[RR] US to US Themes RR - CLOSED. Join NEW RR!

117 Mountains
@Cinpy Banff! Thank you! I think my parents took me to Banff when I was a baby but I haven’t been back, so as far as my memory is concerned I haven’t ever been. Yes, you are correct about my last name.

1 Like

My cards for 120 and 122 are ready to go out

Group 123 is on its way!

1 Like

123 is in the mail!

1 Like

Group 123

@CrimsonKing Thank you for the Christmas card with the cute little Christmas trees. Merry Christmas!

1 Like
117 @Cinpy Banff National Park…massive aerial mountain view! I would hate to get lost in that area! (I am always happy to direct swap, and to swap unused cards if that is what you want as well…I have a huge variety and we can send 2oz to Canada for the same price as one card)
120 @jocrafts a vintage fish biology painting, my dad liked fish and was into salmon and tilapia and now he won’t eat any of it. I do not like fish….my mom would force me to eat the fish sticks as a child and I would want to just puke….I haven’t really had any fish since I came back from Australia in 93. lol I supposed I will be in trouble if anything happens to the chicken population. haha
122 @jocrafts scavenger hunt theme- you picked great cards for all of these! Re:Sacajawea, I think in my women’s history class we talked about her being ‘married’ to one of the explorers…but as history was written by men back then we really don’t know if it was a marriage of choice, but I seem to remember that it was generally considered her choice to go with them. re:monopolies…I definitely try to keep my money in my community if at all possible! re:forum…I am still getting used to it, but my goodness the bookmark feature was difficult to find and get going! happier now that I can go to my bookmarks like my old favorites page
122 @MeaganMS lovely cards for all of your selections too!! (love how the wolf is hiding in the woods and it relates to your story of your parents encountering a bear in the woods!!! Yikes!!!) (re pumpkin bread–love it!!! I have never had Starbucks’ version but will have to try it for sure!) re card recommendations…I love the cards from grapeart.com–and I notice you have some! LOVE the keep calm card and sending you hugs and prayers…this year has not been kind to so many :frowning:
123 @CrimsonKing neat homemade card made with some santa graphic paper :santa:!!!
130 @CrimsonKing cute lady piper from the 12 days of xmas. (I still need to send my cards for this group I believe…they will be done this week! I have to make my homemade cards too, at least I know what I am making already :slight_smile: )

all of my cards are sent except for the xmas group and the xmas homemade group. Those will go out in the next day or so. Merry Christmas everyone!!!

2 Likes

@Angeldreamer Charlottesville, VA! Thanks! I have been online since the end of October and will continue to be through April. Although, we only met in person once a week before October. I think the entire spring semester (up to late May) is supposed to be online for those taking lecture courses, but since that’s not me I’m not 100% sure about that. With the vaccine coming out (Moderna got recommended for EUA today, no surprises there) I think it is likely that universities will have in-person classes next year. Not sure how they are going to handle elementary/middle/high school, seeing as Pfizer is approved for 16+ and Moderna is adults only. I’ve heard about the insane package delays at USPS. I feel for all you USPS workers…must be triple crazy!

1 Like

group 117:
received from @Angeldreamer, love the view of mountain village, thank you Cynthia

1 Like

#130 is in the mail…

1 Like

Its crazy in my office as a third of the carriers have covid. If one more person gets sick I will be working overtime. Right now I am just helping everyone by taking 2 hours off of each.

Yikes!!

Do you know if you and other USPS employees will qualify to get the vaccine next in the “1b” phase? I think postal workers are definitely key to societal functioning, especially as the general public continues to stay at home. Hopefully things calm down soon as you all work through the holiday backlog.

1 Like

Group 122 updates
@MeaganMS - I hope your husband is doing better after his heart surgery! I have gotten this Jen Selter stay in shape postcard before, and I find it hilarious. My husband likes the view. :wink: I agree this great art card is really really beautiful. I will really need to try some of these Russian postcards. I absolutely adore the messy bun getting stuff done washing tape as well. Thank you for all of the paper recommendations I have such a sensory Thing about pen to paper so I understand. The archive paper feathers are beautiful. Presents to and from grandfolks are the sweetest. I’m glad you parents got a great trip, too. Thank you for the wonderful stack of cards!

Group 125 updates
@Angeldreamer - Postcard of Monticello. I did love 50s skirts. That sounds like a very cute little Halloween costume.

1 Like

I believe we are group 4, but I won’t be getting it…too little testing in my opinion. I get sick from just about anything foreign introduced to me and always have, so I will take my chances with my own immune system. 3 of my coworkers have it now, but I do believe they all went various places for Thanksgiving.

I will make a point of updating this group tomorrow (or um…later today actually) Merry Christmas Eve Eve!!

1 Like

made my cards for 123 and they are going out with 130 today!!

traveling groups are updated. arrow next to my name will take you straight there

current open groups…no change. arrow will take you there. let me know if there is something you want to see. Merry Christmas everyone!! :santa: :christmas_tree: :snowflake: :snowman: :mrs_claus: :santa: :deer: :deer: :deer: :deer: :deer: :deer: :deer: :deer: :deer:

123 from @anon2074034 a fantastic collage with a postal theme. you did a great job! This is the first card I have ever gotten like this and it is wonderful!! (I have always loved that ad with the dressed up dog too!!!) I agree, goodwill is not the best to support but at this time of year, you gotta at least check them out when on the hunt for special items!

1 Like

125 @jocrafts sent a Cinderella card and memories of her costume for a ballet performance of the story. My mom was much the same…we usually got creative with what we already had to make costumes…which is why I was a witch a LOT…who doesn’t own a black dress?! and I only had to add the hat, so one purchase that followed me for many years.

1 Like

Group 130

Received from @SavagePink an adorable puppy and kitten Christmas postcard, thank you Allison! I’m glad you finally got to experience snow since your move. :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake:

1 Like