Questions about the forum

I have just created a topic in the language section and i would like to add helpful links under it. i have managed to put it in the topic, but not under and get it linked with the grey :link: symbol before it…

can i do do it and how? or does it need a higher trust level?

It’s not possible to explicitly add a link to that section: that’s a list of other topics that have linked to that one.

To add links, just include them directly on the post itself.

1 Like

Hi! Sorry, I’m having a hard time with posting a new topic. I did read what I could about the new forum and tried interacting with the postbot, but the postbot just wanted to take me through a bunch of steps that I already know how to do.

About 24 hours ago, I tried to create a new topic to start a game of postcard tag, but it still hasn’t shown up yet. I got a notification about some sort of approval, but I didn’t get to read the whole thing, I’m not sure if it disappeared or maybe I closed the window automatically as it popped up when I hit post. Was just wondering what the guidelines are, thank you so much!

The tag category is moderated, so it means all new topics need to be approved by some moderator before it’s turned public, I think that was what happen.

But I’ll call @JetteLise to correct me if I’m wrong.

1 Like

Hello @Indreni,

Did you check the directory ?
If you think your topic is not listed, you can open a poll for the tag / your idea .

See here

If there are enough votes, the tag will be opened .

1 Like

Oh, thank you, I didn’t realize you were supposed to look in the directory of tags. I didn’t see it when I was looking under the non directory list of tags but there is already a tag with my same topic, so maybe that’s why it didn’t get approved.

1 Like

Hello

Several times in the last week, when I have written a reply with quoted text from another person’s post, and then pressed the button to send my reply, the quoted text has disappeared and instead the little pencil has appeared in the top right corner, as if I’ve edited a post (which I haven’t).

It’s peculiar but it’s happening regularly now.

It happens when you quote another whole reply. It’s automatic and I think it’s to prevent long answers, as in, if you want to quote the whole text you can just reply to that person directly. Just my opinion.

1 Like

No, I’m afraid not. I quote only a section of the sentence - the part that was relevant to my response.

That’s the correct answer, I just want to add this screenshot… it’s explained when you click on the pencil icon.

If you quote a text from the direct post above the system delete the quote.

It is shown like this

which is a full quote of the post directly above yours.

1 Like

Yes, that’s right.

2 Likes

I will delete this question in that case. I took both tutorials on joining the forum but I don’t think this was covered. I apologize for wasting your time.

l move the Topic to
https://community.postcrossing.com/t/questions-about-the-new-forum/133/401

As I say, I don’t understand and I don’t remember it from the tutorial.
But thank you all.

The tutorial doesn’t cover everything but only the most important features.

Thank you.

Dear @Indreni,

Yes, if there is already a tag with the same theme /subject, this will be the reason the tag was not approved

Tell me, please, in the old forum, we could organize joint purchases of postcards with other postcrossers and created topics for this. Is this possible on this forum?