Questions about the forum

Oh, thank you, I didn’t realize you were supposed to look in the directory of tags. I didn’t see it when I was looking under the non directory list of tags but there is already a tag with my same topic, so maybe that’s why it didn’t get approved.

1 Like

Hello

Several times in the last week, when I have written a reply with quoted text from another person’s post, and then pressed the button to send my reply, the quoted text has disappeared and instead the little pencil has appeared in the top right corner, as if I’ve edited a post (which I haven’t).

It’s peculiar but it’s happening regularly now.

It happens when you quote another whole reply. It’s automatic and I think it’s to prevent long answers, as in, if you want to quote the whole text you can just reply to that person directly. Just my opinion.

1 Like

No, I’m afraid not. I quote only a section of the sentence - the part that was relevant to my response.

That’s the correct answer, I just want to add this screenshot… it’s explained when you click on the pencil icon.

If you quote a text from the direct post above the system delete the quote.

It is shown like this

which is a full quote of the post directly above yours.

1 Like

Yes, that’s right.

2 Likes

I will delete this question in that case. I took both tutorials on joining the forum but I don’t think this was covered. I apologize for wasting your time.

l move the Topic to
https://community.postcrossing.com/t/questions-about-the-new-forum/133/401

As I say, I don’t understand and I don’t remember it from the tutorial.
But thank you all.

The tutorial doesn’t cover everything but only the most important features.

Thank you.

Dear @Indreni,

Yes, if there is already a tag with the same theme /subject, this will be the reason the tag was not approved

Tell me, please, in the old forum, we could organize joint purchases of postcards with other postcrossers and created topics for this. Is this possible on this forum?

Maybe it is better you ask that in the Russian Community or open there a Topic by yourself to organize such a joint purchase.

If you would like to do that with other Russian postcrossers the best place is the Russian Community.
And you can organize it there if you would like to do it without an allowance of the admins.
We do that in the German Community too with postcards and stamps.

But of course you can wait of the answers of an admin.

About private messages: at the old forum it was very clear, with an inbox and outbox, very easy to spot the messages. In this one I have everything together, when I’m looking for a message I need to open each one of them and get back and start again, so tiring and confusing! What am I doing wrong? Is it possible to set it up like the old u2u section? (Inbox /outbox/ trash)?

1 Like

In the Forum User Guide you can read about Private Messages.
If you have questions after reading please ask here again:
Private Messages

2 Likes

Excuse me, would you be so kind to tell, how can I edit the title of my topic I created and a text of the topic? (i want to add a list of participants in a travelling journal to the text of the topic).