[RR] North American December 2020 Round Robin - New Location, All the Fun Edition - Closed

#17 received cool card today from:

#10 emotis a UK ‘stamp card’, A Christmas Carol (1843) illustration labeled “The Prize Turkey”–a farmer carrying a huge turkey following a little guy in tails and a top hat, being watched by a dog. My favorite of the Christmas Carol versions is “An American Christmas Carol” (1979) starring Henry Winkler, set during the Depression. James Stewart and “It’s a Wonderful Life” are a big deal here in Stewart’s hometown. But of the movies of Stewart that I’ve seen, it’s my least favorite (probably because I’ve seen it so often, and was never a huge fan of it anyway). One of my favorites of his is Rear Window

#5 with more cards:

#1 @cawindt – a very cool photo of Half Dome at Yosemite National Park – the view across the snowfield makes it unique. Thanks! I’ve been to Yosemite, but it’s been – yikes! – thirty years. Your sourdough makes my mouth water.

#12 @Yarn-Lady – very pretty illustration of a lion and a lamb – season appropriate! Thank you. I don’t like winter much either, but I prefer snow to ice. Everything’s been snow-covered here the past few days. I’m hoping it will melt a bit today.

#19 @ellistrations – a Christopher Arndt dog detective – I’m a dog-lover; thank you! My holidays have been small the last few years – only my daughter and granddaughter are nearby. So not much difference to me now. Sorry for everyone used to large gatherings! But next year promises to be better.

My thanks to:
#1 @cawindt Jefferson’s graveiste at Monticello. I visited Monticello when I was in elementary school. I really don’t remember much. But I do recall that the gift shop gave change in $2 bills. (I haven’t much changed… I was clearly in the gift shop buying post cards!)
#3 @cruzin Enjoy your crab legs Christmas dinner!! My favorite part about crab legs is the enormous amount of melted butter!
#21 @beachyblonde Christmas LP door. I have 3 sons and it seems like everytime they come in from outside, they slam the door, and our wreath goes flying. Good times. :roll_eyes:
#26 mebertram pretty wintry scene. I can’t quite make out the artist, but it remind me of illustrations from a Hans Christiam Andersen book I had when I was litt.e
#30 @RockyRoadTrip A group of people in a bar with no social distancing or masks!! A long ago memory… Here’s hoping 2021 will redeem this year!

To receive: 4, 11, 14, 16, 20, 24, 28

@mebertram #26 a cute holiday card. I would love to pet a reindeer. Actually there is supposedly a reindeer farm nearby, though I’ve never visited.

Thank you all for the fabulous cards that arrived last week. Just two more days of teaching and then I’ll have a nice week and a half break from teaching. It is much needed this year! Thanks to:

#2 @ChristineC - I love to adorable cat card!! We have no tree up this year, but when we do, the cats love to explore the gifts. Fortunately, Phoebe has gotten over her desire to take naps up in the tree! And yes, even just a few days of rest…albeit in the same location…will be welcome! I love the stamp with the oxen as well.

#3 @Cruzin for the cheerful “Let It Snow” snowman card. We still have no snow here in my part of Michigan. This is the year it could snow 5 feet and I wouldn’t care…as I go nowhere! The cat sticker is adorable.

#6 @mikeyz1 for the lovely Christmas card. I’m so sorry to hear about your colleague. I’m more than ready to turn the page on this year. Let’s move onto a new volume of the book! Great vintage stamps.

#9 @mere5oh for the awesome cat-themed Christmas card. I love that series of music stamps from the 90s. There are really no good decisions regarding education to be made this year. We all have to make the decisions that are best for us. I just found out that teachers will be in the next round of vaccinations, so hopefully this will be the beginning of returning to normal.

#12 @Yarn-Lady for the cute card with cats forming a Christmas tree. Yeah, no snow here yet either. We seem to get less snow and colder temperatures.

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA for yet more adorable cats under a tree! I hope that spring gets here soon…along with the vaccine!

#21 @Beachyblonde for the great card with matching stamp!! (I appreciate the effort that took!) Hosting this is my pleasure, as it feels like I’m doing my part to create a community :slight_smile:

#25 @jocrafts for the humorous Santa card. I love all of the vintage Christmas stamps! Thanks for the well-wishes and the beautifully adorned card.

#26 @mebertram for the great vintage Santa card.

#29 @melvnoble for the fabulous vintage photo of winter baseball. When I was a kid, I loved sledding, snowball fights, and building snow forts. Now…I’ll enjoy all that from the comfort of my home, looking through a window. LOL

Thank you for all of the fun cards!

1 Like

December has been updated! January is now open! [RR] North American January 2021 Round Robin - New Year Edition

#25 jocrafts here with many fun good-ness:

#1 @cawindt–a fun Covid Hanukkah postcard! I have actually never received a Hanukkah postcard, and I love that this one is so 2020.

#2 @ChristineC–A beautiful vintage Christmas postcard. Thank you!

#6 @mikeyz1–What a fun hedgehog in cups postcard. I also really love the Helene Madison swimmer stamp with the description. So far we are clear on the Covid front. In fact, we just got the vaccine! Hopefully, it stays that way.

#7 @treeclimber–What a beautiful sparkly ornament goodness oversized postcard. I have been enjoying admiring my tree with my contacts out in the evening because everything looks blurry or, but this card manages to capture the blurry beauty of poor vision better than real life! Because… glitter. :stuck_out_tongue:

#10 @emotis–A yoga Santa! I think I sent out a couple of postcards with yoga Santa stickers. :santa:t4: What beautiful decorations, too!

