Prices of stamps for postcards in all countries/territories (wiki)

Hi, is it still the same rate now? I went to the post office today and they told me it is Rs.20+Rs.7 surcharge. So, Rs.27 total. I restarted postcrossing after many years, still confused about the postal price :frowning:

The rates are still the same. 27 rupees is the airmail envelope rate(<20gms) to North America and Australia. You could perhaps show the clerk this IndiaPost document where the airmail rate is shown as 12 rupees (scroll down to number 28).

1 Like

Ah, well :sweat_smile: Thanks, dude. Will remember this for next time :smiley:

Sorry for the delay in answering, beggining of school year always needs some extra time. Thanks for finding @Lhyz

I didn’t knew about that obligation either or the problem with the earnings until I spoke with the owner of the only Estanco in my village who sells them.
I completely like Lhyz’s new note with the additional note, where I’d just add the link to correos web store just to make it easier for the users and, regarding the fractionary stamps, I would say that they are on sale at some Estancos, because the complaining form thing might be useful for people living in Spain, but it’s not practical for foreign tourists. So, what about:

Note: stamps with rate “D” do not exist as a definitive type in Spain so, to send mail to a “D country” you will need a C stamp + a 0’30 cent stamp (or a nother suitable combination that adds up to 1,90€). Stamps with this lower value (“fractionary stamps”) can be found in some Spanish ESTANCOS (tobacco shops) as well as in the post offices, upon demand at the counter. At the moment, they can’t be bought online, unlike the normal definitives although currently there’s a type of stamps featuring the Banco de Alimentos that has the exact value of a D stamp; 1’90€ and can be bought online.

1 Like

I think there is another post in the forum with all the links on where to buy stamps from each country. But, because it is a special “clarification” note and the PC system actually hides the large link in nice key words, I’ll leave.

I like your modification to the notes, I think it makes more sense now and, you’re right, if a lower value stamp is not avaliable at some Estanco, I’ll be nearly impossible to fill a complaint as a tourist.
I’ll add it to the wiki like this and we’ll wait to see if the moderators have any extra advice to put.

2 Likes

Wiki is at maximum capacity, so I’m adding the note here and I will attach it to the wiki as a link:

:es: SPAIN STAMPS:

Note: stamps with rate “D” do not exist as a definitive type in Spain so, to send mail to a “D country” you will need a C stamp + a 0’30 cent stamp (or a nother suitable combination that adds up to 1,90€). Stamps with this lower value (“fractionary stamps”) can be found in some Spanish ESTANCOS (tobacco shops) as well as in the post offices, upon demand at the counter. At the moment, they can’t be bought online, unlike the normal definitives although currently there’s a type of stamps featuring the Banco de Alimentos that has the exact value of a D stamp; 1’90€ and can be bought online.

2 Likes

Thank you @Lyzx and @PatriciaOH — I’m sure this will be helpful information to other postcrossers!

Yes :sweat_smile:, that’s why I mentioned a couple of sentences as we are nearing the limits of the wiki, but I like your workaround! :+1:

3 Likes

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome. :point_up::sunglasses:

I didn’t even know wiki’s had a limit. :sweat_smile:
But, hey, worked.

2 Likes

Guys! Please, help me! Does anyone know how much does it cost to send a postcard from Serbia? :serbia:

According to Pošta Srbije postage price calculator, International postcard postage is 24.00 RSD. You can calculate postage here: Postage Price Calculator

Thank you very much! :hugs:

I got the message “Body is limited to 32000 characters; you entered 32111.”, when I try to add Montenegro.

This page should be split.

Here is the Info for Montenegro

Montenegro :montenegro:

• Domestic: 0,30 EUR
  • International: 0,80 EUR - for Airmail add 0,10 EUR (all Neighbor countries without Italy); 0,15 EUR (all other European countries); 0,20 EUR (USA + Canada); 0,25 EUR (Rest of the world)
3 Likes

Please add this for Bhutan.

Bhutan :bhutan:

Destination Postcard
Domestic Nu. 15
Neighbors (IN, NP, BD) Nu. 25
International Nu. 30

Source - Bhutan Post

1 Like

@linos203 @ajbasu: I manage to fit it into the wiki — thank you for providing the information! :+1: Feel free to correct if something is not right.

2 Likes

Sierra Leone
Zone I (ECOWAS Countries) for each 20g - 12,000 Le
Zone II (Rest of Africa & EU) for each 20g - 13,000 Le
Zone III (USA & Canada) for each 20g - 14,000 Le
Zone IV (Asia & Rest of the world) for each 20g - 15,000 Le

Sad news
From January 3, 2022
Kazakhstan posts about to raise rates for postcards.
From current 140-160 KZT to 500-600 KZT (0.32 Euro to 1.25 Euro)
I will update wiki when rates will be effective.

I’m afraid Postcrossing community about to lose another member country in this wonderful project.
Most of us can’t afford this rates compared to our income.

4 Likes

@paulo The wiki seems to be full again, maybe you can manage to fit in this new information from Germany… I updated the new domestic rates which will be effective Saturday

Germany :de:

:warning: New domestic rates effective January 1st, 2022 :warning:

Normal postcards Squared postcards (“Großbrief” rate) Envelopes*
Domestic €0.70
(€0.60 until Dec 31st, 2021)
€1.60 (Großbrief Inland)
(€1.55 until Dec 31st, 2021)
€0.85
(€0.80 until Dec 31st, 2021)
International €0.95 €3.70
(Großbrief International)
€1.10

\* Shaped postcards can only be sent in an envelope.

More details
  • Rate for international standard letters up to 20g: €1,10 - it’s forbidden to include anything except for documents in international letters as of 1. January 2019! Blank postcards are not documents! More information here (in German)

The link said that documents are written, drawn, printed or digital messages and information.
Postcard contains printed information. Aren’t these postcards informative?

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

This was just information that was already written in the wiki entry… I just copied it and adjusted the rates. :man_shrugging:

No one will open up and check the inside of envelopes, but blank postcards have a specific value and must (in theory) thus be sent with a customs declaration (CN22 form)…

Sendungen, die beim Versand in das Non-EU-Ausland mit Zollinhaltserklärung mit einem ausgewiesenen Warenwert versehen sind, gelten nicht als Dokumente.

…and are not counted as documents.

German Post is complicated… you can send CDs and USB sticks in a letter as they’re counted as “digital documents” but if you want to send any small gifts, you need to use their “Päckchen International” (small packet) service which is even more expensive.

This ban on goods caused some loss of sales for Deutsche Post DHL (see here /unfortunately in German only/, but actually it only gets more expensive for the customers.

I updated the new rates for Deutsche Post. :relaxed:

1 Like