[RR] North American June 2021 Round Robin - Summer's Here Edition - Addresses Sent

#7 checking in…

#2 @ChristineC - pretty closeup of a sunflower with a heart

#4 @johnbradleytlh - Blue Angel by Albin Polasek - the sculpture garden sounds nice

#6 @mikeyz1 - painted flowers at Grand Teton National Park - I hope you enjoyed your time off.

#9 @hkappespc - beautiful tulip in Skagit Valley WA - I’d love to see these fields blooming one day

#15 @dnrhott - a delicate looking golden spider lily - it’s been raining off an on all day today and the garden is loving it. there are blooms on the tomatoes and cucumbers.

#21 @Beachyblonde - a Florida Fat Cat with a rubber ducky - looks like our Cici. We’ve cut back on her food and she is not happy about it.

#25 @CeceG - beautiful yellow plumeria in Hawaii - I’ve been reading my way through the George Smiley spy books by John LeCarre. I have some Nancy Drew mysteries that I read as a teen that I need to pull down from the attic for my nieces.

Some great stamps! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

2 Likes

Received another lovely card … from @Yarn-Lady, great art, and so cute as well!!! Thanks for the great card.

Hi everyone! I am updating starting now and will have July open once I complete updates for June and the previous months. Thank you for your patience!

I found four cards in a pile under a book, where they shouldn’t have been (though I admit I must have put them there…) So finally being reported, thank you to:

#6 @mikeyz1 for the fabulous cocktail book cover with recipes on the back! Great stamps as always.

#7 @treeclimber for beautiful card of the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden. Believe it or not, your May and June card arrived the same day! Awesome stamps.

#12 @Yarn-Lady for the great bald eagle voting card. I am highly concerned about the tightening of the voting process and the spreading belief that voting is a privilege and not a right.

#24 @roxy for the second of two cocktail themed cards in this report! William approves of the recipe! Love the stamps and stickers :slight_smile:

I think May must have wandered around a bit :slight_smile:

1 Like

July is now open!

#4 reporting:

All my cards were sent Tuesday evening (June 15th). I just realized I had forgotten to report that (sorry @cawindt).

Received the following cards to-date:

#3 @Cruzin Champagne, France, aviation travel poster reprint. Hope your move went well. Can’t say I envy you; I’d have a hard time deciding what to purge!

#5 @carolreader Richland Carrousel Park. Proper park or no, looks fun! Reminds me of some scenes from “The Sting.” Cool the town is also an actual filming location.

#7 @treeclimber Vintage SAS postcard with an image straight out of Don Quixote, one of my favorite characters from literature. Glad to hear your garden is coming along.

#8 @Shesa-Renegade Vintage Delta DC-8 postcard. I don’t remember the very first time I flew on a plane since I was a baby, but I do remember the era of free food and playing cards. Never had anything as fancy as duck though.

#11 @TandemStoker Colorado map card. Aw, sorry they cancelled Shark Tank. I enjoy going to basketball games, though not watching on TV, so I felt your pain.

#12 @Yarn-Lady Pre-stamped postcard of Rio Grande, Texas. Wow, almost thought it was the Grand Canyon. Totally agree, I really wish USPS still sold postcards.

#13 @ladybug513 Holland-America Line SS Statendam ocean liner travel poster. Would have loved to have travelled by ocean liner. But more than that would love for the good ole days at Disney World!

#14 @BarbL Vintage PamAm 747 postcard. Sorry jury duty is dragging. I was summoned only once, “lucky” enough to be chosen, and very lucky enough that the trial was over same day and I got home in time for dinner.

#16 @hootnoodle Seattle Great Wheel on Pier 57. Must have an amazing view! We have one in Orlando, but to be honest being in the middle of a flat state the view isn’t the best. Hope you had a great family gathering.

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA Vintage Eastern Airlines Silver Falcon postcard. They ceased flying when I was young, but Eastern was my first and therefore favorite childhood airline.

#18 @theosprey247 Old Mackinac Point LIghthouse. Hawaii sounds amazing! I have plans to visit Charleston, SC, in August.

#19 @ellistrations Boeing 777 Factory postcard AND an entire Boeing Factory postcard book :heart_eyes:. Wow, I’m so touched, thank you!

#20 @sleepyhippo1 Postcard of Opryland, a former amusement park in Nashville. I love fireworks! Hopefully one day I’ll see Clear Lake’s.

#22 @Jill203 Death Valley fun fact. I’ve already planned my first post-pandemic trip (Charleston, SC, in August)! Even have my paper maps ready, which I always know how to refold! LOL

#24 @roxy Polaroid image of a ferris wheel. Hope you can visit Legoland NY soon and that you have fun. But be sure to also visit the one in Florida. Not to brag, but it’s probably the prettiest.

