Questions about the forum

Hello! :smile:

I’d like to clean up the contents of my smartphone toward the end of the year.

Will forum incoming mail disappear if I clear Chrome’s cache?
Also Google incoming mail. I don’t want to erase it.
Are there any drawbacks when using this forum by clearing the cache?

I would like to reduce the storage on my smartphone, but I am not good at the internet environment, so I would be grateful if you could let me know. Thanks in advance. :herb:

Doing anything to your phone should not affect your forum messages nor your account here. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure whether you’re downloading your Google mail directly to your phone though… that is something you’ll have to check on that app.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind reply! :blush:

Clearing cache will not delete the data inside Gmail apps and postcrossing forum.
I clear cache every 3 days.
I use a cheap old phone, Nokia 3. It only has 8 GB internal memory :smiley:
Every day 3 days I get notification that my storage is almost full. I delete cache for all applications include Gmail and chrome browser. All of the data inside stays there.

1 Like

Your answer gave me peace of mind. Thank you for letting me know the details. :hugs:

All the people here are kind. :cupcake: :coffee:

I am new to post crossing, what are lottery winners?

Check here:
https://community.postcrossing.com/c/games-activities/lotteries/99

I had put my profile on private mode, but can’t find the option to get it back to public again. Can someone please help me?

Go to your personal menu → preferences → interface. There you can untick the option to hide your details. Remember to save the changes

1 Like

Thank you, I have found the option.

1 Like

Hello!
As the topic-writer, how do I close a lottery that’s been drawn and completed? Basically, how do I edit the title of a thread, as I have seen so many others do?
Thank you for the assistance!!
Clarisse

just after the topic there is a pencil shaped button, click and edit as closed

Thank you for the quick response! There is no pencil, though… see screenshot. I do see the pencil in topics I have created more recently. Does the option to edit the title expire?

You don’t have to close it by yourself.

It will be closed after 2 months - look what is written beneath the topic :wink:

This topic will close 2 months after the last reply.

But you can edit the headline with [Closed], if you want.

Edit: @CStar9 I marked the headline for you as closed.
As a basic user you can edit only for a short time after posting.

1 Like

If you are a new Forum user (“Basic”) you cannot edit your posts after a while. That changes after 14 days of visiting the forum, then you can achieve the “member” level.
So if you need help editing the title of the topic, you can ask here for people to help you. Everyone who’s got memberstatus “regular” can help you.

2 Likes

Thank you all so much!!

Hello,

I would like to delete messages from my inbox. How do I do that?

Hello! There is no “trash can” to delete message threads, but you have two options: you can archive the message or you can remove yourself from a conversation (use the Add or Remove... button underneath the first message in the conversation). If you remove yourself from the conversation, it disappears from your in-box.

1 Like

Is there any way to remove my own username from the messages in the inbox? I’m trying to search for a message from months back, and it’s confusing that all of the messages has my name on it in addition to the other person I have corresponded with.

Also, when we have removed ourself from a conversation, will this message then not show up in the search?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Welcome to the Forum!