Questions about the forum

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @postbot display help.

1 Like

There is the text behind the nickname @postbot :
Hi, I’m not a real person. I’m a bot that can teach you about this site. To interact with me, send me a message or mention @discobot anywhere.

There is not any @discopot in the Forum. Have you changed the nickname, dear robot?

1 Like

Hey, that doesn’t look right. @paulo @meiadeleite Is an you fix that?

Edit to add; Looks like I can’t write anymore! :rofl:

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

Indeed, the bot was originally called @discobot and the profile text wasn’t updated. Should be good now — thanks for pointing it out!

1 Like

Thank you, all @kotona @Norway_girl & @paulo!!! I should have time this afternoon to give it another try! I will be sure and let you know. Very interesting catch, being new I don’t think that would have ever occurred to me that the name would be different especially since the first parts of the tutorial actually responded to discobot lol!

3 posts were split to a new topic: Forum keyboard shortcuts

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: How to set a flag next to username

Hi @postbot I accidentally changed the display of the forum to ‘desktop’- how do I change it back?

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @postbot display help.

Hi Clare! :wave: Are you using the forum on your mobile phone? And if so, are you using it on the browser, or through the DiscourseHub app?

Hi @meiadeleite ! I think I worked it out. I had to scroll a bit to get the option back on my phone but it’s all working like it should be now! :smiley:

2 Likes

I want to ask you one thing I wonder and if someone wiser would know the answer. Why don’t I always get a notification when someone likes my post?! Sometimes I get a notification but sometimes I don’t! It bothers me. I’ve checked that the settings are OK, but I still don’t always get a notification. Why?

If you go to your profile, and then preferences/notifications, you can change that configuration.

I feel stupid. Now it probably works. :sweat_smile::woman_facepalming:

1 Like

@pjdewire check here
@Kbaker you too

Is Philip not on here yet or did I spell his name wrong?

Can someone please tell me how to unsubscribe from these automatic notifications being posted? Every now and then a Mod posts these reminders on the wishlist tags, and every time I get notifications from them.

My notification settings on these threads are Normal (You will be notified if someone mentions your @name or replies to you.) which since these posts don’t @ or reply to me should be sufficient, but for some reason is not…

If I have broken any rules, but I would rather get a PM explaining exactly what I did wrong than a vague reminder where I’m not sure and have to spend time figuring out whether it even refers to me or is meant for someone else.

Thanks in advance!

@qrulez I’m not active in the tag category and I didn’t got those notifications already.
But maybe @JetteLise or @nekelin (or another user) can help you.

2 Likes

Ah. I know what this is! I’ll fix it and you shouldn’t get any more notifications. :slight_smile:

Edit to add:

You haven’t broken any rules and I do send a PM if people (accidentally) do. :wink:

PS
Please let me know if you get any notifications in future.

3 Likes

I only get notification when you or jette changes the first post in the tags I started. It’s okay because it makes me know the new rules of the tags.

I don’t know that someone else also get this notification.

1 Like

There is a list in the description of the #wishlist-tag-game tags:

One of the links was leading to a reply by @qrulez, not the first post of the topic. This is why they received those notifications every time I posted it in a tag to remind people of this rule.

It should be fixed now, @qrulez gets a notification for this reply for mentioning their username but not for the link in the post. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes