[RR] Alternative Monthly RR - January to June 2023

The rest of my cards (15, 16, 17, and 18) are going out today.

1 Like

I’m all misty that @DCMdVa went through my extensive favorites wall (it’s more of a compound than a wall) until she found a match with a beautiful LouPaper butterflies card. I’m a goner for accurately-illustrated flora. Thank you so much.

Are we supposed to post photos of what we receive? :::scrolling guiltily back through past posts:::

2 Likes

January #15

My cards are in the mailbox - enjoy!

I received my first card
7 @nursegarry - an Oregon Map card – it’s a card I send out, too.

Thank you so much!

3 Likes

All my cards are ready to go and will be mailed out tomorrow :slight_smile: I hope you all like them!!! :heart:

2 Likes

Received from: 7, 8, 10, & 14

Hello all! Received my first bunch from the group!

@nursegarry

I’ve never been to Australia, and while I’d like to visit I’m not sure if I want to take on that flight. I enjoy flying but think it would be too much. Even with the layover I’m sure I’d have to make. But if I could ever teleport over I’d be in!

@DCMdVa

Its funny I got almost the same exact card in a random lot I bought off Etsy that arrived the same day. The cardinals are certainly a fixture in the winter stationary arsenal (who can blame the artists, they’re beautiful :heart:).

@Hazygirl

This adorable little kitten. I’m a sucker for when they do the little tongue blerb.

@Mountain_Mama

This lovely handmade card, featuring a background made on her grandmother’s printing press (I’m totally jealous!!!). This arrived without a stamp so either it fell off or someone along the way decided they wanted it!

4 Likes

#4 reporting:

#7 @nursegarry - a twilight view of Notre Dame Cathedral (before the big fire). I feel lucky to have seen it a long time ago - college days, 1971. I’d like to go back without staying in youth hostels.

#11 @luckycherry - a photo of Treasure Island, the site of the San Francisco World’s Fair, 1939-1940, and interesting history notes on the back.

Thank you both.

3 Likes

I’m #11 and sent all my cards.

1 Like

#2 BeachyBlonde
You guys are doing awesome! I haven’t even thought about sending my cards yet!

I’ve received some though!:

#4 @hootnoodle Thank you for the lovely lighthouse postcard! I love it and I’m jealous you’ve been there!

#8 @DCMdVa Thank you for the wonderful mermaid postcard! I have a goal to send all of my cards for this month before the postage increase as well!

#17 @sleepyhippo1 Thank you for the awesome Dog Boxed set! I need to stop buying postcards too! It’s fun though! haha

2 Likes

Received my first cards!

#7 @nursegarry sends a Georgia O’Keeffe charcoal drawing, I have never heard of alligator pears either! I am looking forward to our move later this year to a city with lots of museums!

#11 @luckycherry sends a beautiful view of the San Francisco Fair on Treasure Island. We have never stopped on the island just passed by over the bridge!

#16 @Ringo16 sends a gorgeous Arizona postcard that was on my favorites wall, I have always wanted to go to Yosemite in the summer when they have the astronomy events but it never works out.

#17 @sleepyhippo1 sends a wonderful vintage night view from the University of Iowa. I’m trying to not buy more postcards or scrapbook supplies until after the big move. I have been told that my paper is heavy…so are those die cast trucks, records and books Mr. Hubby…just saying!!!

4 Likes

I also received my first cards in the mail yesterday :slight_smile:
@DCMdVa send me this awesome peanuts card! I Love it, thank you :heart:

I also loved the joke lol

@nursegarry send me this big hero 6 villain card. Thank you :slight_smile:

@Hazygirl send me a turtle! Thank you !

And @Mountain_Mama send me this cool selfmade card! Thank you!

4 Likes

I almost forgot this cool autumn card from @missedith17 , sorry!

Thank you all so much

2 Likes

#10 @Hazygirl sent a tasty treat card! Thank you and the white chocolate pistachio pound cake sounds amazing.

#3 @missedith17 sent an incredible Royal Cruise Line card of the Golden Odyssey. Thanks so much for a new addition to my ship collection!

