[RR] North American December 2022 Round Robin - The End of the Year Edition - Closed

#17 reporting 2 cards. I just found 2 cards in a pile of papers that I forgot to report for December…and they are great cards

#1 @cawindt Sage Library in Bay City. What an interesting looking place

#20 @beatriceh night scene of “The North Pole” with snow covered trees going off into the distance

1 Like

#23 reporting:

#1 @cawindt thank you for the Michigan card! I hope you’ve been well and that the winter storm hadn’t affected you much

#11 @anon15095882 thank you for the cute snowman card - I’m glad that it’s still smiling despite having a lit lamp right beside it

#13 @ladybug513 thank you for the hot chocolate card! My fav winter comfort drink. Happy New Year!

#28 @TwoDoggies thank you for the Loupaper card and the Christmas quote!

#29 @melvnoble thank you for the santa card! I’ve also never seen that movie! My traditional movie for Christmas was Sound of Music as it was always on TV during that time!

18 reporting!

20 @beatriceh Thank you SO very much for this amazing treehouse!!! It is such an awesome card indeed! I am SO happy to add it to my collection :smiley: I love the Christmas stamps as well! We’re lucky to still be off from work until the 9th!

28 @TwoDoggies Thank you very much Terri for the awesome Xmas roadside attraction! I think work is SUPPOSED to interfere with life haha :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: Until I win the lottery life will be such haha :wink:

1 Like

#13 here with great postcards from:

#3 @cruzin - Such a cute bundled up bird on ice skates. Thank you for him and the great Christmas trimmings! I’m sitting here thinking about what a pain it will be to undecorate the tree and the house. I hope it doesn’t take 7 days!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade - Thank you for the three very cute Christmas gnomes and the quote from the Grinch! One of our favorite holiday books/movies. Here’s to another year of postcards and friendship.

#14 @dnrhott - Thank you for the lovely red River Lily and for the holiday wishes! I am always tempted to buy an amaryllis or paperwhites since they are so prevalent in the grocery stores. But, I suspect I’d kill it! So, in the store it remains! Love the sticker and washi!

#15 @SecretCityGrl - Thank you for the festive Christmas package! I buy Advent calendars for my grandchildren, but they are filled with candy!

#18 @LaurenceB - I love this card and wish it were available as a jigsaw puzzle! Thank you so much! Great washi, sticker and postage, too. It’s too bad you can’t continue to WFH only. My husband and I and some of the grands have been sick off and on with a nasty virus which has left everyone exhausted, too. Here’s to a healthier New Year!

#19 @ellistrations - Thank you for this adorable Christmas card and all the decorations on the flip side! I made my first batch of gingerbread men this year. I have to admit I’m not a fan of gingerbread, but my oldest granddaughter needed them for a classroom party. I’m told they were a success! Good thing because they were a bugger to make!

#21 @Sunshein - Thank you very much for the Bass Rock lighthouse and your holiday wishes! Can you imagine being that lightkeeper? I’m reading that it was also once the home of a castle and a prison. So isolated! Good thing the lighthouse is now automated.

#24 @roxy - Thank you for the cute Christmas card and your holiday wishes. Great postage stamps, washi and stickers, too! We had a very nice holiday which included a ride on the “Polar Express” in -10C weather! The train ride with Santa was great. Getting off and blown around by winds in such cold weather, not so much. It was COLD!

#26 @sarahaeyo - Thank you very much for this lovely Japanese woodblock print with kimono! Cute stickers and nice washi, too! I also really wish it would snow. All we seem to get is rain. I love when it snows. Funny story. When our son was in college in Boston, he had the chance to visit friends in Florida during a winter break. In his absence, it snowed like crazy - a really big storm! He flew back to Boston in shorts and flip flops. Traffic was pretty much at a standstill and he spent a lot of time walking and stopping at other colleges along the way to bum warmer clothing off of friends. He pays attention to weather reports now when he travels!

5 Likes

#23 reporting

#9 @volvomom thank you for the postcrossing meetup card! I really love the design. Hope you had fun there back in August

#20 @beatriceh thank you for the Loupaper Christmas card! I hope you enjoyed Christmas with your cats. I too have spent it with a cat! (And some humans sprinkled throughout)

2 Likes

#8 Shesa-Renegade reporting in after my vacation. My son and I took a 2-week cruise through the Panama Canal and had an amazing time! I bought a half-ton of postcards, so get ready to see those! Thanks for being patient with me to complete this next report of my December cards.