#26 @alcott1 Black and white photograph of St. Louis’ Tower Grove Park. I had a great Memorial Day weekend, thanks! I hope you did, too.

#27 @jaqueposts Jaguar postcard from Zoo Miami. Glad to hear you guys had fun. I’ve never been but been wanting to, just to go on the monorail! LOL

#30 @RockyRoadTrip Vintage Capital Airlines Viscount postcard. And a very funny pun!

Thanks so much to everyone! Every postcard has been an amazing surprise! I feel very fortunate to be a part of this group! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Thankfully the storm didn’t affect us. So far so good here.

1 Like

I have some cool memories of Eastern Airlines. My husband and I were living in Wisconsin in 1978 when Eastern had a sale. For $300, one could buy a ticket with unlimited stops in a three-week period. We had already planned to visit family in Washington, so though we had to travel from Milwaukee to Seattle by way of Atlanta, it was worth it, since we added stops in Puerto Rico, St. Martin, and Trinidad and Tobago!

1 Like

#13 catching up with cards from:

#1 @cawindt - Thank you for the Yellowstone LP with the really big moose! My brother hunts in Maine and Canada and has seen moose and given them a wide berth. Huge animals. We met our daughters and granddaughters the other morning at a local farm where one particular chicken followed me everywhere. She even pecked at a bag in the bottom of the stroller. She seemed to know just where the snacks were hidden!

#2 @ChristineC - Thank you for this cute card of “Girl in poppies” by Oxana Fomina. It reminds me of our four little “angels” when they are napping. They were all here yesterday for brunch and were digging for worms in our vegetable garden rather than looking for ladybugs. Go figure. Great postage stamps!

#4 @johnbradleytlh - Port Boca Grande Lighthouse on Gasparilla Island, FL which has been lit since 1890 and is still active! Thank you! Great addition to my collection. Hope hurricane season is not too intense this year.

#6 @mikeyz1 - “Toot in Tears” reminds me a bit of “Scuffy the Tugboat” from my childhood! Thank you for this terrific illustration from the book by H. Gramatky. A children’s book museum is a lovely place to visit. We especially enjoyed the Eric Carle museum in Amherst, MA and recommend it if you ever find yourself near there. Nice stamps!

#9 @hkappespc - Thank you, thank you for the cute Snoopy card! Our granddaughter is going to love it, especially since we are ALL sharing a house for a week next month in Cape May NJ. Should be interesting as last year a couple of the girls hated the sand and one of them doesn’t like loud noises and didn’t like the sound of the ocean. I love your return address ink stamp!

#10 @emotis - Thank you for the pumpkins! The muted colors are very spooky. I don’t want to push our luck, but the cicadas haven’t struck us yet. A friend who lives about 45 minutes away in a very wooded area gets them stuck in her hair when she goes outside. Gross!!!

#15 @dnrhott - Boy, it sounds like a cheetah can really give a car a run for the money! Thank you for the fact card and the cute gecko sticker. I’m currently reading Temple Secrets by, wait for it. . . Susan Gabriel!

#21 @Beachyblonde - Key Lime Pie recipe! One of my favorite summer treats. There is a farm stand in Cape May where we stop on our way in to my brother’s house. They have the best Key Lime Pie! We always buy one. Thank you!

#28 @FrogSalad - Thank you for the National Park poster of the Great Smoky Mountains, a park I would love to visit. We’re hoping to visit the Blue Ridge Mountains during a future trip to my sister who now lives in Cumming GA. I’m waiting for the fall when the weather is cooler! Funny dad joke!

#29 @melvnoble - Thank you very much for the lovely “Blossoms at Giverny” by Theodore Robinson. I’ve always regretted that our tour in France did not take us to Giverny. It was a school trip so I had no control over where we went. We took our kids to Washington when they were young and, more recently, our younger daughter lived in DC for eight years so we eventually got to visit all of the Smithsonian museums. What a great resource for visitors to Washington. Hope you enjoyed your trip!

2 Likes

#6 reporting

Thanks to all!

#4 @johnbradleytlh sent a great vintage reproduction card of orange picking from the Winter Park History Museum. That town has really changed over the years, I suspect!

#9 @hkappespc sent a great 3d Statue of Liberty card! Love it!!

#21 @Beachyblonde sent a great Statue of Liberty card from the backside. A really cool card! Thank you!

2 Likes

#1 @cawindt the sunset at Oregon Coastline truly nice.

#23 @katie333 2 birds and mushrooms lovely stamps.

Thank you…

Updated!

