[RR] Alternative Monthly NARR - Jan-May 2024 - May sign-ups closed

I’m in bed, completely pathetic with covid, and grateful for these cards:

From @sleepyhippo1 (#5) an awesome reminder of a daytrip I once took to Tahoe to help a friend with some fieldwork.

From @harleyq2btrue (#3), a calming ocean closeup scene. Wishing you happiness in the new year!

2 Likes

#11 hazygirl received

#10 @Calisunshine sent Alice. :heart:

2 Likes

#2 BeachyBlonde

#10 @Calisunshine
Thank you for the lovely NM postcard! I loved driving through the South West! It’s such a beautiful part of the country! Enjoy it!

2 Likes

#11 hazygirl
All cards are traveling

1 Like

#10 Reporting

Received: 3, 5, 9
Still waiting on: 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 11

#3 @harleyq2btrue sent a Washington cowboy card. Ive noticed the older the kids get the more time their activities take😂

#5 @sleepyhippo1 sent a cute squirrel card. I bet you made that fellas whole day giving him his first ever bath!

#9 @Cocosmom sent a vintage card. Your handwriting is absolutely beautiful!

2 Likes

Received for January

@mon23 a Chicago hot dog. At the moment I’m not reading anything. I try to get some knitting done every week.
@harleyq2btrue point defiance zoo. They do look really sun burnt.
@Cocosmom a beautiful Hawaiian card. With matching stamp. It is big, but I like it!

Thanks

2 Likes

Received:

@harleyq2btrue A big red apple on a truckbed. I love apples and I love this card! It’s cheerful and fun.

@sleepyhippo1 The front of a bookstore. I love bookstores. Happy to hear that they opened one in your area!

@Cocosmom A stack of books. Thanks for sharing which of those books you’ve read! I loved your book sticker in the top left corner.

@Calisunshine The Eiffel Tower. Moving near the beach sounds like a great plan!

3 Likes

January 2024:

Another card found its way to my mailbox!

Thanks so much for the view of Costa del Sol! Best wishes for your upcoming trip to Spain. It’s a beautiful place. :heart:

#2 BeachyBlonde - I’ve sent all of my cards!

I’ve also received a few more:

#1 @CStar9 Thank you for the awesome playing card postcard! I also love the story! We love playing cards (often UNO too)! So many good memories. Thank you for sharing!

#3 @harleyq2btrue Thank you for the cool whale shark postcard! These guys are so magical!

#8 @mon23 Thank you for the LP Chicago postcard! Good luck with your classes! I hope you loved the Great British Baking Show! It’s one of my favorites!

4 Likes

#10 Reporting

Received: 1, 3, 5, 8, 9
Still waiting on: 2, 4, 6, 7, 11

#1 @CStar9 Sent a wild horses card. I had to laugh when you mentioned the kiddo helped for 9 seconds. Ohhh the accuracy :joy: Thank you for the bookstore tip, I never thought to look there!

#8 @mon23 Sent a Chicago postcard. Thanks for the card. I am the oldest too! Wishing you and the hubby at Happy New Year!

3 Likes

January
@CStar9 sent Darth Vader & Son. Love these!
@mon23 sent a peaceful looking letter. I love the softness of this card.
@harleyq2btrue sent a peaceful nautical view. How do they get those rocks to stay put?
@sleepyhippo1 sent bubble lady - great card!

3 Likes

Received a card from @sleepyhippo1

Thank you so much for the adorable baby elephant :elephant: and beautiful stickers and encouraging words.

Received a card from @harleyq2btrue
Thank you so much for your card and kind wishes

Received a card from @mon23
Thank you so much for your beautiful card. Your handwriting is immaculate ! I love taking nature walks year round but winter walks are my favorites.

2 Likes

January
#9 Cocosmom, Received from
#3 @harleyq2btrue The mountain goat. Cool. Quite different from farm goats. Thank you!
#5 @sleepyhippo1 Blue cats. Even better- Blue kittens :blue_heart::smiley_cat:Love these cards. Thank you!
#10 @Calisunshine Leo’s Place. It reminds me of places in small town Pennsylvania, where I grew up. And there is a Coca-Cola sign :slightly_smiling_face: Thank you!

1 Like

Who sent you this card? :blush:

1 Like

:woman_facepalming::woozy_face:

It came from @Calisunshine. So sorry!

2 Likes

#1 reporting three excellent cards :slight_smile:

From @mon23 (#8), a card of one of my favorite sculptors! I just love this series. To answer your questions, I am a library NUT. I, too, have many branches near me, and I know all their hours because I like to go to different ones for different reasons. The memoir you mention sounds great. Right now I’m buried in nonfiction books about postal systems because I’m working on writing one myself. I also have lots of kids’ books out, mostly for my daughter but also books of the Arabic language, because I’m trying to augment my duolingo. Happy reading!!

From @Cocosmom (#9) - a cool and super weird collage. I’m always here for weird collages! And, out of postcard stamps? Quel horror! Shape up, PO!

And from @hazygirl (#11), a lovely peacock. Tell your husband I once went to a castle in France that had them walking all over the grounds, and they were actually a bit aggressive and noisy. No good for a yard!! :wink:

3 Likes

good evening all , when it rains it pours around my house i had a total of 7 postcards in my box today
three of witch were for this amazing group:

from @mon23 a wonderful vintage Chicago travel poster style. i love crochet mostly (i cant knit to save my life)i recently took up water color because my shoulder dosnt like crochet anymore :rofl:. as for Hiking in Chicago put your boots on pack a lunch in your backpack and go for it!! i spent 12 weeks at the NETC there outside of Chicago, nature is every were. take your phone/ camera & have fun!!!

@Beachyblonde a beautiful view of the Gulf Shore, Alabama. so so beautiful, i havent been tot the beach in so long its almost painful at this point. so think you for sending me this card, maybe ill get my bum in gear and pack now lol (but its snowing right now and i dont drive in the snow) ok maybe ill turn the heater up and stare at this postcard :slight_smile:

finally for tonight a fantastic vintage reprint of “the Graham Children” by William Hogarth from @Calisunshine, antique shops are both wonderful & horrible places to find postcards wonderful because well you know but horrible because after I purchase them they seem to never leave my house. love the happy mail sticker!!

thank you all for the fantastic postcards!!

3 Likes

#10 Reporting

Received: 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 9
Still waiting on: 4, 6, 7, 11

#2 @Beachyblonde sent an adorable racoon card. I love racoons! I did not know they were scared of Turkeys tho, interesting fact!

1 Like

January 2024:

Two more cards arrived today!

Thanks @sleepyhippo1 for the gal admiring the sunset. :heart: We’re supposed to get a wintry mix tonight - first rain, then snow. That’s my least favorite to drive in. :flushed:

And a card featuring the shape of the State of Illinois came from @mon23! :heart: The book clubs meet once a month and on different weeks - that’s helpful. :grin: I read “The Anomaly” by Hervé LeTellier last week and just finished “Afterlife” by Julia Alvarez. Next up is “Black Cake” by Charmaine Wilkerson. Thanks for the title to add to my TBR. Always appreciated.

2 Likes

#9 Cocosmom- All January cards have been mailed :mailbox:

1 Like