Postcard Galleries

I have seen a lot of people post galleries of their available postcards. For those of you who have one, how do you manage it? Do you scan your cards as you purchase them or some other form of capture? Any suggestions for someone who would like to start their own galleries?

I took photo using my mobile phone every time I bought postcard then uploaded them into my google photos as my online galleries

1 Like

I scan all my cards and upload them :slight_smile:

1 Like

I scan them. There are free sites where you can upload them. I can recommend zonerama which is easy to use https://www.zonerama.com/

1 Like

I use Google Photos because I have 1T of space on it. I just look at my deck of postcards and blanche at the time it’ll take to scan them all. :sweat_smile:

I don’t have a scanner at home so I use PhotoScan by Google Photos. It works well with pictures but not so well with words (fine lines come out blurry).

2 Likes

I used to scan my cards and upload to a Flickr account. Then I took a break from Postcrossing for a few years and now have to update my available cards. Since I don’t have access to a scanner anymore, and since Flickr has imposed space limits on their free accounts, I’ve decided to switch to google doc. It’s taking a while to take a photo of all my cards and upload them, but I find this process a lot more faster than scanning.

Although I do find it annoying I can’t do a batch edit of my card titles/descriptions on google like I was able to do on Flickr. This is one of the downsides of google that I would suggest you keep in mind, in case you choose google and end up having a large collection of cards in the future. If google does have a feature for a batch edit and I’m just unaware of it, I’d appreciate it if someone could explain it to me. :wink: :pray:

1 Like

Probably not the right place to post this but here goes: was thinking it would be cool to have a place on the forum to post a pic of our favorite sent or received post card each week, or each month. Just thought of this and looking for thoughts or maybe there is something like this already…any thoughts??