[RR] North American January 2023 Round Robin - The New Year, New Postal Rate Edition - Closed

#1 @cawindt Bay state MI. Nice view thank you. So many lovely places to explore in :us: USA.

#23 @suatelier loving this bird he maybe my best bird ever like a crown on his head. Aside from Forgorn Leghorn. Thank you.

1 Like

All cards sent #14

#22 uconn

#23 @suatelier hope for had a great trip, thanks for this vintage reprint large letter card

#25 @jocrafts thanks for the vintage linen card. Hope for NYE went well

1 Like

#29 - My first two postcards of the year have arrived!

#23 @suatelier - Thank you Charlotte for this Ohio Lou Paper postcard! I grew up in the Youngstown area in NE Ohio. It makes me so happy to find vintage postcards from Youngstown. There were so many back in the day, but itā€™s tough to find anyone selling them now. Itā€™s not a tourist spot like Cleveland or Columbus!

#25 @jocrafts - Thank you Jo for this postcard of Lake Superior! I watched the video and it was so neat! I assumed at first it was just a vintage postcard. So awesome to see some beautiful images on that linen-style postcard of old! I hope your New Yearā€™s party was fun!

2 Likes

#13 with my first three postcards of the New Year from:

#1 @cawindt - Thank you for the colorful sunset [sunrise?] over Bay City, Michigan. Iā€™m never up for sunrise, but definitely make it a point to see a sunset whenever possible. There are actually some fantastic ones over the fields at our local dairy! I totally understand overbuying for the youngā€™uns. Our gang here has named me Nene Claus beause of all the bags of gifts I arrive with on Fristmas morning. Thatā€™s not spoiling. Thatā€™s loving!

#18 @LaurenceB - Love this cross-country skiing moose! Thank you for the card and the trimmings on the flip side! I wish it would snow here! We celebrated Fristmas on Dec 17th at our older daughterā€™s house. She often has to work on Christmas Day and this was our 12th year celebrating our Family Christmas on a day other than the 25th. We all love it since no one has other commitments on that day. We went to my brotherā€™s on Christmas Eve and stopped at each of our childrenā€™s homes on Christmas Day to see what Santa brought the grands. Lots of food, lots of family, lots of fun!

#23 @suatelier - Thank you for the large letter Ohio for the collection! Iā€™m glad you got to visit for the winter holiday. Covid certainly put a crimp in our celebrations the past few years. Hereā€™s to a happier and healthier New Year!

1 Like

#15 all cards ready.

That would indeed be a sunset :smiley: :city_sunset:

1 Like

#22 uconn

#1 @cawindt cool view of Bay City. Thanks.
I can spot the Taco Bell & McDonaldā€™s :rofl:

#2 reporting

All cards are going out 1/5.
:tada: :champagne: :partying_face:

First cards arrived today, yay!

#23 @suatelier sent a cardinal with the map of Ohio, thank you Charlotte! How was your visit there or are you still there? :smiley: I hope you have a wonderful time. Happy New Year!

#25 @jocrafts sent a vintage linen card, thank you Jo! No not doing anything fun, just awaiting my heart surgery in 3 weeks, itā€™s outpatient and Iā€™m ready to be able to have caffeine again. Iā€™ve been caffeine free since November 1st! Happy New Year! How was your NYE party? I bet it was a blast. :partying_face: Stay warm neighbor!

1 Like

Updated!

#5 reporting one card received:

#23 @suatelier sent a great Ohio map card! I like this one a lot. Where did you visit in Ohio? I see the postmark is Cleveland. What do you like to do here?

1 Like

@carolreader , I was actually in Columbus and Mansfield! Sadly the storm hit pretty hard where I was and we didnā€™t leave the house for a week which was half my stay. I used to visit Ohio once or twice a year to visit family but since Covid, this was the first time I went after 3 years so there was just a lot of catching up for this trip! I did find a small family-run coffee place - really quaint and cozy so I went there a few times.

