[RR] North American June 2021 Round Robin - Summer's Here Edition - Addresses Sent

Received from:
#26 ~ @alcott1 a quaint bookstore. I’m so happy your bookstore survived the pandemic.

#7 ~ @treeclimber a ballerina hippo! I love it thank you. Hope your garden continues to grow good

#19 ~ @ellistrations Anne of Green Gables house. Thank you so much! My fur babies are definitely smarter than me and they know it. Lol

#27 ~ @jaqueposts cute teddy bears. Hope your son enjoys his swim lessons

1 Like

#29 - My first card for this month has arrived!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA - Thank you for this postcard showing the UN General Assembly Hall in New York! I’ve been to NYC twice as well, once in high school, and once with friends. Never been to the United Nations though!

See my postcards here!

#5 - I have already received three cards for June! Wow!:

#13 @ladybug513 – a card from my favorites – a presidential postcard for FDR. A remarkable president! I love this type of card - a bit of history. I’m currently listening to the audiobook for “The Winds of War”, about WW2. Thank you!

#17 @Yoiyumtewa – a vintage, museum-ish card of a memorial hall in Pittsburg, dedicated to Stephen Foster! Pittsburgh has so many great places to visit, and I need a day trip there again sometime soon. Thank you for this one.

#19 @ellistrations – The Hollywood Wax Museum in Myrtle Beach. I agree, wax museums are great fun places to visit. The only one I’ve been to (so far) is in Niagara Falls. Thanks!

1 Like

#8 @Shesa-Renegade sent a greetings from Orange County. It was a tie between Tony Gwynn and Ricky Henderson for my favorite player.

#5 @carolreader sent a monkey cartoon. In my house we have 2 budgies (my son’s) a gray checked parakeet and an African Grey (both belong to my wife).

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA sent Birthday wish on a Kurt Vonnegut cover (Cat’s Cradle)

#27 @jaqueposts also sent birthday wishes and tons of cake stickers on a Miffy card.

Thank you for the great cards.

2 Likes

#22 - Today I received my first two postcards from:

#8 @Shesa-Renegade - Thank you for the Tereshkova, first woman in space, quote. I loved the artwork, too. Thank you!

#17 @yoiyumtewa - Many years ago I was walking by the colosseum. Your postcard brought back many fond memories. Thank you!

1 Like

#16 reporting: Wow, I received six cards for this group today!

#3 @Cruzin - an illustration of Bottom with an ass’s head, from A Midsummer’s Night’s Dream. Cards related to live theatre are always right for me. I am hoping with you that your husband’s project with the RSC gets rebooted!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade - Inge Look’s old ladies on a mountain top. I love these gals! They are always so happy.

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA - May-Britt Moser from the Women in Science series. I always learn something from these cards, not just from the text on them, but also because I like looking up more info.

#19 @ellistrations - an aerial view of downtown Memphis. I like the way that there are just trees, not suburbs, across the river. I’ll be thinking about you as you start your new job.

#26 @alcott1 - a peaceful pond in a St. Louis park, from a local photographer and a local independent bookstore! I like those new heritage breed stamps, too. I just ordered a bunch from USPS.com

#27 @jaqueposts - a map of the Holy Land, with lots of inset photos. I haven’t been to any of the cities on the map, but I have been to the Dead Sea from the Jordan side. It would be fascinating to see more.

Thanks, everyone.

My cards went out to 7, 8, and 9 today.

3 Likes

#19 ellistrations received

#3 @Cruzin - Seal Beach, thank you! My first surfboard card since I made it a challenge, thank you! I don’t mind the glitter at all, not unless the glitter gets everywhere, then I don’t like it, haha!

#7 @treeclimber - Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden, thank you! I’ve been once years ago in the off season, so nothing was in bloom, haha!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade - One of the first known photos of a surfer and his board, thank you! I often crave ice cream when it’s not in the house but am also too lazy to get any. I blame the summer season for the random cravings.

#13 @ladybug513 - fireplace illustration, thank you! We hardly ever use ours as well. As lovely as cuddling in front of the fireplace sounds, the act of doing so is so rare for me.

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA - snail facts, thank you! I can’t believe it’s June either. Definitely snail season but I feel like I have to be on the ground to possibly see them.

#26 @alcott1 - St. Louis illustration, thank you! This is a great image! If you see him again, please give him my compliments. :blush:

#27 @jaqueposts - the Lion King image of Mufasa, Sarabi and Simba, thank you! Too bad on the job, but when you have something good where you are, it’s not a complete loss. Family is great to be with for however long it takes to get another job.

2 Likes
  1. ChristineC

I just received my first postcard!
It’s a sign from an Australian national park indicating where are the toilets and where are the art sites.
A great card sent by 24.@roxy!
Thank you!

@hootnoodle sends some ducks on the lake lovely. Thanks :blush:

@ellistrations Venus fly trap. Yeah I saw it in movies before but not in real. Thank you.

@ladybug513 so nice of you Susan what lovely bunch of flowers to send me Birthday :birthday: Greetings. The best this is joining the pcrossing to meet such lovely members like you. I thank you all.

@Cruzin Julia Pfeiffer burns state park truly breath taking. Thank you.