#12 @Yarn-Lady-- What a beautiful vintage Christmas scene. I absolutely adore the coziness of all of this. I think every moment in the postcard captures something that gets me super reminiscent. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

#13 @ladybug513–an adorable water color holiday hot cocoa mug with such a cool pattern! Thank you.

#15 @AccentOnHakes-- yessssssssss!! THE ultimate corny postcard :rofl: :joy:

Also, you got the Santa postmark!!! I keep meaning to do that sometime during the holidays, but life gets too busy to make a trip there.

#19 @ellistrations–A very adorable winter owl postcard. This is the perfect season for them!

#21 @Beachyblonde–What a fun typography Christmas postcard. Every one of these phrases makes me so happy. This most definitely counts as a list!!! What a busy age group of kids you have. I’m sorry the side gig is going slowly, but it sounds like staying busy is still good!

#22 @littleredtamale–What a wonderful Christmas wish. Thank you!

#27 @PamUSAOhio
A fantastic Christmas wish! We just had our first snow, too, and I love it.

#29 @melvnoble–Time is flying! I adore this glass goblet sketch. I have been eyeing new dish ware at Crate and Barrel (some of their Frank Lloyd Wright stuff is gorgeous) and this reminds of that.

Thank you all!

1 Like

#29 Two merry postcards have arrived after a dry spell of no mail!

#21 @Beachyblonde - Icy Merry Christmas! I also think it’s neat to hear about other holiday traditions! I have the quirky things I like to do just like everyone else! Thanks!

#22 @littleredtamale - “Have yourself a Merry little Christmas!” Such a holly jolly card! I appreciate every bit of holiday cheer this season. Thanks!

1 Like

I mailed mine in! Unfortunately the postmark is only available until the 24th so I think it’s a little late unless you manage to drive down…apparently they let you postmark it yourself and that sounds super fun. Maybe next year.

Oh, true–I forgot you can mail it to them. I still want to make the trek myself… and visit the amusement park; I’ve heard so many wonderful things about it! One day, post-COVID shennanigans perhaps.

#3 rec’d

#1 @cawindt Peace on Earth! Just when you thought your time was up! Hopefully the extra days you get back at the end!
#4 @Angeldreamer Gnomes from Oologah! Great card!
#5 @carolreader Creep Christmas - turnip man! What an awesome Christmas card!! Love it!
#14 @MeaganMS Very cute illustration! I think my favorite cookies right now are these ones that come from a separated mix in a mason jar from Trader Joe’s. Reminds me of Kitchen Sink cookies
#21 @Beachyblonde Xmas LP I have not ever seen before! Happy Holidays!
#30 @RockyRoadTrip Flying penguins, penguin on a scooter wearing a Santa hat! Awesomeness!!!

Thank you all for such wonderful holiday cards!!

#19 ellistrations received

#3 @Cruzin - “Let it Snow” snowman, thank you! Haha, I miss nouns, too!

#5 @carolreader - squirrel in a Santa hat with a large drink, thank you! This card is too cute, I am happy to receive it! I love squirrels and they’re so fun to photograph. I’m happy to hear the squirrels around you are well fed!

Some wonderful cards to report:

#7 @treeclimber sent a beautiful shot of milk and cookies. I could really go for some homebaked cookies right now.

#10 @emotis sent a large letter Season’s Greetings card. So fun!!

#12 @Yarn-Lady sent a pretty card encouraging me to Enjoy the wonder of the season. I will!

#19 @ellistrations sent another Lego card… this one is bees and honey. The only bees I’ve ever liked! :slight_smile: It’s amazing what they can do with Lego.

Thanks everyone!

#17 received some cool cards today

#5 carolreader Terminal Tower, Cleveland…lit up in holiday colors, and with a tall Christmas tree in front of it, lit with blue and green lights, and large white star decorations.

#14 MeaganMS large letter “Greetings from Grand Canyon National Park” card. I too like those large tubs/tins of Christmas cookies/candies. They remind me of childhood.

#15 Accentonhakes Amish in Ohio card. No, Karen, didn’t see that picture of Amish buggy loaded up with TP. The Amish are an interesting group. Lancaster County is biggest area for the Amish and Mennonites in PA, but the county where I live has several growing communities.

#27 PamUSAOhio received 2 cards today.

#3 cruzin sent a Merry Christmas ornament card. Thank you, Lori, and good luck with the cooking!

#5 carolreader sent a cute Christmas card with three puppies in front of a tree. Thank you, Carol!

To receive: 2, 4, 8, 9, 11, 14, 15, 16, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 28, 30

#16 received cards from:

Thanks, all and happy holidays!

1 Like

#7 treeclimber checking in…

#1 @cawindt - Central College with a cool statue and vintage stamps. sorry you missed your 25th reunion. best wishes for a happy 2021 :slight_smile:

#1 @cawindt – Beautiful Denali Park and the highest mountain in North America
#11 @TandemStoker – Cute Christmas cover of Nature Magazine, Jan. 1934. The cover price of the magazine was 34c–Wow!
#15 @AccentOnHakes – Sweet “Walk With Me in Moonlight” card. Thank you for the note about Steven Jobs. I didn’t know that.
#23 @Aanne – Little girl celebrating Christmas with her dog. So cute!
Thank you! Merry Christmas!

My cards are finally sent! I’ve received some awesome cards and will post updates for that ASAP!

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season and let’s PLEASE have a better 2021!

1. ChristineC

More cards to report!
Received from:
5. carolreader an illustration of bookstore at Christmas time – I hope too it’s not closed forever!
19. ellistrations a view of Postano – my parents’ favorite place in Italy!
24. roxy a cute Christmas vintage card that says it all: Home for Christmas!

Thank you all for the great cards and stamps, the cute stickers and the kind words!