Questions about the forum

Just to add- Firefox and Android…

@Feuerstuhl and @paulo:

after shutting everything down and retrying it works now with @ + name.

Thanks, Gesa, I had really no idea that I’d have to add the @ to the name. Before, I always looked up just the username…

2 Likes

When I have set a bookmark, and now I feel that I do not need or want this bookmark any longer, how can I delete it?

Click on the blue bookmark and then on the paper basket in the lower right corner.

Or you simply click on “Clear Bookmark” under the topic, if you want to delete all bookmarks in this topic.

Or you go to your list of all bookmarks, click on the 3 points of the bookmark you want to delete.

3 Likes

Thanks for your answer!

Hello, at one point I went to a user’s profile & she had a avatar photo but also a larger, banner photo – similar to the way Twitter & FB are set up … the small headshot & then a page wide photo. I couldn’t figure out a way to do this … most profiles I’ve seen here don’t have this on the page I find, but that one user did. What am I missing?

@Livletliv

That’s easy.
Go to your profile page, choose Preferences —> Profile —> Profile Header —>click on the little upload image —> upload a picture from your hard disk or from your gallery on your smartphone —> scroll down and save it

2 Likes

I’m thankful for the ability to undo “likes”, because I have fat fingers and sometimes I “like” things by accident while scrolling down :joy:

1 Like

Thanks! I won’t tell you how long it took me to find that :laughing: & I thought I was pretty good on this stuff. But I have it now!

3 Likes

Hello, I feel like I’m the only one who doesn’t know what a ‘withdrawn post’ means?

Hi @Inkspell!

It’s not a very intuitive phrasing, it is? Withdrawn in this context just means that the post was removed by the person who posted it. Posts are not immediately deleted in this forum, so there’s a 24 hour gap in which you see that notice.

Maybe the person regretted posting something, or they want to delete it to post again in a slightly different way… The forum is newish, so everyday there are new members making their first post and trying things out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @meiadeleite for explaining this to me, I’m wondering if a moderator or admin such as yourself often withdrawn’s a post? Because :thinking: this was written as a comment on a post that I have written, and I thought I had accidentally withdrawn it but I hadn’t.

It could be nicer to use common words as remove or delete (not withdrawn). There are many many many members in the Forum whose English skills are not so good.

1 Like

This is true! On the other hand, the forum software (and its error messages) are available in quite a few different languages… so hopefully the people who are not so good with English will configure the forum in a way that is easier for them to navigate. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi. How do you edit a post? For example, if you put up an ad and now you need to edit or close it.

There is a little pencil symbol on the bottom right of your post, near the “reply” etc. - you click on that and it takes you to the edit.

Hi! Normally there is a pencil icon and clicking it allows you to edit your post. However, when you are on trust level 1 (basic), you can edit your post only up to 48 hours. When you reach trust level 2 (member), there is no time limit for editing. You will reach that level fairly quickly. If you need someone edit the title of your topic before that (to mark it closed), anyone on trust level 3 (regular) can help you.

1 Like

Got it. Thanks!

1 Like

I have never heard about those levels before. How can I know the level of a member? Kanerva, could you please advise me in Finnish. I’m totally out of this discussion.

Ok, I will PM you