#8 I’ve sent all cards for January.

3 Likes

Numbers 1 to 7 in tomorrow’s mail!
I take back everything I said. 18 is a great number of people to write to! :slight_smile:
Thanks @LaurenceB for being the hostess with the mostest.

2 Likes

#5 reporting in. You guys are killing it and my mailbox is groaning under your efforts! There’s 17 cards to expect and 10 have already arrived. OMG!

#3 @missedith17 sent me the bear facts - and now I can distinguish between black bears and grizzlies. I do love cards about nature so thank you my friend! Hiking is good so I hope you get out there too, and if you want to borrow my bear facts card for your safety while hiking, I might be willing to lend it … :smiling_face:

#4 @hootnoodle sent me Mt Rainier from her home state. Every time I visit my son in Seattle I think about hiking Mt Rainier but somehow it hasn’t happened. Maybe because it’s often been rainier than I like (groan!). In any case, thanks for sending the mountain to MoBrillig!

#7 @nursegarry send a crisp b&w Ansel Adams photo of Tenaya Creek, Yosemite National Park. Thank you for that - it brings good memories of hiking Yosemite with my sons when we lived in California. So great that you’re getting lots of travel in this year. We all felt so cooped up over the last few years of pandemic. Safe travels to you!

#8 @DCMdVa sent a soulful red fox in the snow. What a sweetie! Thanks for sharing that story about your dog and the fox. Who needs TV when you have your own nature documentary going on outside your window!

#10 @Hazygirl sent a Greetings From Long Island card which almost makes it look like a beach resort. How cool that one of the featured spots is right near your house!

#11 @luckycherry sent the famous musical trio of Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy. You make me miss my old life in California with your description of all the birdsong in the Bay Area. My father could identify the birds by their song, way more than I could do, but it was such a pleasure to hear them - I’m completely with you on that!

#13 @durangirl sent the hilarious Texan’s Map of USA. Yes, I admit to living in the state of Damnyankeeland. Perhaps some day I will visit you at the World’s Largest Helium Deposits or the World’s Finest Mohair :smiling_face:

#14 @Mountain_Mama sent me a really nice card painted by her son. Thank you for sharing such a precious memento of his childhood! I wish you much luck in pursuing your goal for the year. One day at a time, my friend!

#16 @Ringo16 sent Lightning over Phoenix - I love it! The drama - and you can almost hear the crack of thunder looking at the card. I’m sorry your year so far has been stormy - may 2023 begin to smooth itself out and bring health and joy to you and yours.

#17 @sleepyhippo1 sent four well-dressed horses in haberdashery :womans_hat: :horse: and used all vintage stamps. What a fun card - thanks, my friend!

4 Likes

#4, reporting a good mail day:

#10 @Hazygirl - a poster for “The Factory at Franklin”, built in 1929 for manufacturing, but now used for shops and restaurants.

#14 @Mountain_Mama - a handmade card with a variety of insects, and the patterns left on leaves after they have eaten.

#16 @Ringo16 - views of the county courthouse in Prescott, Arizona, with its inviting plaza.

#17 @sleepyhippo1 - a vintage card of Estes Lake and Estes Park Village, Colorado. Nope, haven’t been there, but a visit to Rocky Mountain National Park is definitely on my bucket list.

Thanks so much, everyone.

3 Likes

I’m adoring my mailbox these days! What joy!

Today I received;
A great Rolling Stones card from @durangirl . I’m a mom of two too! Thanks for the music themed card. I love the black and white washi tape on the back!

I got a really pretty poppy card from @missedith17 . I hope to plant poppy’s this year in my garden. I think I want a variety that I can collect seeds for baking poppy bread. Nice to meet a fellow quilter.

I got this groovy card from @nursegarry . I don’t have any travel plans this year; it’s hard to get away with livestock and big gardens, but I’m hoping to have a few visitors from afar!

