Postbot

I can’t find a way to re-flag it so I skipped.
Now I’ve got this

1 Like

That should be your certificate — congratulations! :tada:

It can take a bit to load. Just leave the page open, and come back to it in some time. When it does, you can make a screenshot and participate in my lottery. :blush:

I had the same problem when I made the tutorial the first time around in the sandbox. I flagged it as something else and couldn’t proceed. If this is fixable or if a warning could be added that nothing else works, that would be nice for newbies. I switched to pc and started the tutorial from the beginning again in that case because I somehow overlooked that you can skip steps, too :sweat_smile:
It would also be very helpful to add a notice that the image might take a while to load, I don’t know how often we’ve had to explain this already…

I also got stuck on this when I went through the tutorial initially. It was a bit frustrating because even once you realize your mistake, there’s no way to fix it.

I think Postbot is awesome. Mind you, I did what I was told, when I was told, how I was told…

I.
HAVE.
BEEN.
ASSIMILATED.

2 Likes

The issue with the incorrect flagging has already been fixed on the latest version of Discourse and we will get the fix on the next update. Incidentally, I have also reported that the capybara doesn’t eat real emojis and they fixed it in 30m :star_struck:. Again, also available here when they release the next stable version and we update to it. Oh, and the “choosen” typo had already been fixed too when I checked.

As for the certificate, it seems that sometimes it takes a while to generate for some reason, and only some times: I just redid the tutorial and it showed pretty much instantly for me. I have reported this issue to the Discourse team, but it may be tricky to address if they can’t reproduce it on their side. Will update here if I hear from them on it.

7 Likes

Thank you for attending to these relatively minor issues. :smile:

1 Like

Congratulations! :slightly_smiling_face:

Great

How can I use the postbot? I am trying to start the tutorials… I think I will need to use the Dutch word for it, that’s no problem, but what do I need to do to start them? I have over 30 messages now, doing nothing ::

Try: @postbot start tutorial and follow his instructions :wink:

Normally you message the postbot with a command like:

@postbot start tutorial

or

@postbot start advanced tutorial

Something to be careful about is with copying&pasting the commands — we’ve had some issues with that in the past. Sometimes doing that will also copy the style of the text which causes the bot not understand the text part of the command. The simplest way to avoid is simply to type the command instead of copy&paste.

2 Likes

@_Hawkwind_ and @paulo
Thanks for the replies… I have managed to finish the advanced tutorial… the normal one is still on my to do list :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I also have done the advanced tutorial. :smiley:

I had an issue with the postbot earlier today. During a roll, it pulled duplicate numbers twice. I’ve never seen this before so I don’t know if there’s a trick I’m missing to prevent it or if there was a legit issue.

This link will take you to the post it happened.

It is legit. If you roll thirteen dice (each with 55 sides), it is possible to get the same number twice. Just like when you use physical dice, sometimes you get doubles.

3 Likes

Okidoke! Thank you!

postbot
I received an email from postbot.

What does this do? I don’t know how to use it. I don’t even know how to raise the level. :joy:

Hi Season! Postbot is a friendly bot that helps newbies get used to some of the forum’s features. Just follow the instructions on the email titled “Greetings!”, and it’ll help you discover how to like posts, create bookmarks and other things you might want to try. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@postbot display help