Questions about the forum

Why doesn’t contributing to a game send an email automatically when you get a reply whereas contributing to other threads does?

You get a notification every time someone posts in a topic if you set the topic to “watching”.

You also get notifications everywhere else if someone mentions you with @ or directly replies to your post. Did the person reply to your post or to the topic? You won’t get a notification if it was just a comment on the topic and the topic was not set to “watching”. Also, were you online when the reply was posted? You only get an email if you have been away from the forum for at least ten minutes. Otherwise, you only get a notification within the forum. You can change this in your preferences under “Email”

1 Like

Thank you. This is stupendously complicated. :expressionless:

1 Like

I have searched and not been able to find anything on the topic of printing…particularly printing the private messages that get sent with all of the addresses. Will there be a print button added at some point? printing the internet page often causes quite a waste of paper.

1 Like

Oh, I was talking nonsense. I didn’t get the badge for 100 likes but for 100 liked posts - which is a difference! I guess then I received my badge in a timely manner, too :+1:

@Angeldreamer, this topic might help.

1 Like

thank you :slight_smile: I also found the initial notification email in my email program’s inbox after I had posted (the notification came a few days ago and I had forgotten) and think i will make a point of printing from that.

1 Like

just thinking… :thinking: is it possible to pick which categories stay in the burger menu?

Yes. Go to your profile and than…

but that will only mute those, if I have more than 8 unmuted, how can i pick which stay here:
or maybe I’m just confused…

Ah, now I understand. But I don’t know if it is possible to choose which categories are shown there.

As far as know, it’s not possible to show/hide categories listed under the hamburger menu.

We do have a setting to configure how many show there, but that’s a forum wide setting and not per account.

1 Like

So, the Editor badge says that it won’t be possible to update forever a post. This could be an obstacle for Bingo threads… Do you have an idea of the duration ?

https://community.postcrossing.com/badges/10/editor

I think it is about how often you can edit a post per day.
The daily edit limit was already increased in the Sandbox to accomodate hosts. @JetteLise encountered it again in the new forum but I don’t know whether the limit was raised again. But if your edits per day are suddenly restricted, you can always come back and complain :wink:
Personally, I edited a lot already in the past week (and in the sandbox) and I didn’t meet the limit again. It is rather high now.

Ok thanks. I thought it was about editing a post only for 3 months, 6 months which could have been a problem… :wink:

:scream: That would indeed be a problem. Let’s hope that it is not true :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@Feuerstuhl @thibcabe
I believe the solution is for Bingo topics to be made into a wiki, which can be edited an unlimited number of times.

1 Like

This is something we are currently looking at.

2 Likes

While that is good to know, a wiki could also potentially be edited by everyone. In the sandbox, I experimented with making my whole test RR a wiki and it was chaos - which was alright in that case since it was intended. But it is not a very good work-around, not even the Chaotic Nonsense RR is a wiki anymore - for a reason.

I wonder what the reason is behind the edit limit. If it was protection from spam, then I don’t get it. Maybe storage reasons? The data from the edit history has to be put somewhere, doesn’t it? :thinking:

We had already noticed this issue on the sandbox with the limit on the number of edits and had already changed it: a TL2 account (or higher) can edit posts indefinitely.

1 Like