[RR] North American December Round Robin 2023 - The Multitudes of Holidays Edition - Closed

#6 updating

#10 @emotis sent me a fun art card from MOMA.

#29 @melvnoble sent a cool card from the Chinese National Room in the Learning Cathedral at U Pitt. I’ve always wanted to go inside there.

#30 @RockyRoadTrip sent me a card of Santa at work, hard at work!

Thank you all! And thank you @cawindt for keeping track of all of this!!!

1 Like

Thanks for keeping the group informed, @ladybug513. Take care of yourself!

2 Likes

#2 reporting

#23 @suatelier Thank you Charlotte for this cute Christmas card. :christmas_tree: I’m definitely going to stay warm, haha! I don’t care if I look like the younger brother of Ralphie in “A Christmas Story.” :laughing:

#29 @melvnoble Thank you Mel for the interior of the Nationality Room. I’m glad you had a great time!

#'s 1 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 14 - 18 - 23 & 24 have been mailed.

Update completed! :disappointed_relieved:

And January is open!

1 Like

#22 I think i forgot to mention all my cards were sent.

#28 reporting cards:

From: #2 @CrimsonKing a beautiful, nicely decorated front door from Lantern Press. My front door looks just like this. Except it’s green, has no transom, no railings, and no wreath :joy: It does however have beautiful pineapple light fixtures on either side of the door, a larger than life nutcracker guy on the porch and a garland above the door.

#3 @Cruzin hands wrapping packages with a cup of hot cocoa and candy canes. Many people mentioned they had no religious cards to share but really that wasn’t the point of my “challenge”. It was just meant to be a welcoming of any kind of religious cards since so many people are adamantly opposed to them. So, you did have a nice sticker!

#4 @Jenhart Pizza on Earth - Pepperoni Version My question is, are there other versions? My favorite holiday movies are: It’s A Wonderful Life; White Christmas; National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. Many others as well but those are the prime 3. I’ve already watched them once so far. Your song Feliz Navidad reminds me that recently we went to a Christmas pageant of my 3 year old granddaughter’s preschool. They were adorable of course. They sang that song and I carefully watched them sing and they were saying Feliz Nabidad.
(I guess you had to be there).

#7 @alcott1 a vintage replica of Santa overlooking 2 girls playing with dolls. I love the variety of vintage reprints available.

#10 @emotis Large letter Seasons Greetings I bet you’re counting the days until January! I live 13 miles from my grands. It takes a solid 30 minutes to get there in all kinds of traffic so not really around the corner but close enough! No complaints here.

#11 @Sarahgrab1 a very cute holiday card. I’m completely ready for Christmas. We started using Giftster a few years ago which randomly assigns names. There are only 8 of us so we each get one name. People are supposed to add gift suggestions or links to their profile. You can buy from that or not. My two grandkids aren’t included in the swap so everyone will get them something (they are only 3 y/o and 9 months. This year, for the first time in my life we didn’t put up a tree because we’re not hosting. The only thing I have left to do is make a lasagne dinner for a friend who is hosting a bunch of out-of-town relatives and is totally stressed out. I’ll do that tomorrow.

#15 @RhondaLou Christmas tree with bunny and present holding hedgehog. I also had a chocolate chip cookie disaster when I was a teen. I put in baking powder instead of baking soda. Needless to say, not great.

#22 @uconn The bonus card arrived with a good pickle postmark from Oneco Florida.

#24 @roxy a vintage reprint of Santa emptying his toy sack for 2 children. All the best to you too!

#29 @melvnoble RPPC of The Greek Nationality Room in the Cathedral of Learning at the Univ of Pittsburgh. Strive always for nobility and excellence!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip Mary and Baby Jesus with “A Rosary of Christmas Wishes”. I’m not Catholic either (I’m a Lutheran) so Mary is not really the pre-imminent figure in our worship.

3 Likes

#21 Reporting

Received: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20, 23, 24, 25, 28, 29, 30

Not Received Yet: 1, 7, 8, 13, 18, 19, 22, 26, 27

#2 @CrimsonKing sent a Christmas postcard with vintage holiday lights. Yes we are looking forward to all the Christmas magic with the kiddos!

#3 @Cruzin sent a California Christmas postcard. Since I grew up in California I especially enjoyed this one. Thank you!

#4 @jenhart sent a Christmas postcard. Margaritas and lights sound like a fun time! Your car arrived with a cute snowglobe postmark.

#6 @mikeyz1 sent a cute pink Christmas card. I love Christmas with kiddos. Hope you and your daughter have a magical one!

#9 @WrenAtTheBeach sent a cute Santa postcard. My favorite traditions are going to Christmas eve mass with the family and a slow lazy Christmas morning opening gifts. Merry Christmas :christmas_tree:

#10 @emotis send a Disney Christmas postcard. I love this! First Disney postcard that I’ve ever received!!

