Portland OR, World Postcard Day, Oct 1, 2022

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Portland, OR
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Overlook Park covered picnic area: Overlook Park | Portland.gov
:calendar: DATE: Oct 1
:alarm_clock: TIME: 11 am - 1 pm
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Let’s celebrate World Postcard Day with a meetup in the park! If you are able to address and stamp some cards before arriving in the park, great! We can also try to draw additional recipients while there if anyone has slots remaining. I will be printing up some official World Postcard Day cards, but feel free to bring whatever cards you already have or alternate World Postcard Day designs.
Bring your pens and signature stamps if you have them.
Hopefully the weather will be on our side and it won’t be too rainy, windy, or cold.

I’ve never been to a meetup before, so please let me know if additional information or organization would be helpful to get this off the ground.

4 Likes

I will be there! Let’s do it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yay! I’m planning on coming. Thank you for organizing.

1 Like

Count me in. So excited to see you all!
Izzy

1 Like

I’ll be there…I’ve been to one meetup so far and it was great fun. Let me know if I can help but looks like you set up just right

Do you want to mention food? Snacks to share, BYOlunch?

Kathryn in St Johns

I’m so excited to meet everyone!
I will plan to bring some little snacks and drinks. Feel free to bring snacks to share if you want, but it certainly isn’t necessary.

I don’t know if I can do this now but I would like to buy 10 WPD postcards. I can pay in advance or in cash at the meetup, whatever is better.

I should have at least that many extra. Cash the day of is fine. $5?

That’s perfect, Thank you!

I am so excited for this!

I heard about this meet up from a postcard I received! I’m planning on attending. Thanks

Hi I will be coming

Our meetup is one week away! At this point the forecast is crisp and dry :crossed_fingers:
I’m looking forward to meeting everyone and sending a mountain of postcards out into the world.

3 Likes

Hello! I am going to a World Postcard Day meeting in Melbourne, Australia. Below is the meet-up card. Would anyone like to swap cards with me? Please message me if so :green_heart: :blue_heart:

1 Like

Thank you to everyone who made it out today!
I’m hoping to put together another in March as twice a year seems totally manageable.
Happy World Postcard Day!

5 Likes

The meetup was perfect. Thanks for organizing in such a nice spot and lovely people. The highlight for me was seeing Izzy’s fantastic handmade cards. My dog had a good time too and making friends with Grandma Waffle.

Looking forward to our next meetup,
Kathryn

3 Likes

Oh no! I just saw this today. I live in Portland. I’ll check more regularly so I can join a meet-up in the future. Hope it was fun!

Hi there! I was just thinking about another PDX meetup. Do you still have plans? Mind if I pick your brain on the experience? Im local and was thinking of hosting one.

I do not have any plans yet. Honestly, the year is kinda getting away from me already.
If you would be interested in doing some organizing I would happily hand it off to you!
We would have to decide if we want to print a meetup card or just bring from our own collections.

2 Likes