Thanks for telling me about the postmark! I probably sent yours in Mansfield so it was interesting to note that it went to Cleveland. I assumed it wouldā€™ve went down to Columbus if anything.

My first postcard for this groupā€“
#23 @suatelier ā€“ Beautiful red barn in Ohio. Thank you!

1 Like

#8 Shesa-Renegade checking in with my first received cards of the new year!

#1 @cawindt sends a wonderful shark card from Shedd Aquarium in Chicago. I once saw a wild hammerhead shark in San Diego. Iā€™ll never forget that moment. My vacation was absolutely fabulous! I think I bought half a billion postcards! Also, our best-laid plans get pushed aside during the holidays, as they should.

#23 @suatelier sends a big letter Greetings fro Ohio postcard. I havenā€™t had to write 2023 yet, and I just know I will mess it up for some timeā€¦HAHA.

#25 @jocrafts sends a linen card of Lake Superior. I was ā€œat seaā€ for NYE and celebrated wildly on the boat with my son and a couple of hundred other people. We were on our way back to Miami from the Panama Canal. It has been a long time since I stayed up and partied like that. Hope your NYE was great!

Received 1, 23, 25
Canā€™t wait to see: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 24, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

2 Likes

#1 @cawindt ā€“ Beautiful Michigan winter wonderland!

#29 - Two great postcards to report!

#1 @cawindt - Thank you Craig for this postcard from Veterans Memorial Park in your home Bay City! That helicopter would have to be such a sight to see in person! I love the Olympics and space stamps! :rocket:

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA - Thank you Rick for this vintage postcard of the US Steel Building in Pittsburgh! I immediately went to Google to see how ā€œSteel Towerā€ looks now! Itā€™s quite a bit rusted, but still a neat part of the skyline!

Wow! So fast! #9 has received #23 - an Ohio state card by Postcard Fair. Itā€™s great to have you back, @suatelier!

#9 Volvomom had a happy mailbox with three cards today!

#1 - @cawindt added to my Russian language AND cat collection with a tough Ukrainian cat card! Stamps are awesome, too!

#18 - @LaurenceB sent me a happy puppy and early birthday wishes! You used so many Canadian stamps Iā€™ve never even seen!

#22 - @uconn love that you found a card to match my challenge! The restored tractors in the agricultural fairs sound very cool! Vintage stamp, too!

1 Like

@cawindt #1 Itā€™s good to have you in my mailbox again! Thanks for this iconic moment.
@carolreader #5 Thanks for the funny ferret card! Those eyes must belong to a man named Mark, because they are creepy and definitely human! Makes me think of the iconic Harry Potter scene.
@volvomom #9 Thank you for the meetup card and the teas! Iā€™m excited to try them. No, Iā€™ve never had a London Fog. The maple syrup is interesting, I would have though of honey. Iā€™ll have to try one!
@YOIYUMTEWA #17 Thanks for this great Oregon postcard! I miss the area. Yes, Iā€™m still in school. I graduate in May! :open_mouth:
@uconn #22 Thanks for adding Norwich, CT to my map. I love Costco, but I bet it was super crowded!

3 Likes

#5 @carolreader : artistic clay cupcakes from the Akron Museum. Clay? Really! I never would have guessed

#9 @volvomom : pink VW van illustration. Love! Iā€™ve never had a van or bug but one of my college boyfriends had an orange van. They bring back memories! I hope your son is continuing to do well in his first year. My daughter is exhausted with how hard it is, but says she loves it!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA : Sea Grit lighthouse. I didnā€™t realize so many lights were still active in this day and age!

#18 @LaurenceB : illustrated/painted old house? outbuilding? It looks like it should be overlooking a bay or sound. Beautiful! I hope your holiday was busy and merry - Happy 2023!

#19 @ellistrations : love this illustrated Cosmo recipe! Happy New Year! It feels like 2020-2022 was just one long year!

#23 @suatelier : Ohio map and state symbols. Iā€™m glad you were able to finally get back to celebrate.

Thank you!!

4 Likes