Question about usps,US forever stamps

Hello everyone. My name is Mingfei. I am a Chinese student in USA. I just came to Seattle in September. But yesterday I was announced that the post office near my school doesn’t sell Global forever stamps temporary. I have some US forever stamps. Can I use them to send postcards abroad???

Hi Mingfei! Yes, you can use forever stamps but you need also additonal postage. The value of the forever stamp is currently 58c and you need 1.30 total for sending internationaly

1 Like

Thank you

can I use two US forever stamps and pay the rest with credit card in the post office??

You can use forever stamps to send international mail, although it would cost you more than the global forever stamps. If you only have the first-class forever stamps, you can use 3 of them for a value of $1.74, since you just need at least $1.30 to send the card.

I don’t know if you can pay with credit card or other non-stamp method, but if you don’t want to pay too much extra postage, I’d suggest buying some 10-cent and 5-cent stamps to use, if your post office has them. You can do 2 first-class forever stamps, one 10-cent stamp, and one 5-cent stamp for a value of $1.31.

3 Likes

I don’t know either if you can pay the rest by credit card. I can imagine the postal clerk would print a rather large label with the paid postage that will cover a lot of space on the postcard.
You can also order stamps online, you can review this topic for
stamps combination

You can buy sheets of additional postage. I use .10 and .03 and .01 with 2 forever stamp. That makes 1.30

Or you can buy .10 and .05 and pay an extra cent.
I would place all the stamps before writing on the postcard because 4 or 5 stamps take up a lot of space.

You can order Global stamps online at usps.com or check a different post office.

2 Likes

I’ve been using two Forever stamps and an Additional Ounce stamp (bunny, 20c) because they don’t take up too much room, and I’m only overpaying by 6c. Also, Post Offices typically have a good supply of the bunny stamps.

4 Likes

Actually, using domestic US forever stamps would be appreciated more.
People who like stamps are bored with US Global forever stamps, as there are very few design variations.

USPS (US post office) may have the minimum amount for a card payment, because it will cost them 5 to10 cents to process your 14 cents payment.

If you are going to used a credit card, I would suggest you buy sheet(s) of forever stamps or 1 sheet of 10 cent “pear” stamps = $2 = 20 stamps, 1 sheet of 2 cents “Navajo Jewelry” stamps =$0.40=20 stamps (if you want to be exact) or 1 sheet of “Bunny” additional ounce stamp=$4=20 stamps (if you don’t mind paying 6 cents extra per postcard).

According to USPS website, they accept the following types of credit cards:

• Visa
  • MasterCard
  • American Express
  • Discover
  • Carte Blanche
  • Diners Club
  • JCB
  • China Union Pay
1 Like

In addition to what has been said already …

Once you have your stamps and are able to put $1.30 (or a bit more) on it, you can drop them into any blue USPS mailbox.
If you live in an apartment building or similar, you might even have a slot for “outgoing” mail there!

Thank you. My university has spots to collect students’ outgoing mails

The current postage rate should be changed from $1.30 to $1.40.