Postcrossing exhibition at the local children library!

In March 2022 our local children’s library in Moscow, Russia has held an exhibition of my postcrossing cards related to children’s books. I gave them this idea in January and shared around 60 cards from my postcrossing collection related to kids books from different countries. Finally they have chosen around 30 cards for the exhibition. They also exhibited books that they could find in the library that match the cards. I prepared a little story about postcrossing that everyone could read and painted a postcriossing logo. I have had this idea about this exhibition since I strated to be in the project and I shared this info in my profile. Many people sent me cards especially for this exhibition. One woman from Germany sent me cards twice - every time several cards related to books. She is a librarian. Another woman from Belgium have specifically contacted the author of the books and received cards from him and then sent them to me. Many people also shared info about their favourite childhood books. I enjoy this project immensely. I found out that many books were in fact translated into Russian and I can find them and read to my kids. I also learned about many cartoons characters and comic books caracters and movies based on the favourite books. On the picture it is me standing in the library next to the exhibition of my cards related to books. Many kids and parents saw this and learned about postcrossing!

!

80 Likes

A great idea and great implementation. :+1:

2 Likes

Looks great :grinning:. It’s a good idea :+1:

2 Likes

Great idea​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::+1: I wish you more interesting ideas and happy Postcrossing!

1 Like

Well done Anastasia! :+1: It’s great to see people collaborating across borders towards this.

5 Likes

This is fantastic. Well done :two_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you so much! I am very happy to be a part of this project! I wish with all my heart that exchange of thoughts and better understanding between people of different countries that postcrossing brings may someday lead to the world without wars.

15 Likes

Thank you very much for sharing this with us, what a great project! :smiley:

1 Like

Wonderful idea! You are a Postcrossing ambassador.
Have you considered offering a postcard workshop at the library, for children and for adults?
Thank you for sharing this exciting project.

6 Likes

That’s awesome! Maybe it will spark an interest in postal mail in some of the children who see it :smiley:

3 Likes

Great project! thank you for sharing!

1 Like

This is exceptional! So much time and thought went into this!!

2 Likes

Anastasia, I support the commentators: the idea is excellent. I also work in the library, but with young people. Tell me, is it possible to send photos from the exhibition so that you can see the postcards? I can leave my email (gvozdikova_ev@mail.ru)

2 Likes

Hi, I have sent pictures to your e-mail)

I have never seen postcards about books before. These are delightful! How would I find postcards on literature?

Hi! Usually I find postcards about books in the on-line postcard shops. They would usually have a section like Books/Literature/Quotes/Famous illustrators etc…But some cards are easier to find then others. For example, Harry Potter is an extremely famous book so there are tons of cards related to it by different illustrators.At the same time some books are only famous in the country of origin so this cards could only be found in the country of the author.

1 Like

@LaurieBulson - The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art has an online gift shop with postcards featuring many book illustrations (and not only by Eric Carle)! https://shop.carlemuseum.org/

3 Likes

What a beautiful idea.
I made it last year for a reading ‘Letter for Santa clause’

(This picture was a test setup, later the postcrossing logo was also added. But I forgot to made a picture ^^; )

Until March I had a longtime Exhibition with changing Postcards in our ‘Readers cafe’

4 Likes