[RR] Alternative Monthly RR - 2022 - Sign-ups closed

Good, others have posted before me. Wasn’t sure if we were changing thread or not.

Received: #5 @TwasBrillig - Dear Nancy, thank you for the awesome Zulu basket. I’ve seen some of the work in person and am amazed at the ingenuiety. I had a hard time making a basket with cedar, I wonder what their hands are like at the end of a day.
You mentioned reading a tome. I’ve stopped reading any book that doesn’t catch my interest in the first chapter. There are so many that I don’t feel the need to torture myself. Yes, I’m aware I’m missing some great books this way, but life is short.

Mailing #2-4 today

2 Likes

ALT FEB 2022 cards are being mailed today.

1 Like

I received my first card!

Thank you so much @scoutingbear for the cutest koala from the SD zoo :heart_eyes:
I don’t drink much tea, nor any hot beverage for that matter! I never had a cup of coffee in my 30 years!! :laughing:

Alt Feb - received from #4 @Yarn-Lady a grumpy cat with kaleidoscopic glasses (no wonder he’s grumpy!) - definitely made me smile! Thanks Cynthia.

1 Like

#9 reporting

#8 @DCMdVa sends a heart from roses. That’s so great that your handmade Valentines were a hit!

2 Likes

#8 DCMdVa- All cards sent.

1 Like

#7 received from #5 @TwasBrillig a year of the tiger card with a curious tiger swatting at what looks like maybe a camera on a remote controlled car? Thanks, Nancy! I hope work is getting into a rhythm for you!

2 Likes

#9 reporting

#4 @Yarn-Lady sends a mailbox full of hearts

#6 @LaurenceB My last name is actually Filipino And yes, I do like this art card

1 Like

#5 reporting

#3 @TwoDoggies sent a beautiful Tiffany stained glass window and a sad story of her brother’s. Thanks for both, Terri!

#8 @DCMdVa sent a card from my Favorites - thanks much!

2 Likes

Updates: I mailed #4, 5, and 6 today. #7 and 8 will go out this afternoon or tomorrow.

Received:

#3 @TwoDoggies - Dear Terri, my husband and I move regularly, but after a year it feels like you’ve been here ages and have ages to see everything. We’re now making a list of all the attractions around southern Arizona we want to see before moving.
Thanks for the great card, stamps, which had a grease pencil line through all three - very odd, and decorations.

#4 @Yarn-Lady - great drop spindle card with work in progress - gorgeous roving turning into equally gorgeous yarn.
Dear Cynthia, I think watching any master craftsperson at work is a joy. It’s even more impressive if you understand exactly what they are doing, i.e. I learn more from watching a weaver than a spinner, though both a fabulous. Spinning is the one fiber arts skill I refuse to learn.

#8 @DCMdVA - nifty stamp on a Smithsonian National Zoological Park card showing an elephant print. Dear Penny, I’ve never been lucky enough to see giant Pandas in person. I love watching the elephants and big cats, but then I feel so sorry for them as even in the biggest zoos their areas are way too small. Your description of attractions in DC sound like airlines pricing - strip everything out until the customer arrives and realizes there are dozens of extra fees that weren’t shown anywhere.

2 Likes

I’ve received three cards:

#3 @TwoDoggies sent a fantastic flora and fauna of North America card! Thanks so much for the lovely map card with cool stamps and stickers. Thanks for sharing your latest book, sounds so interesting.

#4 @Yarn-Lady sent a terrific card of a seafood stall at Pike Place Market! Wow, thanks for the memories of such a fun place. Lobsters and scallops!

#5 @TwasBrillig sent an amazing aerial view of the Church of St John the Baptist in Luxembourg. Thank you for the neat UNESCO site and thank you for sharing your list of three things!

Many thanks to everyone for the wonderful cards and messages! You can find the images of the cards here:
Alternative RR (2017-2020)/NA Alternative RR (2021-22) | Flickr

2 Likes

All cards will have left this weekend for me!

I also received awesome wild horses from @TwoDoggies ! Thank you so much Terri! I also have so many things I did before postcards and now I regret not buying postcards at all these places :joy::grimacing:

Update - having painters around has slowed me down a bit, but cards #8 and 9 will be mailed tomorrow morning, which completes my (fun) February NARR obligation.

1 Like

I’ve been slowly sending out cards but the rest will be in the mail tomorrow!

1 Like

@TwoDoggies sends a card full of hearts in nature! I love it!
@TwasBrillig sends a painting of all 4 female supreme court justices…yet they did not all serve at the same time.

2 Likes

1 - sunsheirn - a great card of a Navajo Rug – gorgeous pattern. Your Neice’s blanket must be lovely!!!
3 - Two Doggies - Carousel - this is wonderful - such detail - we have carvers in Oregon creating new animals and trying to bring back the carousels.
8 - DCMdVa - Currituck Beach Lighthouse - I love these technical cards. We are still not having winter - except for the cold part.

Thank you all

1 Like

#3 @TwoDoggies reporting in!

#1 @Sunshein sent a wonderful card of a male and female Gambel’s Quail with the caption Gambel…on love. Har, har. Nevertheless, it’s a great picture of two beautiful birds. It took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about when you said the Arizona state park system printed an ad over the left side. But, you fixed it nicely. I tried to look at your loom, but when I entered tinyurl.yckj6cmn it nothing came up.

#4 @Yarn-Lady You’ve sent a lot of great Oregon cards and this is another for my volcano collection.

#6 @LaurenceB Love the Hornbills card with matching sticker & washi tape. Also, bonus card of weird coral, yet also educational.

#8 @DCMdVa Sends a bike card with red background for Valentine’s Day. The weather really doesn’t bother me anymore. I’m happy with any old weather at this point (although I do prefer spring).

#9 @scoutingbear Mission San Luis Rey card. Do you think that pool in the picture belongs to the Mission? I once visited San Juan Capistrano and of course the big thing at that time was that pigeons would land on you if you had any food. I’m sure the staff got rather weary of this. Sort of like throwing popcorn to the seagulls at the beach.

2 Likes

Terri,
try this link:

[Weaving Basics: Weaving on a Drawloom - YouTube]
(Weaving Basics: Weaving on a Drawloom - YouTube)

Easier not using tinyurl if you don’t have to :slight_smile:

I received two beautiful cards today!

Thank you @Yarn-Lady for the beautiful painted flamingos! My favourite thing about flamingos is that they can bend their knees backwards!

Thank you @DCMdVa for a beautiful Lantern Press from my favourites :green_heart: You are bringing me back to my trip to San Francisco!! Loved these victorian houses! It’s been so long since I read Hunger Games! I have so many unread books on my shelf, I have to go through them all before I go back to classics :wink:

2 Likes

Alt Feb - #5 received from #1 @Sunshein a wonderful card of the pictographs in Canyon de Chelly. Love it! And will have to check out your language app idea - on the off-chance that COVID allows us to travel again :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like