Postcards that make us laugh! 🤣

I chuckled at this one

Cute & funny :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I’ve been going through this thread having a right good laugh, so thanks to all for sharing! :joy:

I can’t find it now :crazy_face: but there is a postcard on here that someone said was “typical British humour” which I absolutely had to agree with!

But it did make me think…. are there any postcards that are very typical of other nations’ humour? I would be very interested to see these. :grin:

Edit: Found it! :laughing:

1 Like

Glad you’re enjoying the thread - that’s what it’s here for & I think I’ve noticed other humour trends from different countries in the thread - German & Dutch cards come to mind.

2 Likes

Few weeks ago I recieved one postcard that made me laugh. Not for the postcard itself but for its injuries.

It seems that the main character is complaining about his travel injuries. It seems that instead of being titled: “Boy bitten by a lizard” it should be titled: “Boy scratched by mail machine”.

7 Likes

Well, not to speak for ALL Americans, but, OK yes to speak for my assessment of American wit… I’d say our humor is mostly characterized by: understatement, overstatement and sarcasm. Then there is the slightly nerdier version of humor that makes a play on words, either double meanings or double spellings and the dreaded puns. Most “Dad jokes” fall in this category. I won’t address “naughty humor”, as I try not to be the expert in that one. :face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

This card once traveled to Taiwan.

A second time I sent it to my father for his birthday.
The next time I visited him, I asked him about the card.
All his friends thought it was funny.

Then I asked…
Me: “And the way the dog is looking into the camera is cute, isn’t it?”
He: … SILENCE …
Me: “You didn’t even realize there was a dog on the card…”

Postcrossing postcard DE-9986959 from Germany

10 Likes

:wink:

3 Likes

Just received this one, which may explain why the US Postal Service is so slow …

5 Likes

“Self-tanner!”
“cool!”

5 Likes

“Just get out of the way!”

1 Like

This made me laugh too much :laughing:

14 Likes

Not mine, but from Ulli Stein :grinning:

“Just saying one last time: FORGET IT!”

5 Likes

Not mine, just accidentally found in the gallery & need to share :laughing:

translation: “I hope, I’ll never get that desperate!”

8 Likes
4 Likes

Again, not mine, but :rofl:

translation “that was somehow really stupid”

2 Likes

More fat cat art. The cat cone is a stroke of genius!

6 Likes
3 Likes

23 Likes

I ran across this one on Ebay and had to buy it because it’s so bizarre :sweat_smile:

16 Likes