Questions about the forum

I’m experiencing problems with the “Gallery” function.

1. If I chose “image gallery”, add pictures, save it - and then edit it again to add more pictures it automatically becomes a “grid gallery”.
  2. is there any chance to adjust the grid gallery’s size or appearance? It seems that it just adds up the pictures, it gets really large in the post, wihout showing further pagemarks
  3. is there a limit for the number of uploaded photos? I’m interested in using the gallery as a wiki in RRs for the upload of received cards. Will this work?

thanks for your help.

1 Like

There is a character limit of 32000 characters per post so we are probably going to encounter it eventually. No unlimited gallery I fear

Has the meet-up map of the world been moved or removed? I always find it useful when planning trips.

I think it’d really helpful if the bookmarks can be arranged based on the last time they are updated. :blush:

It’s already possible!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Link preview and hiding details

You can find it here: https://www.postcrossing.com/events/meetups It’s linked from Postcrossing.com’s menu, under Explore —> Meetups.

Here in the forum, you can also browse the #meetups section, where Agenda and Calendars are available on a global and per-country level. :slight_smile: I hope that helps!

Neat! Can we put the bookmark page in the main page as well? Maybe just behind Unread and Top?

2 Likes

hello once i have fed :herb::herb::herb: in the tutorial postbot says that he is having a difficult time understanding the message therefore i am not able to finish the tutorial. could you help me out. thanks in advance

I had the same thing when I used the emoji picture. When I used the emoji command : herb : ( without the gaps), the tutorial continued. It was the last task of the first tutorial.

4 Likes

Hi! I had a traveling notebook open for singing up but I had not sent it out yet. i looked in the traveling notebook section of the new forum and searched for my notebook but it wasnt there. what happened to it!?

Hi! Welcome aboard the new forum!

Please know that the content from the old forum won’t be imported into this new one. So if you’d like to continue your traveling notebook topic in the new forum, just open a new topic here and copy the content you’d like.

Don’t forget to tell the participants in the old forum thread the link where they can follow the updates from here onwards!

1 Like

Okay. Thanks for the advice. how do I get to the old forum and move my traveling notebook to the new one?

You can find the old forum at the same link: https://forum.postcrossing.com

Find your thread there, copy it and then paste it in a new topic here. That should do the trick! :slight_smile:

are the categories important when posting a new topic? I am trying to move my traveling notebook to this forum but is a baking notebook and there isn’t a category that mentions that.

Here you can find the section for travelling notebooks:
https://community.postcrossing.com/c/games-activities/notebooks/48

Thanks so much!

I agree. Why ads? They are very big.

Clicked on someone’s namecard, I see the below.

What does the last entry, “read 5m” refer to. The last time they were on the forum reading something?

Mine says 5 hours, so that’s not it. And I know that someone has read a post by me more recently than that too.

That is how long one has been reading the forum altogether. (The time spent here since joining).

2 Likes