Postcrossing postcards on show at genoa central mail office

The kind and efficient employees of the central post office in genoa, italy, are now well acquainted with those crazy boys and girls who carry nearly 2 kilos of postcards to be sent all over the world every Monday after each meetup (8 in the last 12 months).
Since they are well aware of our passion for postcards and our devotion to Postcrossing, they offered us the display boards in the hall of the philatelic office (where small post-themed exhibitions are normally held) free of charge for a few weeks to help us make more people know and join this website we love so much.
Irene (@iside82) and I have seized this opportunity to exhibit postcards from our private collections and we have set up this small exhibition with Postcrossing meetup postcards and postcards featuring ships and lighthouses.
Genoa was the Capital of Culture in 2004, it is one of the main Italian ports, moreover for 62 years it has been home to a prestigious boat show, so the exhibition can’t miss the chance to show the naval theme as well as lighthouses, as the symbol of Genoa is the old lighthouse built in 1543, which is the third oldest still working and the fifth tallest in the world.
If you are in Genoa during the short period of time of this exhibition, do not miss a visit, or come in December when genoa will be the capital of Christmas 2022 and maybe attend one of our next meetups :smiley:

on this display board visitors can read how Postcrossing works and maybe they decide to be a part of this project :smiley:

when we are talking about the weight of signed meetup postcards to send we are not joking :rofl:

some of the postcards on show come from: @honeybee :heart_eyes: @MagicMarie :heart_eyes: @jussi :heart_eyes: @nikos8109 :heart_eyes: @Francy85 :heart_eyes: @Prodromos :heart_eyes: @Clara508 :heart_eyes: @anarita91 :heart_eyes: @antonel :heart_eyes:

many thanks to all the others :heart_eyes:

77 Likes

Kudos to you @stefbot75 and @Iside82. :clap:
A wonderful display, that highlights your strong positive relationship with your post office friends. Impressive!
Such fabulous ambassadors for Postcrossing! (@meiadeleite, @paulo).
:bouquet:

7 Likes

Congratulations, guys!

2 Likes

Wow, so great! That’s amazing, I wish I can discover Genoa and see it!

3 Likes

@stefbot75 Thank you, grazie mille, for choosing my card :partying_face::star_struck::relaxed:.

2 Likes

Thank you @JunboHuang @Antich @Prithika @salemhouse @KiwiAngie @missmelbourne @Xute for the ship cards you sent me to help with this exhibition! :smiley:

Some other postcards on display came from @richardlater @SunnyGirl81 @Eugene-Ussuri @Bowyum @OlgaVolga , thank you!

7 Likes

Ooooh!! I love that! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:
What an honor to see my (self-designed) Meetup-Postcard there!
Thank you so much. It makes me very happy and appreciated.
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Did you know that there are Postcrossing-Flyer available?
That would be a great addition to curious people to take away! :heart_eyes: :postcrossing:
Look here: Postcrossing-Flyer - if you hurry up you may still have a chance to order today!
(I’m more than welcome to help you guys to order them in case of any problems - since this flyer-project takes place in Germany and is linked to the Postcrossing-stamp launch event in Berlin.)

1 Like

This is so cool :heart_eyes: Well done! And I‘m happy my cards got to be a part of this amazing display! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Thank you @MagicMarie , I’m writing you a PM :slight_smile:

Wow, great!!!

1 Like

What a wonderful exhibition!!! I am really glad and honoured that a postcard that I sent,is part of this wonderful act of letting more people know about our beautiful hobby. Thank you for including me into this, through my card

2 Likes

Great endeavor!!! Very welcoming and informative!

2 Likes

Wow that is sooooo cool. I love that your community celebrates the love of postcards. I wish mine did too. That’s a lot of postcards. :weight_lifting_woman: :weight_lifting_man: :postcard: :postcard: :heart_decoration: :heart_decoration:

3 Likes

Amazing work!
Kudos to the team♥️

1 Like

This is a wonderful idea. I am sure you guys had a fantastic time at your Central Post Office. Thank you very much @stefbot75 for choosing one of my postcards for your beautiful postcard walls. My next meetup card to you is already on the way. :smile:

1 Like