Printing labels?

I know postcards sent to China are often delivered much faster/more reliably when you include the address in Chinese characters. I currently don’t have any printers in my house, so I’ve been using a Polaroid Zip printer, screenshotting the address, and printing it out as an image and trimming down to size. The film for the polaroid zip is pretty expensive, though!

How do you guys handle printing addresses? Are there any cheap/convenient options out there I’m unaware of, or am I just going to have to bite the bullet and invest in an actual printer and sheets of labels?

1 Like

Hi there :slight_smile:
I have a little printer called „paperang“ it does not use ink, i print the screenshot, guess as you do, and stick them on the card with tape :slight_smile: the printers as well as the paper is not too expensive :blush:

I use an old Dymo labelprinter with generic labels, I copy and paste the Chinese address (from the PC email) in the Dymo label app/software and I print it. It only works if the recipient has provided a Chinese address. Usually I cut a bit of empty label from the right side, otherwise the label would take up too much space.

Here you can see the labelprinter with sample label (that is not a real address)

2 Likes

I’m using regular ink printer (not helpful, I know) but your post reminded me of this:

I think it could work for tracing over a tablet or a phone too :smiley:

1 Like

It would definitely work by tracing over a screen! A disclaimer for @gabi_m , though: my DIY method is not exactly…convenient (but it is a lot of fun–for me, anyway). :upside_down_face: :cn: :hong_kong: :macau: :singapore: :taiwan:

2 Likes