[RR] Alternative Monthly RR - 2022 - Sign-ups closed

@jocrafts sends a lonely bench in a wintery scene. I don’t make resolutions. I make goals that should be attainable. This year one of my goals is to increase (and log) the books that I read…not counting any that I am reading to my kids, although some of those are long enough I should count them!

@Beachyblonde sends Alaska and Northern Lights My goal is just to get to Alaska!

@salemhouse sends Polar bears. I want to hibernate. But I won’t share our temps here! I don’t know this story but it looks like one I might have to try to find in print just from the glimpses I was able to see from the Library of Congress website.

3 Likes

#7 All cards sent.

1 Like

Happy mail day today for #2, with four January cards received!
#1, @Sunshein - Thank you, Mora, for the fabulous card. We have even more in common. My dad ALWAYS called me Hela. :hugs: Yes, I’ve read the brother’s Grimm and many other tales from so many cultures; started as a very young child. Fairy tales have not yet ‘grown old’, for me, tho I grow old with them… :wink:
#3, @Beachyblonde - everyone loves a fierce bad rabbit in the mail! :wink: Nice stamps, too! My grandchildren have been doing virtual school since their return after the holidays; back to in-class learning next week. Many parents very glad. Some anxious.
#4, @scoutingbear - great choice! Yes … I have a fantasy of world wellness and peace and clean earth. How would Warhol paint that? Nice purple writing! I’ve been nervous about using purple for addresses, wondering if, maybe, postal machines can’t read purple. Clearly, they can … so thanks for this knowledge by example.
#6, @LaurenceB - oh, my, she’s like me: writing away, while daydreaming out the window; especially, now - [AGAIN] - with the new round of restrictions. Thank you for your warm welcome to the RR. My partner was raised in Montreal and we are soooooo missing time with family! I am the token Anglo in the family. :wink: We are the grandparents helping my sons and their families (4 grandchildren). Sometimes tired, but feeling very fortunate to spend so much time with our grandchildren - a benefit of the pandemic. Love the art stamp (that’s an Emily Carr jewel; she’s one of my favourites!) and your decoration … so simple and so elegant. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

#4 @scoutingbear sent the works of author Noreen Lace. I personally know authors and musicians who will never make a living at their art, but continue for the love of the craft, and I am happy to support them. I wish our artist co-op had postcards!

1 Like

Very nice Revolting Rhymes (Roald Dahl) card from @jocrafts! Love your idea of a ‘word’ for 2022. Will put some thought into it, as I don’t do resolutions. I’m more of a short-to-long-term goal-oriented gal. Lovely stamps, too!

1 Like

I have received three wonderful cards!

Thank you so much @HookedonPostcards for the stamp collage card!! I’ve been hoping to get one for a long time hehe :wink:
Thank you so much @jocrafts for the cute monkey card :speak_no_evil: I loveee the flamingo wearing a scarf sticker! I always make the resolution to eat less sugar, which I never even try to keep :joy:
Thank you so much @DCMdVa for the awesome Max & Oscar map!!! WOW!! amazing! and the stamps are the most gorgeous too! I did get some great cards over the holidays as well so stay tuned for the next months hehe :smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

Dear @jocrafts, I’ve decided on a word: ritual; as in, positive, purposeful, meaningful rituals that I commit to each day such as writing first thing in the morning, instead of later in the day. Thanks for the idea! :hugs:

2 Likes

Thank you so much @scoutingbear for this beautiful Lantern Press card! I looked up this park and it looks like a fun place with kids! I am glad I don’t play games on my phone anymore, but when I am bored with my phone I sometimes sign up for more RRs than I can handle :grimacing:

@DCMdVa Our stores are looking pretty bare and we can’t even blame it on snow!
@?? No user name and I’m not organized enough to go find the address list. Fantasia card with lots of history on the title of the film and the symphony.

1 Like

Returned from a weekend away and had three cards in my mailbox:

#2 @HookedonPostcards - Dear Helen, I add strawberries and then add it to fresh made lemonade for strawberry rhubarb lemonade - delicious.
- The only card with cancelled stamp(s)

#3 @Beachyblonde - Dear Whitney, we have the same mail carrier only once a week, the remaining time it changes. The person delivering parcels is usually the same one. In the past we’ve had lots of issues with incorrectly delivered mail. When I received official Department of Justice letters for a person with a very different name in a different part of the town, I made a formal complaint. Since then we’ve been only getting our mail.

#7 @DCMdVa - Dear Penny, your card was cancelled on front and then the ink smudged, but the figurine is plainly visible, thank you. I miss not having to check COVID numbers and which restrictions are in effect before going anywhere very much, though AZ seems to keep on going as if there weren’t a pandemic. It worries me, as I’m in the high risk category, so I am very careful about where we go.

All cards will be posted in a Flickr folder. As soon as I receive the last card, I’ll link the album.

Happy Martin Luther King Day!

3 Likes

What a great word!

1 Like

I received so many of my favorite things in these two cards today!
@Beachyblonde sent a humorous recipe, The Pitcher of Dorian Grey Goose. I think there’s a bottle of vodka around here somewhere…
@DCMdVa sent cats, cows, and chickens on this awesome vintage bookplate card. I love all the heritage breeds.

2 Likes

Thank you so much @salemhouse for the cute squirrel card and book recommendation :slight_smile: My son definitely loved the card hehe!! Awesome stamps too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it possible that the Fantasia card was from @HookedonPostcards ? I didn’t send it and you have received all the other cards :smiley:

Ooops … sorry @scoutingbear for forgetting to put on my username, and @LaurenceB for the inconvenience. Yes, the Sorcerer’s Apprentice came from me. Hope I didn’t forget my user name on other cards!

1 Like

@HookedonPostcards sent a timely thought (unfortunately), as I am exiting my Omicron isolation days. Very mild thanks to triple vaccination. And my husband never got sick.

2 Likes

Huzzah! I’ve received all postcards for January.

#6 @LaurenceB - Dear Laurence, you picked a great postcard and fantastic stamps, which weren’t cancelled.

I’ve uploaded all Alt NARR Jan 22 postcards into a Flickr album and you can see it here:

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing @Sunshein. Lotsa loveliness! :purple_heart:

5 jocrafts erceived:

#1 @Sunshein a lovely Tucson, Arizona postcard, lovely pens, lovely paper oragami star/ flower. Hehe for the German humor, too–it really hits the nail on the head with my type of humor. Thank you so much for such a special envelope!

#2 @HookedonPostcards Yay for a Marie Curie postcard! And lovely scientist stickers, too!

#3 @Beachyblonde What a great Create, don’t hate postcard! Definitely a fresh start–I’d agree.

#4 @scoutingbear snow white getting married sketch. You are so right that conceptual art for a story really is a fresh start–isn’t it?

#7 @DCMdVa a Jasmine Becket-Griffith Edgar Allen Poe reference. Oof–hope the kids are ready for school again.

#8 @salemhouse looking for enough time card–how I always feel! How is this so accurate?!?

Thank you all for the smiles in my mailbox again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

#6 @LaurenceB sent a lovely sunny Italy sunbathing coastline card. I am definitely ready for warm weather and Covid-free travel.

All cards have been received!

1 Like