[RR] Alternative Monthly NARR - Jan-July 2024 - July sign-ups closed

July group: All cards written and posted! :clap:t2::partying_face:

2 Likes

#10 PuckforPresident checking in for July to thank:

#1 @AccentOnHakes for the very cool Boblo Island postcard! It’s like something out of the Disney Land creepy pasta, it’s so cool.

#2 @beatriceh for the lovely quote and a gorgeous card depicting Crater Lake National Park! I also really like your handwriting.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Updated! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

#8 has received for July:

From #2 @beatriceh sent a cool postcard with Chicago’s L-train, which is very cool. I also wish we had more rail-based transit systems here in Michigan.

2 Likes

July #1

@beatriceh #2 Thanks for the pretty flower postcard! I also have little artistic talent and my stamps are always on crooked…I also once won a “bad art” competition haha. I would still treasure any drawing you sent me, it would probably be better than my own!

2 Likes

For June…thank you @KQ #8…I love this Diego Rivera series …I knew about his time in SF and NYC but didn’t know he was also commissioned in Detroit…so cool! I imagine these images were controversial at the time…GArry

1 Like

#2 reporting. Received card for #10 @PuckforPresident I’m unfamiliar with this artist. I’ll have to look him up. And I have about 40 TC podcasts on rotation, a bit absurd I know. Anatomy of Murder is one of them. Favorites are definitely Murder Me on Monday, Crime and Consequences, Bang to Rights, Crime Most French, and True Crime Couple. So hard to narrow them down. I hope we trade again. I have so many TC stickers :smile:

2 Likes

Received for June
@KQ MackiMac island. We’ve had some cool days but they won’t last.

July
@beatriceh Berries. I’m sorry about your kitty. Always hard to lose a fur baby.
@AccentOnHakes Chapel Falls. I’ve never had maple syrup in my smoothies. I’ll have to give it a try.

Thanks everyone

2 Likes

Received cards from @KQ for June
And from @AccentOnHakes , @PuckforPresident , @beatriceh for July
Thank you!

3 Likes

#9 reporting… For July I have received:

@AccentOnHakes (#1) I have only driven past the Iowa 80… I need to stop one day!
@nursegarry (#7) I love Bryce Canyon and have begun collecting this series of cards! Beautiful place!
@beatriceh (2) I love when I find cats anywhere!

3 Likes

Good morning all. I’m (#3) trying to report in for the month of July, before I melt in the heat :hot_face:

A very big thank you to:

#2 @beatriceh
Yes I love it, even if it is your " ugly" card at the bottom of the pile. Ooh haunted houses sounds fun. I like to not dust my house all year and claim the cobwebs as decoration.:rofl: I miss the days of hordes of kids coming to the door for trick or treat as well.

Next was #6 @sraelling with a fantastic Bodie Island lighthouse postcard. Oh the letter writing event sounds fun. And a little cramped. Yes very much looking forward to " coffee" soon!

Finally is #7 @nursegarry with a fabulous Burt ( from Burt and Ernie) postcard. Ok I have to admit I’m a Ernie gal. Your trip to San Fran sounds like a fun time I think both those exhibits sound interesting. As far as the fashion goes. ( And last month postcard) I love pill box hats, I wish they would come back into fashion. Even though I think I look ridiculous in hats.

Thank you again everyone for the great postcards and I hope everyone has a great afternoon.

4 Likes

July #1

@harleyq2btrue #3 Thanks for the great card of Snoqualmie Falls! I didn’t have plans for the Fourth, then I got invited to a coworker’s party. One coworker brought his girlfriend and I convinced her to join Postcrossing!!! Whoohooo!!!

3 Likes

Mailman just came today… Update for July since this morning:

From @PuckforPresident (#10) Thank you for the great 59 Parks card and hiking suggestion!

From @sraelling (#6) I have yet to make it to Glacier NP, but hope to one day soon!

From @harleyq2btrue (#3) I just left Puyallup yesterday, where one of my best friends live! I flew out so we could climb Mount Adams, and then we spent several days exploring fire lookout towers and Mount Rainier NP before hiding out from the heat.

4 Likes

#10 checking in for July to thank:

#3 @harleyq2btrue for the cool postcard with the scalloped edges depicting the Olympic National Park. Happy belated Independence Day to you too!

#7 @nursegarry for the interesting stamps and the gorgeous Bandelier National Monument postcard! If I could figure out how to add images, I would have uploaded it here. I completely agree, the vintage national park posters are fantastic! One of my favorite received postcards to date depicted an indigenous weaver from Arizona and I thought it was the coolest thing.

2 Likes

July #6 reporting:

From #1 @AccentOnHakes, a photo of The Narrows Covered Bridge from 1882. We have a bridge called “the Narrows Bridge” here, too. It’s quite infamous - check out “Galloping Gertie” on YouTube. I can imagine how the “Hot Metal Bridge” must look. :grin:

And from #3 @harleyq2btrue, a cozy summer illustration! What a difference a week makes in the temperature around here! :hot_face:

And from #7 @nursegarry, the National Theatre in London. What an interesting place! There must be more than one theatre space in this building. Lucky you to have seen multiple performances there! :grin:

And #10 @PuckforPresident sent an illustration of H. C. Andersen’s “The Wild Swans.” :partying_face: I went to a college founded by Danish pioneers in Nebraska, so anything Danish is always welcome. :clap:t2:

Thanks to all of you! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

July group - I dropped all the postcards in the mailbox today!

1 Like

Good evening all.
#3 reporting for the month of July.

A huge thank you to both :

#1 @AccentOnHakes a beautiful fall image of a lake in Kentucky. I’m already looking forward to the crisp fall weather. But we’re only in the first week of heat. That does sound beautiful & I’m sure it will be amazing this fall!

& #10 @PuckforPresident sent a amazing floral design with morning glories. I’ve received a couple of this style of cards and there great!
I’m not crazy about the summer weather but it makes me enjoy winter all the more. I don’t know if I will ever make my way back to the east Coast but if I do I will make sure to take that hike even the name sounds interesting!

Thank you again for the amazing postcards always fabulous for all the right reasons!

2 Likes

Hey everyone! #10 here to thank
#6 @sraelling for the Kootenai River postcard. What a beautiful river! It looks perfect for rafting! I’ve never been to the PNW, but I’ve always wanted to visit. Thanks again for the postcard!

2 Likes

July #1

@sraelling #6 A very cool Norwegian museum card! Thank you for sharing! Triplets–oh boy. How old?
@nursegarry #7 Thanks for the great Bucharest card! New city for my map. Hope you had an awesome time traveling!

3 Likes