I got this amazing Tortilla Oven Bake card from @Ringo16 . I am fairly new to postcrossing, but I will keep these recipe cards separate and I have put these ingredients on my shopping list to make later this week! Yum. I hope to make lots of food suggestions from fellow postcrossers. I love food and music suggestions. Orange is also my favorite color. Thanks!

I got this stunning tomato card from @sleepyhippo1 . This card is perfect for me! I’m sorry you had to give up your garden. It sure is a lot of work! I will strive to get tomatoes this beautiful this year! Thanks for the cool stamps too. What a neat quilting stamp!

And wow! I am so excited by the orange typewriter card from @luckycherry . How incredibly personal to me! This card was made for me🧡. I love love the quilt stamp! The last thing I quilted was inspired by Gees Bend Quilts. Tea pot too! Cool. I looked up the Suan La Fen recipe. I love spicy. The noodles are interesting. I love noodle broth soups. I’ll have to see if my local Asian grocery has those noodles to give it a try! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you to everyone!

6 Likes

#10 hazygirl reporting
@luckycherry sent a USA map. Oddly this is my first one!

#16 @Ringo16 sent a map of Arizona . I agree it is cute.
@sleepyhippo1 sent a vintage Valley Motor Hotel. Ice storms are not fun! Glad you stay home.

4 Likes

As of today I got to report a few more cards :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
@Ringo16 send me this Arizona card with beautiful horses on it

@sleepyhippo1 send me beautiful fall colors , which I also always love

@durangirl send me an interesting card with a bunny in a boat :slight_smile: I hope you didn’t loose power !

And @TwasBrillig send me this cute princess and the frog card

Thank you all so much :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This oversized RR has magically turned Mondays into happy things because holy moly my mailbox.

#16–#>18
Thanks to @Ringo16 for the rad scorpion card that I totally love but that no one else probably wants to see. :wink: Non-sequitur she will understand: This former southerner also misses pecan trees.

#11–>#18
@luckycherry you have lit up my life with this set of scientific illustrations of spider and lobster morphology - and bonus that it’s French language. Goodness, you’ve outdone yourself. Also: that meal you describe! I have rather astonishingly complex eating habits too (I have had Crohn’s Disease for 14 years) but again: bravo. Here’s hoping tomorrow’s chews are 2 hours of absolute delight.

#13–>#18
@durangirl sent a card that taught me all about Modesto, CA, and so I had to look up the Miwok and Tachi-Yokut tribes so I could get a handle on the area. Happy early graduation to your beans! If I had to choose a fave Duran Duran song it would be Rio, but I’ve probably just embarrassed myself by picking a top 40 hit. Sorry about that.

#17–>#18
@sleepyhippo1 sent rad stamps that I’ve never seen before (folk art, Sapporo Olympic games, and LOVE 20c) and a Care Bear sticker showing that she’s probably in my general demographic because that happy-design tummy also does something happy to me. Your gorgeous timber wolf card conjures two specific things for me - one is the freaky coyote group howls that happen almost every night here on the edge of the woods where I live, and the second thing is my daughter listening to Peter and the Wolf on repeat while she was sick last month. When I say I have heard it 1,000 times, I am not exaggerating. And every darn time, I root for the wolf. (I find Peter rather smug.)

AND - #8 thru #17 will be in the mail tomorrow. I’m all done sending this month!

Wishing you joy and overflowing mailboxes.

6 Likes

All of my cards were mailed last week.
Received from
@nursegarry a fancy lady. I have not been to PEI. But it’s on my bucket list.
@DCMdVa a walrus at the point defiance zoo. I love going to smaller zoos. Jellyfish are pretty amazing.
@Ringo16 beautiful havasupai falls. Looks like a great place to visit
@Hazygirl a neat foliage and fruit. I like when cards jump out and are like send me
@durangirl Cumberland falls, beautiful. That’s a long time to go with out rain.
@luckycherry a neat blue fly card. Hopefully the bees will make a strong come back
@Mountain_Mama a fun homemade card. I’m always trying to talk my husband into getting a goat. But so far no luck.

Thank you everyone for all the great cards

6 Likes