintage map card of West Virginia ā€“ a great addition to my collection! Thank you.

My Flickr album with these cards is here.

1 Like