#1 @cawindt sends a card from Bay City! Don’t you love it when you find a new local postcard source? I have only a couple, but I really enjoy visiting them.

#9 @volvomom made me an amazing map/pizza card! This pizza sounds delicous!

#13 @ladybug513 sends a gorgeous card of an amaryllis. I love the very tasteful glitter accents on the front of the card. I bet the winter concert was great!

#20 @beatriceh sends a card with a delicious looking Christmas tree cupcake. I don’t know if I could eat that much icing…HAHA. One of my favorite icing toppings is the crushed sugar dust that you mention on your card. Like you, I like that crunchy texture compared to the smooth icing. Delicious!

To Receive: 10, 28

3 Likes

18 reporting!

9 @volvomom Thank you for the super fun Statue of Liberty stamp card!! We spent New Year’s Eve and New Year Day under the rain as well… And last night we got 10 cm of snow!

1 Like

Updated!

Unfortunately, it appears that nikniknik367 is no longer participating in Postcrossing, as her profile has been deleted. The good news is that it appears that she did send all of her cards. The bad news is that there were still many that we sent that will remain unreported.

26 received: 20, 28 (all!)

20 @beatriceh - an adorable christmas-themed sesame street postcard with matching vintage christmas stamps (love the cross-stitched one!) :christmas_tree: thank you for the well-wishes and i hope you enjoyed your time off for the holidays :two_hearts:outside of postcrossing, i dont have any pen pals but i regularly write to several friends on this forum (ex. this rr!)

28 @TwoDoggies - hahaha i loved your “ditto” message! thank you for the christmas-theme “keep calm” postcard :sparkles: i hope you had a wonderful holiday as well :two_hearts:

1 Like

#8 Shesa-Renegade reporting that #28 @TwoDoggies sent a gorgeous glittery card of holiday ornaments. I am with you on buying postcards. On my recent vacation I bought almost 100, and on my summer vacation I bought almost 300! I just can’t help myself…HAHA.

To Receive: 10

I know I always shock myself when I get back from my travels and I pull out the various bags of postcards and watch the pile grow! :laughing:

1 Like

#25 has received all!

#9 @volvomom hahaha civil disobedience card about gulls being outlawed. This is great! :rofl:

#13 @ladybug513 I also adore how you line your cards and how neat your handwriting is, Susan! A lovely snowman scene with snowmen holding on for dear life in the wind. Delightful stamps and stickers, too! My holidays are now wrapping up belatedly, as my parents are flying home tomorrow. It was filled with love and laughter–always great and fulfilling.

#18 @LaurenceB What a beautiful snowy apartment scene. You have the most gorgeous postcards, decorations (washi! Stickers! Stamps!) and handwriting with such fully written cards. It always feels like a warm hug with hot cocoa. :heart: I’m so sorry however to hear how hard going back to work has been. Sick kids… such long commutes… I hope your winter break was somewhat of a reprieve.

#21 @Sunshein What a lovely Florida greetings! I love the decorations, too. Thank you for sharing your Christmas traditions.

#28 @TwoDoggies What a lovely vintage postcard view. Thank you for the decorations and your lovely quote—even by you! :rofl:

Thank you all for a lovely holiday season of warm wishes coming to my mailbox!

4 Likes

#24 reporting

Thank you to:

#9 @volvomom for the great tiger illustration! I’m so impressed you still have that first postcard from your grandparents. I wish I still had mine!

1 Like

#8 Shesa-Renegade with the final card for this RR! @emotis sends a great card from the Cincinnati Zoo. I really want to get up there and see Fiona and Fritz!

#24 reporting

Several postcards showed up in my mailbox today that were mailed in December! Including a sweet Christmas one from @beatriceh Better late than never! Thank you!

1 Like

Updated!

#23 reporting

Wow at long last, I finally received #25 @jocrafts ! It came in perfect condition so I’m not sure where it went. Thank you for the Christmas card! The two 80inch reindeer must’ve been an amazing sight to see at night.

1 Like

Wowza!! THAT took the LONG route, but I’m glad it made it safe and sound :slight_smile:

Also… the deer fell during every storm so we’re going to have to figure something out for next time :cry:

2 Likes

Delete

2 Likes

@RhondaLou - This is the December 2022 RR. Be sure to report these in the December 2023 RR. You can simply copy and paste and then delete your post here.

https://community.postcrossing.com/t/rr-north-american-december-round-robin-2023-the-multitudes-of-holidays-edition-closed