Questions about the forum

There is always a white heart right next to the share :link: under every post by someone else. It becomes red if you click on it and like that post. And whenever someone else likes your own post, a grey heart will appear under it.

1 Like

Wow, I didn’t know that :sweat_smile: In the dark theme it turns white.

grafik

3 Likes

And I didn’t know that :sweat_smile:
It’s not really red either… pink?
Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-12 um 15.08.23

3 Likes

You will not see a heart under your own posts, unless someone else have liked the post. That’s because you can’t like your own posts.

2 Likes

Thanks you so much :hugs:

9 posts were split to a new topic: Finding the Forum Guidelines

Hi, I hope I’m not repeating the question, but I didn’t seem to find it in the replies above: I joined the new forum less than an hour ago; I’ve done the tutorial and got some automatic badges, but I don’t have a “Veteran Forum” or a “Supporter” badge, even though I am part of those groups. Do I have to do something to activate those badges?

EDIT: Thank you @Kanerva! I got the notifications now :slight_smile:

Hi! No, you don’t have to do anything. Some of the badges are updated just once a day. I am sure you will get them at latest tomorrow.

1 Like

Thank you!

I have my full name set as “Wing Ting Chung” on the main Postcrossing site, and now only “Wing” is showing up in my profile for this forum instead of “Wing Ting” (my first name) or even “Wing Ting Chung”. It seems like I can’t directly change my full name through the preferences for this forum. Is there a way to change this?

This information is updated through the main site only.

Ok thank you! I’ll try over there.

How do I forward the text of a private message to my email?

1 Like

I don’t think you can?

However, you can instead do this:
Go to your avatar at the top right corner → your username → Preferences → Emails → Send me an email when someone messages me, select “always”.

That way, you will always receive an email when someone messages you and the email already has the text of the message.

You can also select “Include previous replies at the bottom of emails”.

However, if you want to send the messages to your email address that you sent to somebody else, I fear you have to copy & paste them.
You can easily send an email from every topic/conversation/message by clicking on the share symbol :link: and then the email symbol :email: and then you could copy & paste the text into the email.

However, I’m no expert. There might be a way to forward your messages that I have no knowledge of.

1 Like

The easiest way I’ve found so far to send a personal message to my email is to print it using your browser’s menu and clicking Print, or using the shortcut Control+P on Windows, Command+P on a Mac. This brings up a Print popup window, where you can search for a “Send in mail” option (on a Mac it’s hiding in the dropdown menu of the PDF button in the bottom left corner of the Print window).

There’s a more detailed discussion of this here and here.

1 Like

It works! Very useful, thank you very much!

Welcome to the new forum!
For creating a meetup, you have to go to the #meetups section, chose your country and add a new topic, same as you did in the old forum.

1 Like

Hello, as an admin for a RR, I was wondering if there’s a way to pin a post in a thread? When I moved the RR to the new Forum I ‘took’ a few Reply for Travelling and Closed Groups, but I see that the thread will get to be quite long as people participate, and was wondering if there’s a way to avoid scrolling thru everything to get to the 1st post/page?

Thank you!

Getting to the first post is easy: click the title of the topic or the date of the first post. (Click the blue square with the count of messages, so you will see the title, dates of first and last posts and even a chance to jump to for example post number 40)

2 Likes

@Stinkypaw

You can put a 1 at the end of your https:line.

Here’s an example for my RR.

https:/community.postcrossing.com/t/animals-rr/6215/14

https:/community.postcrossing.com/t/animals-rr/6215/1