Photo Scanner Recommendations

I also use Office Lens, it also works on IPhone. You even can use this to make PDF’s if you want.

For those who love “real” hardware:
Canon LIDE scanners are amazing.

I use Brother laser printer HLL2395DW and I am happy with the quality of the scan.

I ordered it just now.
I use an Epson V39 flatbed scanner and I’ve always been very satisfied, but for a few months now I have vertical lines on every photo. Only there, not on documents. It is now almost 5 years old and I think I’ve scanned some 100,000 photos, postcards and documents - I guess it reached the end of its lifetime. I have tried various steps to solve the problem, but none have worked. But it’s okay - I paid 80 € in 2018 and so it’s simply time for a new one.

If you go to iPhone settings, Media, Save Photo, it will go into the album folder as an image from the beginning, not as a PDF.

By the way, I use PhotoScan from Google.

1 Like

Not necessarily a recommendation, but might also be helpful. I was very excited to get a scanner for my postcards. I decided to get a scanner/printer so I could use it for work stuff too and this far I haven’t been thrilled with the quality of the scans or the speed. It takes forever. I read a lot of reviews before I got it and wish I would have known that it’s probably great for people who want to print photos, but not so much the scanning. Scanner: Epson XP7100

Thank you for sharing this. I can’t believe how well this app works. Truly stunning.

1 Like

I am still using the HP flatbed scanner I bought almost 10 years ago…I scan lots of docs for my students and work in general, don’t know how I could live without one! and I scan all my outgoing cards plus some trade albums…use it almost daily and grateful that it still works!

1 Like

I have a Plustek ePhoto. It was quite inexpensive, and I didn’t have high hopes but so far it has worked great. I was able to scan my entire (5,000+) postcard collection plus other documents here and there as well.

2 Likes