#11 @sarahgrab1 sent a cute Christmas postcard of a lady reading next to her cat. Yes we are excited for Christmas. Its going ro be a quiet stay home just us and the kids this year and Im actually excited to have a slow lazy Christmas morning! Merry Christmas.

#12 @Yarn-Lady sent a Santa postcard. Your card arrived with a cute 2023 Christmas tree snowglobe postmark from the post office. Merry Christmas

#14 @Hazygirl sent a Santa and reindeer on the beach postcard. Your card arrived with a cute snowman in a snowglobe postmark from the postcard. Merry Christmas

#15 @RhondaLou sent a holiday bear postcard. I love that you love old cards too! Ive told my friends and co workers all about my amazing vintage card finds. Im sure theyre sick of it haha Merry Christmas

#16 @jacieslar sent a staned glass manger scene card. Its beautiful! Ill be adding this to my card wall for the Christmas season. We love pulling our travel trailer to your area of the state for weekend get aways with the kids! Merry Christmas

#20 @RobinP sent a church in the snow postcard. So beautiful. Hope you catch that little critter. Never a dull moment with children. Merry Christmas

#23 @suatelier sent a vintage photo santa card your card arrived with a Christmas tree snow globe postmark from the post office. Merry Christmas

#24 @roxy sent a vintage Santa photo card. I love all the unique plane stamps. Merry Christmas

#25 @jocrafts sent a Christmas postcard. Sounds like you have a fun month ahead of you making memories! We are going to have a slow quiet Christmas staying here with just the kiddos. Merry Christmas

#28 @TwoDoggies sent a unique square Christmas postcard. We love the magic of Christmas and keep making magical memories with our kiddos! Merry Christmas!

#29 @melvnoble sent a unique cathedral card. Id love to travel and see things like this. I bet is was amazing. Merry Christmas

#30 @Rocky3000 sent a beautiful gold and white holiday postcard. I love the religious stamps you added. Just beautiful! Merry Christmas

8 Likes

#3 received

#7 @alcott1 Beautiful vintage Xmas card!

#10 @emotis Awesome Tausendschoen card!!!

#14 @Hazygirl Nice nighttime reindeer scene!

#22 @uconn Winter in MN! With lots of Bethlehem postmarks!!

#24 @roxy OMG - what a great card!!! Where did you find it? Love the decor on the back too!

#29 @melvnoble the Armenian Nationality Room at the University of Pittsburgh!

Thank you all for the great cards, words, holiday wishes!!!

2 Likes

#3 @Cruzin – Happy Holidays Nutcracker scene–makes my holiday happy!

#4 @jenhart – Merry Christmas reindeer–so lovely!

#12 @Yarn-Lady – Santa and a carful of toys. A lot of children will be happy!

#13 @ladybug513 – Christmas poinsettia–I have to ask where you found the Hallmark Christmas card?
None of the stores in my area have them. (Postcard show?)

#14 @Hazygirl – Cute Santa Claus. I think I’m ready for Christmas, but I’m sure there’s something I have forgotten.

#20 @RobinP – Alaskan igloo–that looks really cold!

#24 @roxy – Vintage Christmas greetings. I love the stamps!

#28 @TwoDoggies – Snowman soup. I love your story about the fruitcake. That’s the kind of cooking mistake I make all too often.

#29 @melvnoble – Czechoslovak Nationality Room, University of Pittsburgh–I noticed the other Nationality Rooms you sent this month–such an interesting set!

Thank you all for the great postcards. Happy Holidays!

1 Like

All of my cards were sent on 12/9/23

**NARR December 2023 **
Report # 2

#17 @yoiyumtewa: sent a humorous holiday card depicting what would end up being one heck of a long night for that rideshare driver! But maybe it’s more economical than boarding reindeer all year? Thanks!

#19 @ellistrations: sent a British holiday stamp card depicting the nativity scene. Nice set of religious holiday stamps to match. Yes, as you look back over the years, holiday celebrations do eventually evolve, not always for the best, sadly. Thanks!

#20 @RobinP: sent an inadvertently funny card of the SUNY Albany art gallery. You’re right, it’s a horrible shot and, jeesh, could they at least have tried to light it!? Haha, I actually like the inclusion of the NY Thruway exit on the back. There are a lot of exits in the State’s capital; it’s nice to know which one leads you to this mess! Thanks!

#21 @CaliSunshine: sent a holiday card featuring festive ribbon and ornaments. No unique traditions to speak of here. I used to try to watch the grim, Alastair Sim, movie version of The Christmas Carol on Christmas eve. But I’d always end up falling asleep and they’ve pretty much stopped airing it! Haha. Thanks!

