Recipient deleted image

I wonder, if it could help both sides if the picture could be hidden at one wall (either the sender’s or the recipient’s one)? If one does not like the poatcard, they could hide it…

5 Likes

I agree that sometimes people don’t know how to upload anything. But I think when you register the ID you’re using your gadget or your computer? Which is why I assume something can be uploaded whether it’s the right side of card, the right card you received or just a random picture from you to not make it blank added with a note.

I honestly don’t know why someone still upload the back part of card which contain personal information about the receiver. Thought everyone has read the guidelines lol.

The hidden card option sounds good! @geosmin_petrichor . Although when I draw an address I often go through their wall to see what kind of cards they’ve got from my country so I could try sending something different. And having a card without a picture is just not helping at all

1 Like

I keep all cards on my received wall, even ones I really don’t like. Why? Because I always check the sent wall of someone before sending them a card and if I see a lot of ‘junk’, I’m not going to send my nicest card. So even ‘not so nice’ cards give valuable information that way.

9 Likes

I don’t like that they delete them either I have epilepsy and a kid I don’t remember what I sent sometimes and I notice they take down the homemade one to. yet I started in Feb. and this is the 4 account cause my son kept delete the account i started didn’t like that they delete his made ones or expired postcard it upset him cause no one got them I just got him to understand that it’s ok for them to expire but he hates it he work so hard on his postcards he has stopped doing them. Wish i kept all the number writen down we sent but we do have most of the oncs sent to us on our favorite wall. He dont know this password lol😍 I love postcrossing.

hello,
i think there is a thread in ‘general topics’ section where people talked about it. i commented there myself too a while ago. i cannot recall now what the subject heading was. sorry.

in short, i am for the right of deleting images by the recipients on their walls. after all, it is the admins decision that you cannot seem to change.

1 Like

Dear @clubpostcards,

You’re right. :smiley:
I have moved this topic to the "first thread / original thread " :arrow_right: Recipient-deleted-image.

1 Like

Hello to you all,

I was just wondering if any of you could help me out:
Before sending off postcard I always make a picture of them. However the last picture was deleted I recon by the receiver.
Is it possible to reupload my picture? Or is only the receiver allowed to do so?

Thank you very much!!

2 Likes

x

1 Like

Once the receiver receives the card, only they can upload a new image.

You could email & ask them to upload it or offer to send the image to them, but only they can upload the image once the card has been received.

It’s possible they deleted it by mistake, but it’s also possible they did it deliberately. I’ve occasionally deleted the image when I’ve received a card to replace it with a better image, but you’ll have to ask & they may not answer. Good luck!

2 Likes

Hello,

Thank you very much!! That’s good to know! I just love the idea that you can always see which postcard you’ve received.

But then I store the pictures of my sent ones somewhere else.

Thank a lot!!

Have a nice day,
Alessia

I think in this case, the person you sent it to has done it deliberately. They have virtually no postcard images for all the cards they’ve received since January. As @LC-Canada has said, this could be because they want to replace the image with their own image.

As others have said…you can’t fix this yourself. When you look back through the receiver’s cards…the bulk of the remaining pictures (from back in early 2021 and older) have been re-loaded showing both the front of the card AND a small portion of the back of the card including the stamps, postmarks and ID. It looks like the receiver prefers this more complete record of their received cards. I would not take it personally that your photo has been deleted :+1:t2:.

1 Like

Thinking about deleting all images.

I get a lot of unfriendly messages or comments that I consider passive aggressive.

Do you think if I take down ALL images it would be more clear for complainers?

I can not switch off the PM or comment function. But I do forward now and then to the Postcrossing Team.

It’s the best to ignore probably.

I do not interfere with other peoples wall. I do not tell them to delete images. So don’t push me!

4 Likes

That’s the right thing to do. :+1:t2: Even though I can understand that it can be a bit disappointing to see one’s picture deleted, the receiver has the right to keep their wall as they like. It’s just rude to comment like that. But I think you can just delete the comment. (yes, I checked, you can!)

5 Likes

I’m curious to hear why you’re deleting all your photos? I don’t like it myself either and I do understand why people complain. I’m interested to know the reason for your decision.

2 Likes

I can see how that would be offensive to someone who isn’t Christian and makes it clear that they do not want to celebrate Christmas. However, maybe it wasn’t done out of spite. Maybe the sender didn’t read that part or forgot about it when they went to send the postcard. Their intentions could have been good.

1 Like

Woah. That’s pretty intense. (the person destroying your homemade card and uploading an empty postcard) I’m sorry that happened to you. That user was absolutely rude.

This is exactly how I feel. Some things are beyond our control and that’s ok. When we put something out into the world, be it a postcard or something else, we have to learn to let go of it. It no longer belongs to us.

4 Likes

Hi everyone!

I removed a bunch of posts from this topic because it was clear who the conversation was about and we don’t feel comfortable with this kind of finger pointing, or sharing private messages on the forum. I know posting here sometimes works a bit as venting, and it isn’t done with malicious intentions… but posting so many identifying details incites people to judge or go after others… which is not great. :frowning: “Remember to criticize ideas, not people”, as is stated on the Forum Guidelines.

I wish we didn’t have to remove so much, but I don’t think there is a way to make this conversation make sense when relevant parts of it would be missing.

As was pointed out, the correct thing to do when someone is not following the Community Guidelines is to get in touch via the Contact form. We’ve now received @Kristina_Shtoppel 's email about this situation and will follow up on it.

7 Likes

I haven’t heard from it yet. It makes me wonder why people delete the image :thinking: Any idea folks ?
Not judging, just curious about it.

1 Like