Postcrossing coincidences: What are the odds?

Yesterday I received (registered them today) three cards from Spain with consecutive numbers. :es: :tada: It must be my rarest country where I get cards with consecutive IDs. And the cherry on the top: all three cards are from Catalonia, two of them from Barcelona/near Barcelona.

6 Likes

Got DE-11370806, DE-11370807, DE-11370809 in two days; donā€™t know whether DE-11370808 is also for me and still on the road.

2 Likes

I have sent LK-19000 postcard.

7 Likes

Here is my weird coincidence. I am a new postcrosser (July 2021). Iā€™ve only had 60+ sent cards. So I have a good memory of the people Iā€™ve sent cards too. Today I pulled someone in China that I KNEW Iā€™d already sent a card to, one of my original 5. Sure enough, itā€™s the same guy! With another ā€œslightly differentā€ name than the first, but the bio is identical and the name is identical, but just a slightly different handle. Of all the postcrossers in China, I get the same guy in less than 60 cards sent out. Pretty remarkable.

8 Likes

Got DE-11370810 today

11 Likes

Received a card from this user and my card is her latest sent. The interesting thing is that her numbers of sent and received are the same with my address number.

I sent someone here on the forum a card just a few days ago - and yesterday I got their address in official Postcrossing! :smiley: Canā€™t wait for them to receive my card and feel just as surprised as me. :smiley:

13 Likes

I registered a card and couldnā€™t stop stare at the senderā€™s name/address, it looked so familiar. Then I got it - to this person my child sent a card from his account, which arrived two days after mine was sent by the other Postcrosser (it was my childā€™s first card which arrived through P.C.) :smiley:

5 Likes

That has to be me. :heart_eyes: Thanks a lot once more @Axolotl_. I love your postcard.

The coincidence for me is, that I read your post in this thread yesterday and was wondering who this lucky recipient might be. I did not think the slightest that it would be me. What a pleasant surprise today. :partying_face:

7 Likes

Doesnā€™t that stand in the address section of the mail?

This occurance randomly popped to my head so I wanted to tell it.

If I remember right Iā€™ve had the topic ā€œdrive-in cinemaā€ in my wishlist for as long as I remember, in my profile. However as months passed by I realised it wasnā€™t a popular card theme at all (I mean, didnā€™t really expect it to be, but still) so I thought Iā€™d delete it. But decide to keep it because Iā€™d had it for so long and I still would love to receive a card of that. Well, time passed by and I decided to remove it for space for some other topic. And then, it wasnā€™t long after that this card popped to my mailbox:

Over a month of traveling. That moment I was so happy I kept the topic for so long and I was so taken by the card!

In the end I decide dto not add it back (for now at least) but now I know it was worth it and now Iā€™m one drive-in cinema card richer :sweat_smile:

Just wanted to share this in case someone has a specific wish for a card and is thinking if itā€™s worth to keep there ā€œjust in caseā€. For me it was!

9 Likes

What is a drive-in cinema?

Itā€™s an outdoors movie theatre, where you go by a car. I think it has been most popular in the USA and peaked in the 1950ā€™s. Not so much anymore. You go there with your car, sit inside or on your car and enjoy the movie from the huuuge screen!

2 Likes

It must be huge to take in all the cars! How does the sound work there? Is it broadcasted on a radio? I guess it would have to be very loud otherwiseā€¦?

1 Like

Itā€™s like a big parking lot and the sound goes via radio as you said. :slight_smile: it was popular in the first covid year here in Germany!

4 Likes

They have been seen in the UK in recent yearsā€¦ good fun

I had a cowcidence these days. Two lovely cards with cows :cow: :heart:

Both cards were sent on 15th February, both in beautiful handmade envelopes, both had a cow-themed fake/re-used stamp on the card itself.

Frist one was from @Beat , the other member is not in the forum

7 Likes

@Jarana The 2nd one with flowers is so cute. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Little coincidence which just happenedā€¦couldnā€™t sleep, so I draw a new ID for my childā€™s account. He has only 6 sent cards till now.
So not only that I draw a rare country with only 75 members for him :flushed: (I feel, that I only have Russia and USA :grin:) - when I was ready and came to the forum a few minutes ago, the first post (written about 20min ago) I read was from exact that rare country member I draw an ID for. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

On January I got two cards that used UN stamps, both cancelled on the same day.
What is coincidence, the other is from Poland, the other from USA.
The other travelled 257 days, the other 63 days, so both longer than normal, but I got them very close to each others.

I donā€™t remember if I ever got Postcrossing mail with these stamps and now two!

5 Likes

Sorry for the late reply. I donā€™t use my full name on postcrossing (first name + initial of my last name) so they didnā€™t have any way of knowing. They could have just dropped it in the mailbox, I suppose, but itā€™s cool to connect with other Postcrossers which is perhaps why they didnā€™t?