2 Likes

I (#16) haven’t mailed you a card for this month yet, and my records don’t show that I’ve ever sent one of ducks on a lake.

My mistake i must have mixed up the username with yours.

Wow! Imagine my surprise when I opened my mailbox yesterday to find not one, not two, but six cards to start this month’s RR. Everyone is on the ball this month! (Except for yours truly who still has yet to pull cards for all of you wonderful people.) So without further ado, much thanks go to

#8 @Shesa-Renegade for the wonderful German card that reads “If you want to be beautiful, you don’t have to do anything.” Yes, we are really excited for our new exchange son, as we’ve been talking with him and his family for over a year and a half at this point! This is going to be a different arrival experience as we’ve had a very long time to build a relationship.

#13 @ladybug513 for the fabulous Jack Daniel bronze statue card. How are the twins 9 already??? Time sure does fly. Hey, embrace a simple party theme. The more elaborate, the more difficult… LOL Thanks for the Michigan flag stamp and the others.

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA for another awesome statue card, this one of Jimmy Stewart! My favourite movies of his are It’s a Wonderful LIfe, which we watch every December while we decorate the tree, and The Spirit of St. Louis. Sure, Lindenbergh turned out to be a fascist, but the movie is still good!

#19 @ellistrations sent a stunning art card of Erich Heckel’s Sailing Ships in the Harbour from 1911. Love the cat sticker! Best of luck with the website.

#20 @sleepyhippo1 for the cool card showing the Deeds Carillon which I’m sure @emotis has seen! I received my undergraduate degree in Iowa, at Central College in Pella. I was supposed to go back last summer for my 25 year class reunion, but well…LOL Great stamps!

#26 @alcott1 for the fabulous art card of a fleur de lis, the symbol of St. Louis. I love this card and I love the stamp! If you have more of his work in the future, feel free to send it my way :slight_smile:

Thanks again everyone! Looks like I have another big batch of cards coming in today as well, so expect a second report later this afternoon.

1 Like

Updated!

@cawindt – I will. That’s a great excuse for me to visit Left Bank Books again!

1 Like

Yep…four more cards arrived today!

Thanks to:

#5 @carolreader for the spot-on, hilarious cat card. I adore this!! I also love the postage. And yes, cats really are popular…especially at my house :smile_cat:

#11 @TandemStoker for the hilarious North Shore Crime Wave card. What happened to the poor dog?? :rofl:

#22 @Jill203 for the cool chateaux card from France. Okay, I have to say, I majored in French, I lived in France. I studied French history, geography and so on. I have never heard of any of these chateaux, nor the region that they are in! I had to look it up. They are in a region of France that I have never been to!

#27 @jaqueposts for the great card highlighting a Japanese settlement in Florida in the early 1900s. I had never heard of this either! Great Snoopy stamp.

2 Likes

#3 @Cruzin thanks for the cute hippo/rhino card.

#5 @carolreader thanks for the cute teddy bear card.

#11 @TandemStoker love the zoo card with a hippo

#13 @ladybug513 cute hippos from adventure aquarium

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA beautiful waterfalls in Rochester, New York

Thanks everyone!

I guess that means you have to return to France to check them out!

#22 - Today I received 6 wonderful postcards from:

#5 @carolreader - I love the Escher watercolor card, thank you. I once did a similar pattern in a jigsaw puzzle that took quite awhile to finish. I hope your cockatiel had a good checkup!

#11 @TandemStoker - Thank you for the colorful Colorado postcard. We celebrated Memorial Day by going away for a long weekend with some of our grandchildren. It was the first time since Covid that we actually stayed in a hotel! It was great.

#19 @ellistrations - The skyline in Dubai is so beautiful at night. Our sons actually took a trip there together before Covid and had a wonderful trip. Thank you for your beautiful postcard. I can’t wait to resume traveling, maybe in 2022! I appreciate your unusual stamps.

#20 @sleepyhippo1 - I agree that the picture of Opryland on your postcard is very beautiful, thank you. My husband is from Tennessee, and although we’ve visited many times, never made it to Opryland. It must be fun going to estate auctions. I should try it! I loved your stamps, too.

#26 @alcott1 - Thank you for your postcard with a picture of your favorite bookstore, Left Banks Books. Sadly, too many are disappearing. I just finished reading “The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry” a quick read about a small bookstore. The turkey stamp is a new one for me!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip - thank you for the cruise ship postcard. I can’t wait to go on another cruise! I think we might wait until 2022, though, until all the kinks are sorted out. I love visiting multiple places without having to unpack! One of our sons is taking a cruise with his family in December, too.

#18 reporting

#7 @treeclimber sent a card of beautiful gardens. I held the card the wrong way and though wow their growing c shaped plants.

#11 @TandemStoker sent a colorful Founding Fathers card by Lantern Press.

#20 @sleepyhippo1 sent a card depicting delicious looking mushrooms. We have been sitting at 95 F for last couple days. It’s now 88.

#26 @alcott1 sent card with the remains of the 1st bridge to span the Mississippi along with some interesting facts about it.

Thank you for the great cards.

All of my cards are in the mail - Enjoy!