#22 @Uconn: sent a dumpy-looking Santa posing in front of his sleigh (and fake reindeer) at the Santa’s Workshop in Cascade, Colorado. Nice addition to my Santa Lands collection. And I just love the Christmas Pickle hand cancellation! I read about these offerings. Thanks for going through the effort of getting it!

#24 @Roxy: sent a terrific holiday greeting card from the Brady Family! That Mike Brady, was so thoughtful in getting the family photo staged. Although I’m sure it was Carol tasked with addressing and mailing them! Candy canes on the iconic horse statue and, gasp, actual tinsel on the tree! Hilarious. Thanks!

#25 @JoCrafts: sent a classy-looking deer made from festive patterns. Wow! It sounds like you have an action-packed holiday season planned! Oh, but I don’t miss that holiday family chaos. I’m happy to be doing next to nothing! Thanks!

#26 @Sarahaeyo: sent an Xmas card that really captures the reason for the season; re-electing our dethroned president of course! That would be some Christmas miracle! Anwyay, it was so great meeting you at the NYC meetup! Lots of laughs for sure. Hope you have a lot of fun (and no trivia sheets) this holiday! Thanks!

#28 @TwoDoggies: sent a card that redefines the chief purpose of goldfish. It’s true, you never hear about them in their natural habitats. Just in Ziplock bags and toilets! Sadly! Glad to see your Church gig has some perks! Mexican / Indian is a fusion I have not enjoyed yet. Thanks!

#29 @MelVnoble: sent the German version of Krampus, Belsnickel, who helps Santa determine which kids are naughty and nice. The one depicted here looks downright academic, sharing his “list” with the children to see. Belsnickel is also usually depicted as furry and with horns. This guy looks like he had a makeover with a shave and a cap to hide his “antlers”. Very interesting stuff. Thanks!

Thanks everyone! Happy Holidays!

All my December cards have been sent.

Rocky Road Trip #30

4 Likes

#22 uconn

#18 @LaurenceB great vintage card, cave find.
Thanks! Cool stamps

1 Like

26 received: 3, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 29
3 @Cruzin - thank you for the wizard of oz christmas postcard! :crown: it is such a shame that these were discontinued; it is such a gorgeous illustration style :sob:

10 @emotis - thank you so much for the a christmas carol phq postcard; love these so much! :tophat: love shopping local, as well; hope you had some good finds :shopping: happy holidays~

12 @Yarn-Lady - thank you for the close-up illustrated view of saturn and for introducing me to this box set :ringer_planet::sparkles: it is so lovely and love the stylization!

14 @HazyGirl - this cover made me laugh a bit ( it reminds me a bit of this emoji lmao :exploding_head:); thank you! i hope you enjoyed the play that you went to; your niece sounds really talented i would be so afraid of heights! :ballet_shoes:

15 @RhondaLou - happy holidays; thank you so much for this adorable owl postcard :owl:i am so glad you enjoyed your time in boston! :two_hearts: if we have an abundance of something, it is historical sites haha

16 @jacieslar - thank you so much for the christmas postcard; the light parade sounds like such a wonderful local tradition! :christmas_tree: our official christmas tree and lighting ceremony is gifted to us by the province of nova scotia in honour of boston’s emergency response to the 1917 halifax explosion; the whole tradition is just so wholesome :two_hearts:

17 @YOIYUMTEWA - thank you so much for the penguin bookcover postcard!:droplet: the cover looks so intriguing; love the illustration style! :sparkles:

29 @melvnoble - thank you so much for the titina christmas postcard (with the adorable caption haha)! :cat2: we are also keeping it simple; have my sister flying in for the weekend and headed to spend the day at the art museum! :framed_picture: happy holidays!

thank you everyone for the wonderful messages, postcards, decorations and stamps! :love_letter:

3 Likes

#14 hazygirl reporting

#18 @LaurenceB Sent an awesome sea mermaid. So cute I love it!

1 Like

#2 reporting

#30 @RockyRoadTrip Thank you Rocky for the Krampus card. Haha, I hope he doesn’t find me, I don’t like being constricted in any way, shape or form (can thank my sisters for that, jerks lol). I dig your stamp and the Snoopy and Gang stickers on the back. :blush:

3 Likes

#28 reporting one more card received from

#14 @Hazygirl a painting of an Angel Playing a Harp. My religious cards are in an album called Religious Themed

1 Like

I actually did buy a booklet of the Poinsettia postcards in a Hallmark store, but it was so, so many years ago. I seem to remember buying it in the after Christmas sale. You’re right though - they no longer carry postcards. I’m pretty sure I’ve just sent you my last one! I really liked this one.

All of my postcards are now written and going to the post office this afternoon! Phew!

1 Like