Questions about the forum

I have my full name set as “Wing Ting Chung” on the main Postcrossing site, and now only “Wing” is showing up in my profile for this forum instead of “Wing Ting” (my first name) or even “Wing Ting Chung”. It seems like I can’t directly change my full name through the preferences for this forum. Is there a way to change this?

This information is updated through the main site only.

Ok thank you! I’ll try over there.

How do I forward the text of a private message to my email?

1 Like

I don’t think you can?

However, you can instead do this:
Go to your avatar at the top right corner → your username → Preferences → Emails → Send me an email when someone messages me, select “always”.

That way, you will always receive an email when someone messages you and the email already has the text of the message.

You can also select “Include previous replies at the bottom of emails”.

However, if you want to send the messages to your email address that you sent to somebody else, I fear you have to copy & paste them.
You can easily send an email from every topic/conversation/message by clicking on the share symbol :link: and then the email symbol :email: and then you could copy & paste the text into the email.

However, I’m no expert. There might be a way to forward your messages that I have no knowledge of.

1 Like

The easiest way I’ve found so far to send a personal message to my email is to print it using your browser’s menu and clicking Print, or using the shortcut Control+P on Windows, Command+P on a Mac. This brings up a Print popup window, where you can search for a “Send in mail” option (on a Mac it’s hiding in the dropdown menu of the PDF button in the bottom left corner of the Print window).

There’s a more detailed discussion of this here and here.

1 Like

It works! Very useful, thank you very much!

Welcome to the new forum!
For creating a meetup, you have to go to the #meetups section, chose your country and add a new topic, same as you did in the old forum.

1 Like

Hello, as an admin for a RR, I was wondering if there’s a way to pin a post in a thread? When I moved the RR to the new Forum I ‘took’ a few Reply for Travelling and Closed Groups, but I see that the thread will get to be quite long as people participate, and was wondering if there’s a way to avoid scrolling thru everything to get to the 1st post/page?

Thank you!

Getting to the first post is easy: click the title of the topic or the date of the first post. (Click the blue square with the count of messages, so you will see the title, dates of first and last posts and even a chance to jump to for example post number 40)

2 Likes

@Stinkypaw

You can put a 1 at the end of your https:line.

Here’s an example for my RR.

https:/community.postcrossing.com/t/animals-rr/6215/14

https:/community.postcrossing.com/t/animals-rr/6215/1

Thank you @Kanerva had not realized that clicking on the date would bring me back up, thanks!

1 Like

thank you @Lotty - not quite sure what or where you put 1, but @Kanerva’s hint was helpful. Thanks again!

Hi all, can the person who originated a topic also delete it after people have begun to post to it?

I don’t think so. If I move my cursor over the Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-20 um 18.54.20 of the first post in a topic I created, it says that I “do not have permission to delete this topic”
If you want to delete a topic, you should flag it for a moderator to do it for you. (Of course, they could say no.)
If you just want to delete the original post but not the topic… I do not know whether this is possible. You could, however, edit your post so that it basically says nothing.

Thanks Gesa!

I am a bit slow in learning. I have moved my existing threads from old to new forum. So far so good but no idea what I can do in place of u2u. How do I send a private message to members in my thread, especially addresses, which I do not wish to display addresses if I use “Reply”.

Please don’t ask me to go look at this or that tutorial. Can please explain to me by replying here - thanks cos I am a slow learner. Thanks for your patience and help.

If you click on the avatar of someone you can choose “message”:

Or you click on your avatar in the right corner , choose message (double click) and go to the message center

1 Like

How can you tell how many Likes you have given/received? Is there a running total somewhere?

Click in the right corner on your Avatar.
Double click on your name.
Summery.