#5 reporting:

#1 @cawindt – a card of vintage US stamps – I love this! Thank you! With all the postcards I’ve received over the years, I’d have an amazing stamp collection – if I were willing to remove them from the cards, which I’m not! It’s wonderful that you are still in touch with your childhood pen pal . I had pen pals as a kid, too, but let them drift away when I got older. My first one lived in Tailem Bend, South Australia.

#4 @johnbradleytlh – an old-fashioned ad from Ybor City, the “Cigar Capital of the World”. Thanks! Now I have a coincidence for you. Today I received a card from another RR for the “Ybor City Museum State Park”. I mused there why the card referred to the influence of the cigar industry. Well, now I know a little more! Pretty good for me, since I’d never heard of Ybor City before today.

#8 @Shesa-Renegade – a cute little birdie. Thank you! A good friend also has a bluebird couple in one of his birdhouses. They get agitated when he works in some parts of the yard.

2 Likes

#13 with my last card from:

#25 @CeceG - a great map card of Hawaii! Wish I was there! Thank you! I’m listening to Andrea Bocelli at the moment. Our younger daughter spent a semester abroad in Florence IT and the incoming class was welcomed to the city by none other than Andrea Bocelli. Sarah almost lost it as he was guided down the aisle to the stage. She is a HUGE fan. John Denver is next in my line up!

#27 jaqueposts reporting: (I think I have received all!)

#1 @cawindt beautiful view of the Oregon Coast, I would love to go back there!

#2 @ChristineC thanks for this awesome Vancouver postcard! I am dying to visit!

#4 @johnbradleytlh awesome Gatorland postcard! Fingers crossed for an uneventful hurricane season!

#9 @hkappespc adorable vintage style Halloween card! Thank you!

#15 @dnrhott breathtaking snowy mountain view, and matching stamp! Just the thing to cool me down this summer!

#21 @Beachyblonde yay, I love 3D cards! This is such a pretty flower! My gardening skills are nonexistent, but I love visiting botanical gardens!

#23 @katie333 unreal view of the aurora borealis! I hope to see it one day!

#25 @CeceG thanks for this beautiful whale postcard! You have such a great stamp collection!

#29 @melvnoble cute birdhouse! The Holo Taco polish looks so cool! I’m lazy and have been using the Color Street nail polish strips.

Thank you everyone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

#19 ellistrations received

#4 @johnbradleytlh - turtle hatchling, thank you! This is precious! I’m happy to hear we’re off to a good start in the hurricane season. Two years ago when Orlando was to be hit by a large hurricane, my family went down to Disney World. People thought we were crazy. Funny thing was, we got rain on our trip, but no hurricane and our home in NC was hit harder by the winds of the hurricane days later (while still in Florida)! :laughing: What luck!

#9 @hkappespc - collage of Broadway shows, thank you! I bet it felt nice to be in a theater again. I can’t remember the last time I was in one… The theater costs have gotten too high to be that affordable around here. Definitely an experience I miss with certain movies.

#25 @CeceG - handmade stamps, thank you! These look great! I can’t imagine that I’d be very good at carving anything correctly. The image in my head doesn’t transfer well to craft or paper, haha!

1 Like

#16 reporting:

#4 @johnbradleytlh - Tampa Florida LP poster with a decorated tall ship on the water, with bridge and lighted skyscrapers and full moon behind it. I’ve never been to Florida, but would like to visit the Everglades and St. Augustine when the mosquitoes aren’t too thick. Hope you continue to stay out of the path of hurricanes.

#6 @mikeyz1 - Ohio’s state capitol building, which has an unusual shape. Sorry your staycation was less than ideal. We haven’t traveled anywhere since our last trip to Japan in October 2019, but I’m daydreaming more.

#25 @CeceG - people enjoying a park, staying in socially distanced, spaced out circles. I think that may be the way our town will be doing its Music in the Park concerts this summer. They are requiring tickets (free), so they can keep people spread out. Like you, my family is all vaccinated but we are being very cautious. I will continue to wear masks in public places, and am now trying to decide whether I’m willing to buy play tickets this season.

Thanks, everyone.

2 Likes
  1. ChristineC

Thank you to 15. @dnrhoff for the flag from Maryland – I think it’s the first time I see it!

#22 Today I received from:

#25 @CeceG - a beautiful picture of Rabbit Island in Hawaii. I know exactly what you mean when you mentioned you had trouble concentrating during the past year. I felt the same way. I had several projects to work on, but just couldn’t get started. I did quite a bit of jigsaw puzzles, since I could work on them for a few minutes at a time. You made me curious about carving stamps. Is it a little like making wood block designs to print? Thank you for your really pretty scenic card.