Postcards to and from China

I sent cards to China this Jan and one card in Feb, some cards arrived this month to the receiver, and surprisingly a card I sent in Feb arrived in a month (maybe because I wrote the address in Chinese?). Service to China was opened for :ferry: mail only
If those cards I sent in Jan were official cards ofc they would’ve expired, but gladly they arrived. I think since pandemic many cards expire but many of them finally reach their destinations too :raised_hands:t2:

My latest cards to China took six weeks and a few days.

And I write the address by hand in Latin letters, so the six weeks include the transscription of the address in the Chinese post office.

1 Like

Last time I sent official cards to China, they all took two months. You address has been given out less than 3 weeks ago so it is more than likely that some postcards are on the way to you, don’t worry.

1 Like

One postcard to China is already 45 days on its way. I hope it will still be registered.

1 Like

For me, in Canada: average time for cards sent to China, 45 days. Average time for cards received from China: 60 days. It’s a long journey …

1 Like

One of my first cards went to China. It took 59 days till it reached its destination. I didn’t use airmail maybe that’s one reason. Now on Friday I’ve sent another card to China. The recipient wasn’t online for 17 days now. This time I’ve sent the card by airmail. I hope the card would be registrated.

1 Like

My only card sent to China took 61 days to reach its destination. You have to be patient.

Unfortunately quite a lot of my cards to China either get lost or arrive after more than 60 days:

In 2022 not a single one of my postcards to China has arrived yet.

3 Likes

Hello.

It currently looks like this…

The recipient (expired card) was last online 8 days ago. The last card was registered on October 23, 2021 (!). The user replies (at least to me) to my polite inquiry as to whether the second and third cards I sent out of goodwill have arrived in the meantime - not at all!
I find this behavior a little rude.

The second user is regularly online and seems to be registering reliably, so I still have some hope that this card will still arrive…

1 Like

What is rude about telling the truth?
Have you asked for the current address? The addressee could have moved in the meantime.

This year… got one travelling right now for 59 days, didn’t arrive yet. another one was sent on the 8th of january and arrived on the 27th of february. The cards according to my stats average 80 days of travel from france to China and 50 days from China to France. I’ve had quite a few taking over 100 days to arrive… And quite a few that never arrived.

Hello.
I expressed myself a bit wrong: The user in question didn’t react to my messages at all! I
wrote to him now to see if he might have moved.

1 Like

Sorry, now I was rude to you!

2 Likes

Postcards mailed to China have been travelling for 80 days and 243 days respectively.

I’ve also experienced problems with postcards travelling to Russia too; I have some that have been travelling for 168, 249, 310, and 331 days respectively.

I’ve hesitated sending a second card as I’m afraid they would disappear like the previous cards.

To @nikos8109 – those frustrations are universal it seems.

1 Like

So far two cards to China expired, travelling for 273 and 127 days now.
Two arrived last year within average of 25 days.
So I hope the best for all of them.
Receiving cards from China was 36 days in average.

This is not in itself noteworthy. My last received card was July 2020, but I’m still online almost every day. It just means I’m currently set to inactive.

1 Like

Postcards to China: better attach printed address in Chinese, which significantly reduces time in sorting and delivery.

1 Like

But not everyone has a chance to do it. For example, I don’t have a printer.
Nowadays, it seems like it often takes over 60 days until my postcards arrive to China. I mean, if they arrive at all.

2 Likes

I can’t seem to print Chinese addresses either.

2 Likes

Then it depends on how much a user is annoyed by expired cards to China. If it really matters, then purchasing a printer is imperative. Otherwise, it’s just an generic issue regardless of destination.

2 Likes